Blueeyes1989

Montreal embassy EB-2 interview wait time-Part 2

2,506 posts in this topic

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
  • Canadian Citizen
  • Applied as a 10+ Year Truck Driver (currently working for a Canadian Company doing long-haul runs to the USA weekly.)
  • Canadian Born Wife and 2 Canadian Born Children (Ages 8 and 5)
  • EB-2 OTHER WORKER application documentarily complete on June 19, 2021
  • Waiting for the Montreal Consulate Interview
  • The status shows "At NVC"

The newest Consular Update showing Oct 2020 Priority Dates being processed for OTHER WORKERS.

Is this correct? Am I still 8+ months away based on the current status of the Montreal Consulate?

3+ years - Losing Hope.  Any assistance or insight would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

***CORRECTION TO PREVIOUS POST***

• EB-2 OTHER WORKER
  • Priority Date: June 2021
  • DQ: July 2022
  • Canadian Citizen
  • Waiting for the Montreal Consulate Interview
  • The status shows "At NVC"
  • Applied as a 10+ Year Long-Haul Truck Driver
  • Canadian Born with Wife and 2 Children (Ages 8 and 5) - All Canadian Citizens

The newest Consular Update showing Oct 2020 Priority Dates being processed for OTHER WORKERS.

Is this correct? Am I still 8+ months away based on the current status of the Montreal Consulate?

3+ years - Losing Hope.  Any assistance or insight would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 5/14/2024 at 6:29 PM, AnnaSalu said:

Hi @Matt77 I see they put you in AP - can you please let us know the reason? Is it progressing? Thanks. 

@AnnaSalu

Hi 

Yes, that is correct. The officer handed us two forms (221g), and requested our travel history since 15 years ago. On the form, there is a link to an office online form that the applicants should fill out their travel history and other questions. I don't know why!

I am the applicant and petitioner. The officer asked my wife to provide her degrees, CV, etc. We submitted the forms two days after our interview and the documents were delivered on Feb 29 to the consulate. Based on the forms, we should have heard back 6 to 8 weeks after receipt of the documents, means by late April; however, I have not heard back anything yet.

Posted (edited)
On 5/25/2024 at 10:39 PM, Matt77 said:

@AnnaSalu

Hi 

Yes, that is correct. The officer handed us two forms (221g), and requested our travel history since 15 years ago. On the form, there is a link to an office online form that the applicants should fill out their travel history and other questions. I don't know why!

I am the applicant and petitioner. The officer asked my wife to provide her degrees, CV, etc. We submitted the forms two days after our interview and the documents were delivered on Feb 29 to the consulate. Based on the forms, we should have heard back 6 to 8 weeks after receipt of the documents, means by late April; however, I have not heard back anything yet.

You may check following forum to get estimates of AP processing time with DS-5535 + Resume. There is a backlog of 61000 still awaiting clearance

There is a wait time of around few months to more than a year for AP clearance contrary to what CO told you (best case scenario) during the interview. It is not in their control because AP is done in DC.

Edited by Leo The Great

Is it ok to travel to the US while waiting for the IL in EB  for tourist purposes, visiting family and friends for a couple of weeks. Would it cause any confusion or delays or result in AP after the interview? Want to play it safe having waited for so long. If there is any risk, I would want to avoid any optional avoidable travel. 

What is the experience others in the forum have shared regarding traveling to US while waiting for IL? 

5 minutes ago, canadian85 said:

Is it ok to travel to the US while waiting for the IL in EB  for tourist purposes, visiting family and friends for a couple of weeks. Would it cause any confusion or delays or result in AP after the interview? Want to play it safe having waited for so long. If there is any risk, I would want to avoid any optional avoidable travel. 

What is the experience others in the forum have shared regarding traveling to US while waiting for IL? 

I'm still waiting for my interview and I've been to the US many times after being DQ'd. I even got my Nexus card approved this week. 

Never had any questions asked about my green card application. Just be honest if they ever ask.

11 minutes ago, AJSin1 said:

I'm still waiting for my interview and I've been to the US many times after being DQ'd. I even got my Nexus card approved this week. 

Never had any questions asked about my green card application. Just be honest if they ever ask.

Thanks for your response. anyone who has done this and has been through the interview process.? If they can share if traveling to US caused any issues during the interview or put them in AP because of these travelsm

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, canadian85 said:

Thanks for your response. anyone who has done this and has been through the interview process.? If they can share if traveling to US caused any issues during the interview or put them in AP because of these travelsm

No issues at all. I have travelled to the US over 50 times since and so has my wife. She was once asked about her pending visa and answered in full without any problems.

1 minute ago, Texasbound1 said:

No issues at all. I have travelled to the US over 50 times since and so has my wife. She was once asked about her pending visa and answered in full without any problems.

Thanks . Thats great. I meant the GC interview - when we do get the Interview letter and appear for the GC interview- would traveling to US cause any issues and get us placed in Admin processing or any delays in issuing of GC?

Would anyone know..after I finally got the immigrant visa, I am planning on wrapping up all financials and house in canada before I officially enter the US on immigrant visa. However because my TN is still valid is it possible to enter US on TN. I have some work related travel which I am delaying but I am still not ready to wrap up canada. 

On 5/25/2024 at 10:39 PM, Matt77 said:

@AnnaSalu

Hi 

Thanks for sharing and sorry to hear about the delay. Hope it comes to a conclusion soon!

25 minutes ago, TheMaverick said:

Would anyone know..after I finally got the immigrant visa, I am planning on wrapping up all financials and house in canada before I officially enter the US on immigrant visa. However because my TN is still valid is it possible to enter US on TN. I have some work related travel which I am delaying but I am still not ready to wrap up canada. 

You can enter on the immigrant green card and then exit on the same day and cross back over whenever and as many times as you need. Many people cross to 'activate' it. Then immediately return to canada as they have loose ends to tie up. I believe the first crossing can take a bit longer with border patrol. So they don't want to do it with pets etc. 

You will then be able to freely travel over the border and it will start the official green card and SSN process of being sent out. It can take 90 days. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.