Blueeyes1989

Montreal embassy EB-2 interview wait time-Part 2

2,674 posts in this topic

On 9/27/2023 at 11:02 AM, Froozion said:

We have never had the 60 day emails... should we be concerned or just assume further incompetence from montreal?

That email would come from NVC, nothing to do with the consulate. 

HTH.

1 hour ago, AnnaSalu said:

Joining this list of folks who are waiting for Montreal! I just mailed my documents to NVC. How long should I expect f

To get DQ'd? And yes, I know after getting DQ'd I should waaaaiiittt for interview.

Pretty quick - https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/nvc-timeframes.html/

HTH.

On 9/5/2023 at 11:14 AM, Froozion said:
  • It is not possible to provide precise wait times for immigrant visa appointments, as facilities, staffing resources, and local conditions all affect capacity and scheduling.  As of September 05, 2023, most Immediate Relative and fiancé(e) visa cases being scheduled for interview in Montreal were documentarily complete at the National Visa Center in June 2023; most Family Preference cases with visa numbers available that are being scheduled for interview were documentarily qualified in March 2023; and most Employment cases scheduled for interview were documentarily complete in April 2022.

Finally some official progress January 2021- April 2022!

• It is not possible to provide precise wait times for immigrant visa appointments, as facilities, staffing resources, and local conditions all affect capacity and scheduling.  As of September 29, 2023, most Immediate Relative and fiancé(e) visa cases being scheduled for interview in Montreal were documentarily complete at the National Visa Center in June 2023; most Family Preference cases with visa numbers available that are being scheduled for interview were documentarily qualified in April 2021; and most Employment cases scheduled for interview were documentarily complete in January 2021.

Ah. Montreal have went backwards. I'm really hoping this was a copy paste error and not that they were getting our hopes up that they had actually made some progress. 

23 hours ago, Froozion said:
  • It is not possible to provide precise wait times for immigrant visa appointments, as facilities, staffing resources, and local conditions all affect capacity and scheduling.  As of September 29, 2023, most Immediate Relative and fiancé(e) visa cases being scheduled for interview in Montreal were documentarily complete at the National Visa Center in June 2023; most Family Preference cases with visa numbers available that are being scheduled for interview were documentarily qualified in April 2021; and most Employment cases scheduled for interview were documentarily complete in January 2021.

Ah. Montreal have went backwards. I'm really hoping this was a copy paste error and not that they were getting our hopes up that they had actually made some progress. 

Just noticed the same thing! It should be a copy and paste error, how could they go back from April 2022 to January 2021?? Honestly, this shows you cannot trust what goes in those updates that much! 

Filed: Timeline

Guys, I had missed my appointment back in 2022. I created a portal login last month and registered the missed appointment and sent a request to reschedule. My question is system never asked me to enter my dependents. Do I add each dependent as a new applicant under my portal account and send a reschedule request for each new applicant. We all have same case number.

7 hours ago, adnan512 said:

Guys, I had missed my appointment back in 2022. I created a portal login last month and registered the missed appointment and sent a request to reschedule. My question is system never asked me to enter my dependents. Do I add each dependent as a new applicant under my portal account and send a reschedule request for each new applicant. We all have same case number.

What did you do the first time, when you registered for the first appointment? It should not be different than that.

Can anyone post a sample of a recent Interview Letter? My question is what is in it? Does NVC specify the date and time of the appointment that they have booked for you with the consulate?

And how far in the future do they book the interviews? I see the average time it took for ILs to go out after DQ is around 55 days and the average interview date after DQ is around 600 days. Does this mean that your Interview Letter points to your interview date in almost 1.5 years from the time you receive your IL?

What did your IL say in terms of the date they booked your appointment? I am trying to find out when I would be able to know my interview date.

Thanks! 

15 hours ago, AnnaSalu said:

Can anyone post a sample of a recent Interview Letter? My question is what is in it? Does NVC specify the date and time of the appointment that they have booked for you with the consulate?

And how far in the future do they book the interviews? I see the average time it took for ILs to go out after DQ is around 55 days and the average interview date after DQ is around 600 days. Does this mean that your Interview Letter points to your interview date in almost 1.5 years from the time you receive your IL?

What did your IL say in terms of the date they booked your appointment? I am trying to find out when I would be able to know my interview date.

Thanks! 

Does NVC specify the date and time of the appointment that they have booked for you with the consulate? The letter specifies the date and the time for your interview and tells you everything you must bring for the interview.

And how far in the future do they book the interviews? We got DQ on June 10, 2021. We got our letter on May 19, 2023 and the interview date was on July 27, 2023.

And how far in the future do they book the interviews? I see the average time it took for ILs to go out after DQ is around 55 days and the average interview date after DQ is around 600 days. Does this mean that your Interview Letter points to your interview date in almost 1.5 years from the time you receive your IL? You got this inversed. Once you DQed, the average waiting time before you get your IL is around 600 days, and after your IL, the waiting time is around 60 days.

What did your IL say in terms of the date they booked your appointment? I am trying to find out when I would be able to know my interview date. Unless thing dramatically changes with the Montreal consulate, you won't get your IL until late 2024 or early 2025. I really hope for you that thing changes but looking at everything, I really doubt it. Sorry for bringing some bad news.

22 minutes ago, DrJh07 said:

Does NVC specify the date and time of the appointment that they have booked for you with the consulate? The letter specifies the date and the time for your interview and tells you everything you must bring for the interview.

And how far in the future do they book the interviews? We got DQ on June 10, 2021. We got our letter on May 19, 2023 and the interview date was on July 27, 2023.

And how far in the future do they book the interviews? I see the average time it took for ILs to go out after DQ is around 55 days and the average interview date after DQ is around 600 days. Does this mean that your Interview Letter points to your interview date in almost 1.5 years from the time you receive your IL? You got this inversed. Once you DQed, the average waiting time before you get your IL is around 600 days, and after your IL, the waiting time is around 60 days.

What did your IL say in terms of the date they booked your appointment? I am trying to find out when I would be able to know my interview date. Unless thing dramatically changes with the Montreal consulate, you won't get your IL until late 2024 or early 2025. I really hope for you that thing changes but looking at everything, I really doubt it. Sorry for bringing some bad news.

This is super helpful! Thank you - just adjusting my expectations. Hopefully things get better with Montreal.

40 minutes ago, AnnaSalu said:

This is super helpful! Thank you - just adjusting my expectations. Hopefully things get better with Montreal.

Please hope for the worst possible outcome(say 2 years) , then if it gets done in 1.5 years you will be happy. Sorry for the negative comment, but Montreal is the worst of the worst of the worst. I have lost all hope. If you have any option of moving out of Montreal to any other VO, just do it. So I am DQ May 2022 and I am not expecting IL anytime soon

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.