Blueeyes1989

Montreal embassy EB-2 interview wait time-Part 2

2,506 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, canadian85 said:

Got my 60 days notice just now.. :(

What do you mean until next year? Do you mean January or do you mean October when USCIS get new quota?

Just that last year they only sent out invites until may. And then there were no invites until January. I'm concerned the same thing is going to happen again this year. 

36 minutes ago, OWO said:

What is this 60 days notice?

Once you are DQ'd and your visa is current, there is sometimes an automatic email that is sent out every 60 days. Saying that you are still in line. It doesn't really mean anything as it is automatically sent out by a computer system. I've heard of some people never getting them though (they still are in line and do get their interview)

5 hours ago, Froozion said:

Once you are DQ'd and your visa is current, there is sometimes an automatic email that is sent out every 60 days. Saying that you are still in line. It doesn't really mean anything as it is automatically sent out by a computer system. I've heard of some people never getting them though (they still are in line and do get their interview)

That's true, I am DQ'd as of December 2023 and current, but I never received any email. I am hoping I am still in line.

14 minutes ago, AnnaSalu said:

I just updated the tracker sheet with the stats from May 2024, which was a total of 192 visas in all EB categories. 

Thanks. The June should be out soon. And as we say no invited I'm sure we will be back to very low numbers for June July and August...

Let's hope September invites are coming next week!

16 hours ago, Froozion said:

Thanks. The June should be out soon. And as we say no invited I'm sure we will be back to very low numbers for June July and August...

Let's hope September invites are coming next week!

I thought someone mentioned on the forum that September invites are already out. Invites were sent out for other categories last week. Is that not correct?

8 hours ago, canadian85 said:

I thought someone mentioned on the forum that September invites are already out. Invites were sent out for other categories last week. Is that not correct?

Yes. Ir1 and cr1 have had their invites. Eb can be sent out on a separate day. Usually there is still hope until they update the website. Once they update the website that means they have completed sending out invites for the month... 

The hope is always very slim at this point. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
On 7/30/2024 at 12:30 PM, Froozion said:

Just that last year they only sent out invites until may. And then there were no invites until January. I'm concerned the same thing is going to happen again this year. 

New fiscal year starts on Oct. 1, so categories that have numerical limits start at complete availability again.  IR/CR category isn't numerically limited.  This plays into who's handed interview letters and who isn't.  

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

30 minutes ago, mam521 said:

New fiscal year starts on Oct. 1, so categories that have numerical limits start at complete availability again.  IR/CR category isn't numerically limited.  This plays into who's handed interview letters and who isn't.  

Yes but the new fiscal year starts in October first and yet there was still no invites until January. I dont believe it was due to fiscal limits. Especially as many people are are dq'd are current due to montreal being so backlogged. 

4 hours ago, mam521 said:

I have been on this thread for the past 19+ months  ... I could write a thesis on how much MTL has done it wrong . Words cannot describe my frustration at them and how much this has altered our course of life and career ...

But to add to what the poster above said in response, it is really not the IR/CR category numerical limitation thing... You look at the EB backlogs of pretty much all embassies out there, and it's just completely different.

MTL stands out uniquely in how it massively prioritized the IR/CR/F backlog and completely neglected EBs, which made everything so lopsided that EBs like myself, who are current (visa available), are still waiting after 19 months of being DQ'ed, while the IRs get invited after like 4 months (good for them btw, I think everyone should get treated like this)!!! 

So yeah ... Despite them having so many EB people in their backlog who are current and waiting for an interview for so long, they are just sitting and not inviting, or inviting so damn irregularly that you suddenly get invited with those who filed like 6-7 months after you! 

I would like to ask them one day, if they finally invite me, "why did you do this!?!?!?" Of course I don't expect a response, because there isn't any, other than sheer incompetence, negligence, and/or just simply showing no care at all for our category, the very category that has the most benefit to the national (esp. economic) interests of the US.

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
16 hours ago, EternalWait said:

I have been on this thread for the past 19+ months  ... I could write a thesis on how much MTL has done it wrong . Words cannot describe my frustration at them and how much this has altered our course of life and career ...

But to add to what the poster above said in response, it is really not the IR/CR category numerical limitation thing... You look at the EB backlogs of pretty much all embassies out there, and it's just completely different.

MTL stands out uniquely in how it massively prioritized the IR/CR/F backlog and completely neglected EBs, which made everything so lopsided that EBs like myself, who are current (visa available), are still waiting after 19 months of being DQ'ed, while the IRs get invited after like 4 months (good for them btw, I think everyone should get treated like this)!!! 

So yeah ... Despite them having so many EB people in their backlog who are current and waiting for an interview for so long, they are just sitting and not inviting, or inviting so damn irregularly that you suddenly get invited with those who filed like 6-7 months after you! 

I would like to ask them one day, if they finally invite me, "why did you do this!?!?!?" Of course I don't expect a response, because there isn't any, other than sheer incompetence, negligence, and/or just simply showing no care at all for our category, the very category that has the most benefit to the national (esp. economic) interests of the US.

I am in the same situation waiting since January 2023. Also agree that the EB category adds the most benefit to the US and it should be prioritized more. The next batch of ILs cannot come soon enough. I have a lot of employment opportunities but am only missing one thing - my green card!

Yeah, we are in the same boat and understand the frustration. We attempted an expedite this week on the grounds of financial hardship as we may lose our 6 figure job soon if we can not make it to the US soon. They denied it. However I have seen the IR1 and CR1 catogery have their expedites approved due to wanting to start a family and that they can't do that apart from their significant other. 

Completely infuriating as I know many people on here are also putting off having a family until they settle in the US and somehow the IR1 and CR1 always have priority. 

My mind is just baffled. I am just hoping so hard some letters come out this week. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.