Blueeyes1989

Montreal embassy EB-2 interview wait time-Part 2

2,593 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Wincity said:

That's great news! When is you interview?

Unfortunately, no interview letter for me and my DQ is December 28th, 2022. 

Great news! Congratulations. But what I'm baffled by is that they had stated for a couple of months that they were processing Jan 2023, but you (Dec 2022) had not received IL until now....

4 minutes ago, AnnaSalu said:

Great news! Congratulations. But what I'm baffled by is that they had stated for a couple of months that they were processing Jan 2023, but you (Dec 2022) had not received IL until now....

I haven't received an IL yet. I am happy for those that received IL because I understand the stress. But, I am devastated that I've been skipped again. During last batch of interviews(April 2024), my lawyers have reached out to NVC and Montreal but received standard response that I am "in the queue waiting for interview to be scheduled".

Complete and total devastation.  

5 minutes ago, Wincity said:

I haven't received an IL yet. I am happy for those that received IL because I understand the stress. But, I am devastated that I've been skipped again. During last batch of interviews(April 2024), my lawyers have reached out to NVC and Montreal but received standard response that I am "in the queue waiting for interview to be scheduled".

Have you changed or updated any part of your file. I know people that have changed their address or added a new SO/child and that has changed they DQ date. When you check CEAC do you still have the same DQ date?

4 minutes ago, Wincity said:

Just to confirm, you're EB-2? What's your Priority Date??

2 minutes ago, Froozion said:

Have you changed or updated any part of your file. I know people that have changed their address or added a new SO/child and that has changed they DQ date. When you check CEAC do you still have the same DQ date?

I just moved. Should I notify NVC my new address or no? Thats harsh that update address resets everything

1 hour ago, Froozion said:

Hello everyone. Good news. We got our interview letter this morning. We were DQ March 8th 2023. And our interview is Sept 9th. Hope you all got yours too!!!!

Congratulations.  That is such a good news. I hope the queue moves faster from here on. Excited to see some movement after months of silence. 

All the best for your interview. Please do share your interview experiences. @Froozion @SJP2023 and others who got the IL today

15 minutes ago, Froozion said:

I haven't changed any part of my file. The last NVC email I received on June 28, 2024 stated that I am documentarily complete at NVC and has been since 28-DEC-2022. Other than the email, which website will show my DQ date?

I am "EB-3 Skilled Workers" with priority date of July 26, 2021

6 minutes ago, jiquinones said:

I also received my IL this morning. 

Category EB1 and I was DQ' on May 15, 2023.

Wow that is amazing. Please do share your interview experiences. And all the things that need to be taken care of in this 1 month leading up to the interview. Congratulations.. all the best for your interview 

1 hour ago, Wincity said:

I haven't changed any part of my file. The last NVC email I received on June 28, 2024 stated that I am documentarily complete at NVC and has been since 28-DEC-2022. Other than the email, which website will show my DQ date?

I am "EB-3 Skilled Workers" with priority date of July 26, 2021

Then that's why you didn't get an IL in the April batch, your PD wasn't current!

Seems very odd that your lawyers haven't told you why you haven't had an interview, and why they reached out to NVC and the consulate when surely they knew that there was no visa available to you?

Your PD only became current last month.

Edited by appleblossom

2 minutes ago, appleblossom said:

Then that's why you didn't get an IL in the April batch, your PD didn't become current until last month! Surely your lawyers knew you weren't eligible for a visa/interview until July?

How did you determine that it was current only from last month?

Looking at visa bulletin, I have been current for a very long time. 

March E3 was 08SEP22

April, May, June E3 was 22NOV22

July and August E3 was 01DEC21

My priority date(26JUL21) is before all of these dates. My understanding is that I am current. This correct?

6 minutes ago, Wincity said:

How did you determine that it was current only from last month?

Looking at visa bulletin, I have been current for a very long time. 

March E3 was 08SEP22

April, May, June E3 was 22NOV22

July and August E3 was 01DEC21

My priority date(26JUL21) is before all of these dates. My understanding is that I am current. This correct?

Oh apologies, I totally misread your PD! Where were you born? And definitely EB-3 SW, not EB-3 OW? Might be worth starting your own thread as this is an EB-2 one.

8 minutes ago, appleblossom said:

Oh apologies, I totally misread your PD! Where were you born? And definitely EB-3 SW, not EB-3 OW? Might be worth starting your own thread as this is an EB-2 one.

Born in Canada and EB-3 SW.

I know that many EB-1 and EB-3 use this thread along with the Google spreadsheet for tracking/questions. Not sure if another thread would be needed.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.