Blueeyes1989

Montreal embassy EB-2 interview wait time-Part 2

2,593 posts in this topic

13 hours ago, TanSen said:

My apologies if my questions have already been asked.

I have a question:
I realized that I never informed USCIS/NVC about my new passport (which I renewed recently) and my address change after my documents were qualified by the NVC.

Although the number of my previous passport is mentioned on my new passport.

Is it necessary to inform USCIS/NVC about these recent updates?

If I need to inform them, what would be the way to do that?

Recently, I received an invitation for an interview, and I have exactly 40 days before the interview.

Thank you in advance.

Never inform NVC of changes such as new passport to your case, or even if it is a newborn/spouse/etc! That would reset your DQ date which could mean years more waiting.

NVC states on its website that you can let the consular officer know about it during the interview, or if the consulate does it (MTL apparently doesn't do it), email directly the consulate and ask them to open DS260 after receiving the IL.

But you are past that stage, so don't worry about it :)

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I just got DQ on August 9th 2024 and I am in Canada. My Visa Category is EB3 and I am healthcare worker (RN). As per Montreal Consulate website their wait time is 2 years for EB3 interview. As per the tracking sheet also it looks to be 2 years and more wait time from DQ to Interview. Is  that the same for healthcare worker or they do expedite or provide earlier dates? If someone in same situation or pass through same provide some insight would help me and my family to decide our future plans. My Priority date is in July 2007 and Country of Chargeability is India. I am now Canadian Citizen but it will still consider the Birth country. 

1 hour ago, bbusadream said:

I just got DQ on August 9th 2024 and I am in Canada. My Visa Category is EB3 and I am healthcare worker (RN). As per Montreal Consulate website their wait time is 2 years for EB3 interview. As per the tracking sheet also it looks to be 2 years and more wait time from DQ to Interview. Is  that the same for healthcare worker or they do expedite or provide earlier dates? If someone in same situation or pass through same provide some insight would help me and my family to decide our future plans. My Priority date is in July 2007 and Country of Chargeability is India. I am now Canadian Citizen but it will still consider the Birth country. 

It's the same queue for you as everyone else. They are currently up to May 2023. 

On 8/12/2024 at 5:44 AM, TanSen said:

My apologies if my questions have already been asked.

I have a question:
I realized that I never informed USCIS/NVC about my new passport (which I renewed recently) and my address change after my documents were qualified by the NVC.

Although the number of my previous passport is mentioned on my new passport.

Is it necessary to inform USCIS/NVC about these recent updates?

If I need to inform them, what would be the way to do that?

Recently, I received an invitation for an interview, and I have exactly 40 days before the interview.

Thank you in advance.

Hello congratulations for IL, can you please let us know your category and DQ date? my DQ date was 30th May 2023 and waiting for IL to be received. 

For those asking about where to find the vaccine, if you are in Ontario you can book an appointment at certain Shoppers Drug mart for both children and adult. They carry the latest vaccine. Select Adult or Pediatric and it will tell you which Shoppers carries it, then you can book an appointment, some of them accept walk-ins. 

https://shoppersdrugmart.medmeapp.com/schedule/activity-groups/COVID-19-Vaccine?province=ON&_gl=1*lo0nyk*_gcl_au*MTc3ODU0NDczNS4xNzIzMDY3NDgw*_ga*MjE5MTQzMTY4LjE3MjMwNjc0ODE.*_ga_XCKB8CCCYD*MTcyMzUwMzkzMi40LjAuMTcyMzUwMzkzNS41Ny4wLjA.&service=covid-pfizer-booster

Also if you or your children (5 yr and up) have never been vaccinated for Covid, you only need 1 dose of this new vaccine to meet the requirement for full vaccination. However, kids 6 months old to 4 yr old need 2-3 doses ( 8 weeks apart)

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/covid-19/clinical-considerations/interim-considerations-us.html#table-01

Timeline
21 hours ago, Froozion said:

It's the same queue for you as everyone else. They are currently up to May 2023. 

Thank you for the response @Froozion It is frustrating being in neighbour country still they have only one consulate which can process immigrant Visa and that is at so low speed. I will see if I can transfer my case to my birth country where there is very less wait time.

Timeline
On 7/7/2024 at 11:48 AM, AJSin1 said:

Congrats on receiving your IL! Not sure why your case is in Mumbai and not Montreal but it is likely because of your citizenship/residence at the time of the initial application. I'm also planning to transfer my case to Mumbai since cases are being processed much faster there than Montreal when it comes to EB applicants. 

Please note that you do require Indian police certificate to enter the Mumbai consulate for your interview. It is stated on the website. See link below. You can get your police certificate from India or from the Indian consulate in Canada but the latter takes several weeks so I'm not sure if it'll come through in time for your interview in August.

Also, you have to book a biometrics appointment separately in India as they are not done at the consulate during your interview.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Supplements/Supplements_by_Post/BMB-Mumbai.html

Let's connect. Would love to learn from each others experience.

Hello,

I want to know your experience if you went to Mumbai for interview. As I am thinking of transferring my case to Mumbai considering long wait time in Montreal. Let me know if you have any information on current wait time in Mumbai for EB3 interview.

I just got DQ on August 9th 2024 and I am in Canada and citizen here. My Visa Category is EB3 and I am healthcare worker (RN). As per Montreal Consulate website their wait time is 2 years for EB3 interview. As per the tracking sheet also it looks to be 2 years and more wait time from DQ to Interview. If someone in same situation or pass through same provide some insight would help me and my family to decide our future plans. My Priority date is in July 2007 and Country of Chargeability is India. 

Thanks,

9 hours ago, bbusadream said:

Hello,

I want to know your experience if you went to Mumbai for interview. As I am thinking of transferring my case to Mumbai considering long wait time in Montreal. Let me know if you have any information on current wait time in Mumbai for EB3 interview.

I just got DQ on August 9th 2024 and I am in Canada and citizen here. My Visa Category is EB3 and I am healthcare worker (RN). As per Montreal Consulate website their wait time is 2 years for EB3 interview. As per the tracking sheet also it looks to be 2 years and more wait time from DQ to Interview. If someone in same situation or pass through same provide some insight would help me and my family to decide our future plans. My Priority date is in July 2007 and Country of Chargeability is India. 

Thanks,

I would probably look through reddit and visa journey to try figure out the wait times for both places. As far as I know Mumbai is also heavily backlogged. But I'm not sure which is slower. 

I would maybe wait a couple months to see how things go with montreal. They cleared 7 months back log in April and 5 months in August. There is a chance things continue to progress in the next few months and it will be more like a 6-12 month wait. Which is probably faster than Mumbai. But you would need to figure that out yourself. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
On 8/13/2024 at 10:03 PM, bbusadream said:

Hello,

Thanks,

You will have to check with some threads from Mumbai directly, but as far as I am aware, they are pretty backlogged as well.  

The additional challenge is typically, you must reside in the country of the consulate you're wanting to deal with and the consulate has the discretion to choose whether or not it will take your case if you are a non-resident citizen.  So, even if you're an Indian citizen, the consulate may deny a transfer request because you're residing in Canada.  

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

1 minute ago, MikeS2024 said:

I'm concerned about the long list of required vaccines. How expensive it is to get these at the physical exam? Would it be cheaper to get them at a travel clinic?

I'm struggling to get a serological assessment without having a family doctor.. :( (been a PR for 3 years!)

Some of the vaccines require multiple doses. You should get them done at a travel clinic before the medical

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.