Blueeyes1989

Montreal embassy EB-2 interview wait time-Part 2

2,506 posts in this topic

30 minutes ago, JBG123 said:

FWIW my ceac status has now changed from “At NVC” to “Issued”. Does this mean the IL is on the way? 

Strange. That's usually for when the visa is issued. I have heard that status changes before letters go out, maybe yours got changed to something else by accident. You can probably expect an IL soon in my opinion. What's your DQ date?

22 minutes ago, AJSin1 said:

Strange. That's usually for when the visa is issued. I have heard that status changes before letters go out, maybe yours got changed to something else by accident. You can probably expect an IL soon in my opinion. What's your DQ date?

DQ date is May 9, 2023

3 hours ago, JBG123 said:

FWIW my ceac status has now changed from “At NVC” to “Issued”. Does this mean the IL is on the way? 

I think the way it works is that they make a list of who is going to get an interview. It changes in the system and often will change in ceac early. Then all interview letters get emailed out through the night. I think its either 1am or 2am. (I presume different because of timezones). So likely they have input your case to get an email sent out! Hopefully you wake up to good news tomorrow morning! Anyone else's ceac change?

Posted (edited)

UPDATE:

https://ca.usembassy.gov/embassy-consulates/consular-operations-updates/

How long will it take to schedule my immigrant visa appointment?   

• The U.S. Consulate General in Montreal is actively scheduling new immigrant visa cases in all categories, including Immediate Relative, fiancé(e)s, Family Preference, and Employment. Wait times for all Family Preferenceand Employment categories continue to be lengthy due to substantial backlogs.
  • It is not possible to provide precise wait times for immigrant visa appointments, as facilities, staffing resources, and local conditions all affect capacity and scheduling.
  • As of June 6, 2024, most Immediate Relative and fiancé(e) visa cases being scheduled for interview in Montreal were documentarily complete at the National Visa Center in March 2024; most Family Preference cases with visa numbers available that are being scheduled for interview were documentarily qualified in August 2023; and most Employment cases scheduled for interview were documentarily complete in January 2023.
Edited by Aaron_

55 minutes ago, Aaron_ said:

UPDATE:

• The U.S. Consulate General in Montreal is actively scheduling new immigrant visa cases in all categories, including Immediate Relative, fiancé(e)s, Family Preference, and Employment. Wait times for all Family Preferenceand Employment categories continue to be lengthy due to substantial backlogs.
  • It is not possible to provide precise wait times for immigrant visa appointments, as facilities, staffing resources, and local conditions all affect capacity and scheduling.
  • As of June 6, 2024, most Immediate Relative and fiancé(e) visa cases being scheduled for interview in Montreal were documentarily complete at the National Visa Center in March 2024; most Family Preference cases with visa numbers available that are being scheduled for interview were documentarily qualified in August 2023; and most Employment cases scheduled for interview were documentarily complete in January 2023.

Good to see they've added that section back for transparency. Although it looks like there's been no progress on the EB interview wait times. 

2 minutes ago, AJSin1 said:

Good to see they've added that section back for transparency. Although it looks like there's been no progress on the EB interview wait times. 

I imagine we will see some sort of movement over the next week or two. Them putting this information back on is some sort of indication that they are at least not falling behind where they were. It's not exactly a commitment to progress but it's positive communication nevertheless.

4 hours ago, Aaron_ said:

UPDATE:

They family and IR have been given interviews up to Feb 22. Nobody in march has received letters yet according to reddit. Sadly it looks like they aren't going to make any eb progress this month if they are still reporting Jan. Really rough. I guess we will see tomorrow/ Monday who gets an invite. 

22 minutes ago, canadian85 said:

That is great that they put the section back again on their website.. any guesses how many months they may be able to move in the next round of invites? I am Aug 2023 DQ in EB1. What kind of wait time should I expect from now onwards? 

Honestly we have no idea. In March they moved 7 months. And haven't done anything for the last 2 months. 

But last year they made 13 months progress in May. Then never invited anyone else until January. So could be 1 month. Could be 1 year. Montreal are completely unpredictable 

12 hours ago, Froozion said:

Honestly we have no idea. In March they moved 7 months. And haven't done anything for the last 2 months. 

But last year they made 13 months progress in May. Then never invited anyone else until January. So could be 1 month. Could be 1 year. Montreal are completely unpredictable 

Thanks. I hope they make some good progress soon. It has been a super long journey for some of us. 

1 hour ago, JBG123 said:

Thought we would have seen the ILs by now, family preference have been receiving them according to other groups

I dont think employment are going to get this month as they updated the website with Jan 23 and that was the same as 2 months ago. The other groups had progression of their months in that update. IR went from Feb 24 to March 24, and they are the group that got interview letters this morning. 

It seems they are so backlogged with ds 5535 that EB has been put on hold again. Let's hope it's not until January 2025 like what happened last year. 

4 hours ago, Froozion said:

I dont think employment are going to get this month as they updated the website with Jan 23 and that was the same as 2 months ago. The other groups had progression of their months in that update. IR went from Feb 24 to March 24, and they are the group that got interview letters this morning. 

It seems they are so backlogged with ds 5535 that EB has been put on hold again. Let's hope it's not until January 2025 like what happened last year. 

If we are following any sense of logic, I’m anticipating @Wincity to get their letter next, out of all active EB forum folks. 

So, I’m rooting for Wincity.

That said, I’m chatting with my lawyers tomorrow and will share our (the forum’s) observations of what happened last year vs what’s happening now. 

I’ll see if they can advise on any action….

47 minutes ago, AndrewsN said:

If we are following any sense of logic, I’m anticipating @Wincity to get their letter next, out of all active EB forum folks. 

So, I’m rooting for Wincity.

That said, I’m chatting with my lawyers tomorrow and will share our (the forum’s) observations of what happened last year vs what’s happening now. 

I’ll see if they can advise on any action….

Thanks @AndrewsN

I'm extremely anxious but positive that I will be next to receive IL. Will let this forum know immediately when it happens.

Fingers crossed...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.