Blueeyes1989

Montreal embassy EB-2 interview wait time-Part 2

2,728 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, appleblossom said:

Have you not been using that the whole way through and checking it incessantly?!? Just the rest of us then. 😂

It may not change today as they'll have a huge number to get through now the FY has reset, but hopefully soon. It'll change to 'issued' when it's actually been printed and put in your passport, and then you'll know it'll be on its way soon. 

Good luck. 

Thank you so much, good luck to all who are waiting !!

Question - I have a remote friendly job here in Canada. Once I move to the States after receiving the green card, is it possible to work my Canadian job down there for a couple of months while I search for a new job locally? I'm not sure how the tax situation works once you enter the US as a green card resident.

Edited by AJSin1

6 minutes ago, datafate said:

I have a quick question - I need to update my passport information. I didn't do it during the NVC fearing It might reset my DQ date. Now that I have the IL - do you know how I can go about it ?

You can just change that on the day. The first window you go to is to check and update your documents, addresses etc. If you still have your old passport I would bring it also. But I don't imagine they would need it. 

4 minutes ago, AJSin1 said:

Question - I have a remote friendly job here in Canada. Once I move to the States after receiving the green card, is it possible to work my Canadian job down there for a couple of months while I search for a new job locally? I'm not sure how the tax situation works once you enter the US as a green card resident.

You can work in a Canadian company. However you will have to pay taxes in America as you are an American resident, it can get quite complicated. You also won't have healthcare etc. So worth considering 

Does anyone have any insights regarding the letter from employer? Does it need to be signed by hand or electronically will suffice?

I am working for an American company from Canada, so thinking does it need to state that my employer will transfer me to US once I get the GC?

There're no specific requirements listed on the documents checklist online so maybe someone knows from experience. Any advice appreciated!

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
28 minutes ago, Froozion said:

You can just change that on the day. The first window you go to is to check and update your documents, addresses etc. If you still have your old passport I would bring it also. But I don't imagine they would need it. 

Gotcha - in my case my wife got her Canadian citizenship after we were DQ'd . So we could also do this in that counter , right ? 

3 minutes ago, canadian85 said:

I may need to get the MMR vaccine. Do i need to take it mandatorily from my family physician or can I go anywhere like Travel clinics etc.?

You can go to either. They will accept both. 

1 minute ago, Bamz said:

Anyone has any information on the Dr in Vancouver for the medicals. Sent them an email but I have not received any response and their numbers seem to be clogged up at the moment. 

Any information will be appreciated. 

Many thanks 

I emailed them and I think they replied the next day. 

Just now, canadian85 said:

What should be the intended US address. I have no address but I know which city i will be in when I move to the US. What should i fill in here.

You need to have an US address for them to have an address to send the green card. It doesn't need to be the one you intend to live at. Do you have a friend or family members house that you could get your green card mailed to on your behalf? 

Just now, Froozion said:

You need to have an US address for them to have an address to send the green card. It doesn't need to be the one you intend to live at. Do you have a friend or family members house that you could get your green card mailed to on your behalf? 

This is being asked by Doctor for registration.  Dr.Mascernhas website

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.