Blueeyes1989

Montreal embassy EB-2 interview wait time-Part 2

2,263 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, ImanRS said:

Hello guys,

My DQ date s December 2022. Please let me know your comments whether it is good to transfer my case to another country or it would be better to wait to receive news from Montreal???!

If you can transfer I believe it's best! Montreal have made very little progress and nobody has received interview letters since may. 

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 11/19/2023 at 10:50 AM, immishok said:

This is not a legal advice but : one thing you could try is to make an expedite request, which sometimes gets forwarded to the embassy/consulate. Mention how the timeline in their own website indicates that they are well past your DQ date, but you haven't been invited yet. Mention that this completely violates their own 'first-dq'ed ---> first-invited' stated policy. and add to that any document you have regarding job/opportunity loss.

Thanks a lot, great smart advice, will definitely do!

Timeline
On 11/22/2023 at 9:08 AM, ImanRS said:

Hello guys,

My DQ date s December 2022. Please let me know your comments whether it is good to transfer my case to another country or it would be better to wait to receive news from Montreal???!

If I were you, without a doubt, I would transfer my case to the other country as Montreal consulate is one of the worst. Before make a request for transfer, research and educate yourself about the waiting time, etc. of that consulate.

Hello everyone,

Can someone please clarify whether your priority date has an impact on when you get your interview or not? I understand that your priority date has to be current, but if your priority date was in Aug/2021 and DQ'd on Oct 2023, would that expedite interview scheduling or it doesn't have any impact?

I have seen both views expressed here and elsewhere and I can't figure out which one is correct.

Much appreciated!

Michael

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
19 minutes ago, MikeS2024 said:

Hello everyone,

Can someone please clarify whether your priority date has an impact on when you get your interview or not? I understand that your priority date has to be current, but if your priority date was in Aug/2021 and DQ'd on Oct 2023, would that expedite interview scheduling or it doesn't have any impact?

I have seen both views expressed here and elsewhere and I can't figure out which one is correct.

Much appreciated!

Michael

Interviews are scheduled based on DQ date. 

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
On 11/27/2023 at 8:38 AM, MikeS2024 said:

Hello everyone,

Much appreciated!

Michael

There will be a certain number of interview slots awarded for people who DQ'd on a certain date.  Typically, the Priority Dates are then used for prioritizing the order of the interviews for the specified DQ date.

Does it make that big of a difference?  Probably not.  It's likely the difference between an 8am interview and an 11am interview.    

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

October Stats are out and as usual are very disappointing for Employment category. The only thing I can assume is October invites must have been sent out at least 60 days prior(probably Mid July) and many E categories retrogressed towards the July-September bulletin. Nevertheless the stats are super disappointing.

image.png.6ef2b8fef1e8541176b6dbe9e8094aa6.png

• It is not possible to provide precise wait times for immigrant visa appointments, as facilities, staffing resources, and local conditions all affect capacity and scheduling.  As of December 5, 2023, most Immediate Relative and fiancé(e) visa cases being scheduled for interview in Montreal were documentarily complete at the National Visa Center in September 2023; most Family Preference cases with visa numbers available that are being scheduled for interview were documentarily qualified in March 2023; and most Employment cases scheduled for interview were documentarily complete in April 2022.

No progress. No surprise. 

Although concerning that family preference is falling so far behind now too. No doubt they will catch that category up before looking at employment....

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

***Hijack post split to a new topic***

- VJ Moderation

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

10 minutes ago, AJSin1 said:

Just curious, does the visa bulletin have anything to do with the interview waiting 

You need to be current for montreal to offer you an interview. If you priority date is not current there are no visas available for you. 

1st step is to become current in the visa bulletin. 

2nd step is for montreal to offer you an interview based on the dq date. 

Timeline

January visa bulletin looks promising, if they don't get retrofitted again in the next few months though LOL

Do we have a rough estimate of the time gap from becoming current and the first batch of interview invites?

Edited by Coco_2023

2 minutes ago, Coco_2023 said:

January visa bulletin looks promising, if they don't get retrofitted again in the next few months though LOL

Do we have a rough estimate of the time gap from becoming current and the first batch of interview invites?

Montreal have been so behind that they have never really been close to what is happening on the visa bulletin. 

Our priority date is Aug 2022. (Just became current as its now Nov 2022). 

We were dq'd March 2023 and Montreal are currently interviewing dq's from April 2022. 

Going off their average of processing 2 months for employment our expectation is another 6 months for an interview invite. 8 months until the interview. But also really hoping the make bigger leaps in processing the backlog. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.