Blueeyes1989

Montreal embassy EB-2 interview wait time-Part 2

2,887 posts in this topic

Filed: EB-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
20 minutes ago, AndrewsN said:

Hi there,

Just checking in with you. Have you received any updates on your CEAC? 

I'm still in the same boat...I sent a follow up email again 2 days ago and everything has been silent. No correspondence, no case update, no change.

Hi

You are not the only one. I had my interview on March 18 2024.  My husband didn't have his police clearance so we were given 221g and I am in eb1a multinational manager visa category.  We were asked to send our passport and the clearance together. We finally recieved it in july and sent it on July 12 which they recieved on July 15th. We have being in administrative processing since then. My husband business has stalled because they have our passport.  Very frustrated.  Keep praying and fasting for a miracle. I don't know how long I will stay on administrative processing.  Any encouragement please 

2 minutes ago, FaithinChrist said:

Hi

You are not the only one. I had my interview on March 18 2024.  My husband didn't have his police clearance so we were given 221g and I am in eb1a multinational manager visa category.  We were asked to send our passport and the clearance together. We finally recieved it in july and sent it on July 12 which they recieved on July 15th. We have being in administrative processing since then. My husband business has stalled because they have our passport.  Very frustrated.  Keep praying and fasting for a miracle. I don't know how long I will stay on administrative processing.  Any encouragement please 

So, your 221g stated that you didn't have police clearance? This was stated in an email and letter?

I wasn't told of any missing documents or any reason for that matter.

The only reason mine got held up (as far as I know at this stage) is due to visa allotment to the fiscal year.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, AndrewsN said:

So, your 221g stated that you didn't have police clearance? This was stated in an email and letter?

The only reason mine got held up (as far as I know at this stage) is due to visa allotment to the fiscal year.

Yes the 221g form stated to submit our passports and my husband's clearance.  But they recieved it since July 15 , they responded to my email stating they recieved it. But nothing since then

Just silence. 

Did you email them? I sent several emails on October 1st too now they have more visa available  no response from them

Timeline
6 minutes ago, AndrewsN said:

Also you can see some people who had their interviews like you in September got their visas. Making me more confused and frustrated 

Timeline
9 minutes ago, AndrewsN said:

Sorry I didn't clarify. It was handed to me during the interview.  Also the visa officer said it's approved but I cannot grant you the visa today because of the clearance so once you get it send it with your passport and it will be approved.  Plus the letter stated 4- 8 weeks processing. It's being 13 weeks

Edited by FaithinChrist

6 minutes ago, FaithinChrist said:

Sorry I didn't clarify. It was handed to me during the interview.  Also the visa officer said it's approved but I cannot grant you the visa today because of the clearance so once you get it send it with your passport and it will be approved.  Plus the letter stated 4- 8 weeks processing. It's being 13 weeks

I see. 

I'm sorry to hear that. Genuinely that's really frustrating. Your case is a bit different from mine. I was never handed a 221g in person. I had all my documents.

I was sent a notice 5 business days after my approved interview with a 221g attached. But that 221g simply stated in bold that they must wait until October 1st to process this further. No further documents were required, no further instructions were provided to me.

I got an email back from them this Monday indicating that my "case was pending review by a consular officer". That's it. On that note, I did find this forum where one attorney broke down the legal lingo. I don't know if this will be of help to you at all...but here

https://www.avvo.com/legal-answers/what-does-it-mean-by-case-pending-the-review-by-a--6036617.html#:~:text=In summary%2C your case being,further instructions from the consulate. 

Maybe it will help you dissect that email you received once they confirmed receipt of your documents.

Edited by AndrewsN

Timeline
59 minutes ago, AndrewsN said:

I see. 

I'm sorry to hear that. Genuinely that's really frustrating. Your case is a bit different from mine. I was never handed a 221g in person. I had all my documents.

I was sent a notice 5 business days after my approved interview with a 221g attached. But that 221g simply stated in bold that they must wait until October 1st to process this further. No further documents were required, no further instructions were provided to me.

I got an email back from them this Monday indicating that my "case was pending review by a consular officer". That's it. On that note, I did find this forum where one attorney broke down the legal lingo. I don't know if this will be of help to you at all...but here

https://www.avvo.com/legal-answers/what-does-it-mean-by-case-pending-the-review-by-a--6036617.html#:~:text=In summary%2C your case being,further instructions from the consulate. 

Maybe it will help you dissect that email you received once they confirmed receipt of your documents.

Thank you for that clarification.  I wish you best of luck. It's just a matter of time for you 

1 minute ago, FaithinChrist said:

Thank you for that clarification.  I wish you best of luck. It's just a matter of time for you 

We can only hope haha. 

I trust that you and your family will get through this soon as well! Being given timelines only to be held back additional months is absolutely soul crushing. Wishing you all the luck in the world with your case :) Keep the forum posted. I'm sure these posts help future applicants going through similar situations.

6 minutes ago, Canadian K said:

It mentioned same to me too, but when you call the shoppers to make an appointment or for availability, they gonna give an answer yes or no. 

Thanks. Will try to see if I can get it anywhere.

What did others do - those who already got approved? Any inputs on the covid vaccine scenario. 

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello group, I have a question about the criminal record document that we need to bring to the interview. They ask that people over 16 years old have to present this document, but here in Canada they only issue this record to people over 18 years old. Has anyone already done the interview and been asked about this?

Timeline
2 hours ago, Marcelo Terra 33 said:

Hello group, I have a question about the criminal record document that we need to bring to the interview. They ask that people over 16 years old have to present this document, but here in Canada they only issue this record to people over 18 years old. Has anyone already done the interview and been asked about this?

From what my visa officer told me , if you moved to Canada before the age of 18 you do not need criminal record check from your birth country. But as long as you are above the age of 18 in Canada you need a clearance 

5 hours ago, AnnaSalu said:

So, the consular updates page is down?

image.thumb.png.cf5f9fd703748e42b5d472107309900c.png

Is it back up?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Police Certificates

If you are 16 years of age or older, you must obtain a photocopy of a police certificate from all countries you have lived in using below criteria:

If you ... AND you... THEN submit a police certificate from...
Are 16 years old or older Lived in your country of nationality for more than 6 months at any time in your life Your country of nationality
Are 16 years old or older Have lived in your country of current residence (if different from nationality) for more than 6 months Your country of current residence
Have ever lived in another country for 12 months or more Were 16 years or older at the time you lived there The country where you used to live.
Were arrested for any reason, regardless of how long you lived in that city or country, and no matter what age you were   The city and/or country where you were arrested.

Note: Present and former residents of the United States do NOT need to submit any U.S. police certificates.

Important: Police certificates expire after two years, unless the certificate was issued from your country of previous residence and you have not returned there since the police certificate was issued.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.