Blueeyes1989

Montreal embassy EB-2 interview wait time-Part 2

2,593 posts in this topic

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 8/7/2024 at 9:44 AM, Wincity said:

I haven't received an IL yet. I am happy for those that received IL because I understand the stress. But, I am devastated that I've been skipped again. During last batch of interviews(April 2024), my lawyers have reached out to NVC and Montreal but received standard response that I am "in the queue waiting for interview to be scheduled".

Complete and total devastation.  

Looks like they retrogresed eb3 dates to 2020 That explains why you didn't receive the IL .

I am DQd Aug 2023 . Hopefully something in the next batch.

46 minutes ago, datafate said:

Looks like they retrogresed eb3 dates to 2020 That explains why you didn't receive the IL .

I am DQd Aug 2023 . Hopefully something in the next batch.

Yep, I just posted about the regression the same time you did. Bad luck but still have hope for October.

On 8/7/2024 at 2:16 PM, mgsctravels said:

When I look at the spreadsheet most of the statuses starting back from July 2023 are marked as 'Administrative Processing' and there is no update after that. Does it take normally this long after it goes into AP to complete visa processing decision? Or do you think applicants did not update the status after that in the spreadsheet?

Edited by sunnylank

Timeline
12 hours ago, rzchen said:

Is there a change on status at CEAC website when someone received IL?  or it is still "At NVC"? Thanks

My status changed to "in transit" after I received the interview letter. Then yesterday, after I had registered my courier services and interview, the status on CEAC changed to "ready".

Timeline

Anyone know where I can find any answer to a Covid vaccine question on VJ?

Had my latest Covid vaccine in May 2023 and the requirement for the medical exam is that it be received within 1 year of the exam. However, I have looked all over Mexico (where we currently live), the US and in Ontario but it seems everyone is waiting for the latest batch/version of the vaccine and I cannot find anywhere to actually get it. Would it be waived at the medical if the vaccine is not available? Of course, I will keep looking but all pharmacies are saying they will receive the latest version late summer/early fall which might fall after my September 9 medical date. Just trying to see where I get hear other stories or if anyone else is in the same position.

Timeline
46 minutes ago, Texasbound1 said:

Anyone know where I can find any answer to a Covid vaccine question on VJ?

Had my latest Covid vaccine in May 2023 and the requirement for the medical exam is that it be received within 1 year of the exam. However, I have looked all over Mexico (where we currently live), the US and in Ontario but it seems everyone is waiting for the latest batch/version of the vaccine and I cannot find anywhere to actually get it. Would it be waived at the medical if the vaccine is not available? Of course, I will keep looking but all pharmacies are saying they will receive the latest version late summer/early fall which might fall after my September 9 medical date. Just trying to see where I get hear other stories or if anyone else is in the same position.

I have been calling everywhere in Canada and the States for my kids, the latest vaccines batch ended in late July and the new one is coming around October. Not sure what to do either

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
On 8/10/2024 at 10:16 AM, Coco_2023 said:

I have been calling everywhere in Canada and the States for my kids, the latest vaccines batch ended in late July and the new one is coming around October. Not sure what to do either

From where did you get the information about less than one year requirement?

I couldn’t find it in the following music link: https://www.uscis.gov/tools/designated-civil-surgeons/vaccination-requirements

Timeline
1 minute ago, AA-H said:

USCIS link

Q. Certain vaccine series can only be completed with multiple visits to the civil surgeon. Am I required to complete the entire series before the civil surgeon can sign the Form I-693?
A. You are only required to receive a single dose of each vaccine when you visit the civil surgeon. You are encouraged to follow up with your private health care provider to complete the series. Once you have received the single dose appropriate at the time, the civil surgeon can sign and certify the Form I-693. The COVID-19 vaccine is the exception to this requirement. You must complete the COVID-19 vaccine primary series (for example, 1 or 2 doses, depending on which vaccine, in adults; 2 or 3 doses, depending on age and which vaccine, in children) and provide documentation of vaccination to the civil surgeon in person before completion of the medical examination. For more information about the COVID-19 vaccination requirement see the CDC Technical Instructions.

Timeline
1 hour ago, AA-H said:

From where did you get the information about less than one year requirement?

I couldn’t find it in the following music link: https://www.uscis.gov/tools/designated-civil-surgeons/vaccination-requirements

My medical appointment is with Dr. Zatzman. His office provided a vaccine form after the medical was booked. Under the COVID vaccine, it states that is must be within the last year

Screenshot 2024-08-11 at 10.24.57 AM.png

My apologies if my questions have already been asked.

I have a question:
I realized that I never informed USCIS/NVC about my new passport (which I renewed recently) and my address change after my documents were qualified by the NVC.

Although the number of my previous passport is mentioned on my new passport.

Is it necessary to inform USCIS/NVC about these recent updates?

If I need to inform them, what would be the way to do that?

Recently, I received an invitation for an interview, and I have exactly 40 days before the interview.

Thank you in advance.

Timeline
7 hours ago, Texasbound1 said:

My medical appointment is with Dr. Zatzman. His office provided a vaccine form after the medical was booked. Under the COVID vaccine, it states that is must be within the last year

Screenshot 2024-08-11 at 10.24.57 AM.png

I also booked the appointment with the same doctor and didn't notice the "within the last year" requirement in the vaccination table. My last COVID vaccination was in May 2021, and I was not planning to get a booster. I will call them to ask about this and find out what to do if the vaccine is not available.

11 hours ago, TanSen said:

My apologies if my questions have already been asked.

I have a question:
I realized that I never informed USCIS/NVC about my new passport (which I renewed recently) and my address change after my documents were qualified by the NVC.

Although the number of my previous passport is mentioned on my new passport.

Is it necessary to inform USCIS/NVC about these recent updates?

If I need to inform them, what would be the way to do that?

Recently, I received an invitation for an interview, and I have exactly 40 days before the interview.

Thank you in advance.

Both things you can just let them know on the day. If you have your old passport that is cut. No harm in bringing it. Have your new address printed out on a bit of paper so they can edit it on the system. I think most people have address changes after this long. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.