Blueeyes1989

Montreal embassy EB-2 interview wait time-Part 2

2,620 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Nicadog said:

We had our Montreal interview today for EB1 & same thing happened as others have stated: that we were "refused" because there are no visas available until Oct 1st, but they kept our passports and said everything looked good.

One other hiccup was that they hadn't received our Immigration Medicals - even though we did them on Aug 27th at Dr. Lyndon Mascarenhas in Toronto. The Consulate officer said to just make sure they are sent before Oct 1st - she seemed surprisingly chill about it. I've followed up with Dr. Lyndon's office and that assure me they sent them in last week so I don't know how this is messed up, but I'll be chasing getting it rectified ASAP. Maybe a good reason to go to another immigration doctor than him as THIS IS THE WHOLE REASON HE EXISTS.

Otherwise, the process was okay. We had our 2.5 year old and they let us bring up her little backpack with some toys. We were shushed by security a couple times, which was, well, infuriating, but we got through it.

Congrats. Could you please share the questions they asked you if you dont mind.

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
14 hours ago, appleblossom said:

Job offer letter (dated less than one month previously), and employment contract. Make sure they include salary, hours, location, duties, etc. 

Good luck. 

Thank you - would you or anyone here happen  to have a template that I can reference to ? 

6 hours ago, datafate said:

Thank you - would you or anyone here happen  to have a template that I can reference to ? 

Not sure what you mean? It’s not something you do, your company has to provide it. They’ll have a standard contract and letter to use but presumably you’ve already seen those if you’ve accepted the job? 

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, appleblossom said:

Not sure what you mean? It’s not something you do, your company has to provide it. They’ll have a standard contract and letter to use but presumably you’ve already seen those if you’ve accepted the job? 

Yes, I have a standard offer letter from the company that was given during Labor Certification.

Since it's a full time role, the company has not stipulated any contractual obligations around how long I should stay with the company.

My only concern was if there was anything in specific in terms of template that the consular expects the letter to be in .

My employers attroney said, and offer letter with the job duties and that was presented during Labor certification should suffice.

1 minute ago, datafate said:

Yes, I have a standard offer letter from the company that was given during Labor Certification.

Since it's a full time role, the company has not stipulated any contractual obligations around how long I should stay with the company.

My only concern was if there was anything in specific in terms of template that the consular expects the letter to be in .

My employers attroney said, and offer letter with the job duties and that was presented during Labor certification should suffice.

Yes, that’s fine - but you need an updated version, it can’t be more than a month old. 

On 9/16/2024 at 9:40 PM, canadian85 said:

Congrats. Could you please share the questions they asked you if you dont mind.

Sure, for reference, I'm an EB-1 self-petitioned "Alien with extraordinary abilities." They asked a few clarifying questions on what I do for work in Canada. They asked why now is the right time to move my work to the United States, and what I will bring to my industry in the U.S. They asked if we'd traveled to the U.S. before (yes) but didn't ask for any further detail. I think that was about it? I didn't end up needing a lot of the documents my immigration lawyer had advised I prepare, but at least I wasn't caught without things I needed.

Filed: EB-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 minute ago, Nicadog said:

Sure, for reference, I'm an EB-1 self-petitioned "Alien with extraordinary abilities." They asked a few clarifying questions on what I do for work in Canada. They asked why now is the right time to move my work to the United States, and what I will bring to my industry in the U.S. They asked if we'd traveled to the U.S. before (yes) but didn't ask for any further detail. I think that was about it? I didn't end up needing a lot of the documents my immigration lawyer had advised I prepare, but at least I wasn't caught without things I needed.

I'm EB-1 as well. Did they ask for letters of employment or letters of interest from prospective employers?

50 minutes ago, mgsctravels said:

I'm EB-1 as well. Did they ask for letters of employment or letters of interest from prospective employers?

They did not ask for them. I had brought two "offer of employment" letters - basically companies saying they'd love to hire me on x project if I'm granted status, but didn't end up needing them.

Filed: EB-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Nicadog said:

They did not ask for them. I had brought two "offer of employment" letters - basically companies saying they'd love to hire me on x project if I'm granted status, but didn't end up needing them.

Bless you. I have the same. I don't have a hard employment letter as I applied on achievement and merit, but I have several letters of interest. 

Congratulations to you!

16 minutes ago, mgsctravels said:

Bless you. I have the same. I don't have a hard employment letter as I applied on achievement and merit, but I have several letters of interest. 

Congratulations to you!

Any idea if the employment letter is mandatory for EB1 -C - multinational manager? Do I need to get another letter from my company for the interview?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.