Blueeyes1989

Montreal embassy EB-2 interview wait time-Part 2

2,506 posts in this topic

37 minutes ago, Froozion said:

I saw IR/CR September invites went out this morning. Still nothing for employment. Hoping ours come out this week also. 

I hope EB are also sent out. It has been months of silence for EB 

38 minutes ago, Froozion said:

I saw IR/CR September invites went out this morning. Still nothing for employment. Hoping ours come out this week also. 

Do EB and IR/CR come out on the same day or within the same week? What has been the trend?

14 minutes ago, canadian85 said:

I hope EB are also sent out. It has been months of silence for EB 

Do EB and IR/CR come out on the same day or within the same week? What has been the trend?

Not always the same day. But usually around the same time. So if EB are to get sept invites. It will be either this week or next. 

IR/CR have only been progressing about 7 days each month for the last 3 months (usually they progress a whole month). I think this is because family was the priority. (We saw this group progress from Aug- March last month) This month they have progressed 10 days. So I'm truly hoping that employment will be priority if IR and CR are still not seeing much advancements and family are now caught up to the IR/CR group

1 hour ago, Froozion said:

Not always the same day. But usually around the same time. So if EB are to get sept invites. It will be either this week or next. 

IR/CR have only been progressing about 7 days each month for the last 3 months (usually they progress a whole month). I think this is because family was the priority. (We saw this group progress from Aug- March last month) This month they have progressed 10 days. So I'm truly hoping that employment will be priority if IR and CR are still not seeing much advancements and family are now caught up to the IR/CR group

Where did you get the information about IR/CR letters going out?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

Please do not post Whatsapp links publicly.

Thanks

-VJ Moderation Team

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

On 7/23/2024 at 9:34 AM, Froozion said:

Any updates for anyone in EB category?

22 hours ago, canadian85 said:

Ok I havent got my 60 day notice email yet. But i have mostly got it one or two days after it is reported on VJ.  

Nothing yet. 

I have a question - It has been more than 1 year after I was DQed. Is there anything I need to ensure now when I get the interview call?  Like Fee repayment or getting the PCCs again? 

25 minutes ago, canadian85 said:

Nothing yet. 

I have a question - It has been more than 1 year after I was DQed. Is there anything I need to ensure now when I get the interview call?  Like Fee repayment or getting the PCCs again? 

Nvc website says police reports are valid for 2 years. Montreal says only 1.... I recently emailed them to try get some official conformation if it's 1 or 2 years. We got ours in Feb 2023....

I think we will likely reorder a new one when we get the interview date. But as there is a possibility they aren't going to invite anyone until next year we haven't ordered it as we don't want it to expire also. 

And no. There is no extra payment I believe. Just the payment for the medical exam. 

1 hour ago, Froozion said:

Nvc website says police reports are valid for 2 years. Montreal says only 1.... I recently emailed them to try get some official conformation if it's 1 or 2 years. We got ours in Feb 2023....

I think we will likely reorder a new one when we get the interview date. But as there is a possibility they aren't going to invite anyone until next year we haven't ordered it as we don't want it to expire also. 

And no. There is no extra payment I believe. Just the payment for the medical exam. 

Got my 60 days notice just now.. :(

What do you mean until next year? Do you mean January or do you mean October when USCIS get new quota?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.