Blueeyes1989

Montreal embassy EB-2 interview wait time-Part 2

2,887 posts in this topic

Hi all, 

I am still waiting to receive the IL, perhaps in the next batch or two. Wondering about where you would see the status updates / changes. When I log into CEAC, this is the page I see. Would I see the changes (e.g., Ready, Approved, Refused, etc.) on this page? Or should I look elsewhere?

image.png.58ff53a6f1864081cd2cd7d38d14dd87.png

image.png.41303cf253aff592f825ce58d7ea53e3.png

7 minutes ago, AnnaSalu said:

Hi all, 

I am still waiting to receive the IL, perhaps in the next batch or two. Wondering about where you would see the status updates / changes. When I log into CEAC, this is the page I see. Would I see the changes (e.g., Ready, Approved, Refused, etc.) on this page? Or should I look elsewhere?

check on https://ceac.state.gov/ceacstattracker/status.aspx 

7 minutes ago, AnnaSalu said:

Hi all, 

Top right. Your case is currently at : nvc

That can change to ready, issued, refused. Depending what stage you are at. It will stay 'at nvc' until you get your interview letter

16 hours ago, AA-H said:

Our visa is actually less than 6 months: issued 10-07-2024 and expiring 02-22-2025. I think the six months is from the medical exam.

Here is my story today:

After receiving a notice this morning that our passports had arrived at a Toronto postal office, I picked up a large package with our passports, small envelopes for each family member, and two big ones for myself. I arrived at the Niagara border crossing around 4:30 PM. The border officer took our passports and asked us to park and head to a nearby building.

There were a few people ahead of us, but it took less than 20 minutes before an officer called us inside and collect our package. After about five minutes, we were asked to go to his desk for pictures and fingerprints. About 15 minutes later, he returned our passports with a stamp next to the visas printed in Montreal, explaining that this is our temporary green card that is valid for one year and it can be used to work and travel internationally until the actual card arrives.

There were no major questions, just confirming our U.S. address and the type of visa I have. After that, I drove back to Toronto, looking forward to returning home this weekend to resume my work in the U.S after more than a month . Good luck to everyone!!

Congratulations!! Were you asked to show x-ray report or images?

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
5 hours ago, rzchen said:

Congratulations!! Were you asked to show x-ray report or images?

No, because there were no issues during my medical exam. By the way, I have a history of latent TB, but the radiologist approved my X-ray.

9 hours ago, canadian85 said:

What did everyone do about the covid vaccine. It is still not available in Ontario. 

I remember someone mentioned that it will be marked not applicable by the panel doctor. 

Could that be an issue? Is there anyone who has not got the covid vaccine in last 12 months and got approved without any issues? 

Hi, Ontario is available COVID vaccine now but not all the clinics. 

I got the shot last week in Shoppers, Toronto. there are some lists where are available.

We did travel to USA today by flight. The immigration process at Toronto Pearson airport was very smooth. We gave (my daughter and myself) gave closed envelope and our passports. Officer took our photos and finger prints and took us to the secondary room, where we had to wait like 15/20 minutes, same officer called us and confirmed the address where we want to receive the green card. Asked my daughter how old is she ( she is 22) and then stamped our passports  and told us the Visa is valid for 1 year and we can travel to and thro' how many times we want until it expires and then send us our way. Whole process was very smooth. Officer was very polite. 

Thank you every one for supporting here !! and good luck to all who are waiting !!  

Filed: E-2 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
18 minutes ago, rchak said:

We did travel to USA today by flight. The immigration process at Toronto Pearson airport was very smooth. We gave (my daughter and myself) gave closed envelope and our passports. Officer took our photos and finger prints and took us to the secondary room, where we had to wait like 15/20 minutes, same officer called us and confirmed the address where we want to receive the green card. Asked my daughter how old is she ( she is 22) and then stamped our passports  and told us the Visa is valid for 1 year and we can travel to and thro' how many times we want until it expires and then send us our way. Whole process was very smooth. Officer was very polite. 

Thank you every one for supporting here !! and good luck to all who are waiting !!  

Congrats!

On 10/7/2024 at 8:46 AM, SJP2023 said:

My status still shows "Refused". I had my interview on September 13th. Should I send an email to the consulate?

Hi there,

Just checking in with you. Have you received any updates on your CEAC? 

I'm still in the same boat...I sent a follow up email again 2 days ago and everything has been silent. No correspondence, no case update, no change.

6 hours ago, Canadian K said:

Hi, Ontario is available COVID vaccine now but not all the clinics. 

I got the shot last week in Shoppers, Toronto. there are some lists where are available.

The shoppers at my location told me it is available only for 65+ right now.  And Oct 28 is when they will open for all other age groups.

Same is mentioned here 

https://www.ontario.ca/vaccine-locations/

Edited by canadian85

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.