Blueeyes1989

Montreal embassy EB-2 interview wait time-Part 2

2,662 posts in this topic

39 minutes ago, Nicadog said:

In case this is helpful, I contacted the Montreal Consulate to try to confirm they had now received our medicals, following our Sept 16th interview where they said they did not have them, and actually got a response! This is the email they sent today:

"Thank you for contacting us. We confirm receipt of the medical reports. Please contact us on October 1st, 2024 to request that your case be reviewed so we can proceed. We hope that this information is helpful. Please let us know if we can be of further assistance."

I have no idea why we need to contract them again on October 1st, I thought we were already in line for processing, but at least I got the confirmation on the medicals and will obviously email them on the 1st.

Nice. We will plan to email them on the first also. Can I confirm was the email address you used montreal-ACS@state.gov

I anticipate that we may be called with the next batch as we are DQ Aug 2023.

Concerning the medicals, my wife is currently pregnant and cannot take some of the vaccines at the moment. Is there any exception for pregnant women and does anyone have any experience with this. Her doctors say she cant take MMR or TDAP until she delivers the baby. Can anyone help with this

8 hours ago, Bamz said:

Concerning the medicals, my wife is currently pregnant and cannot take some of the vaccines at the moment. Is there any exception for pregnant women and does anyone have any experience with this. Her doctors say she cant take MMR or TDAP until she delivers the baby. Can anyone help with this

I've not heard of any exceptions. Best plan would be to call the US medical doctor now and ask what they recommend. Otherwise it's likely you would be put into AP until she can have the vaccines and update the medical record. 

9 hours ago, Bamz said:

No, vaccines that are dangerous for pregnant women are not needed in this case. It is clearly stated through the CDC link given : 

https://www.cdc.gov/immigrant-refugee-health/hcp/panel-physicians/vaccination.html?CDC_AAref_Val=https://www.cdc.gov/immigrantrefugeehealth/panel-physicians/vaccinations.html

The doctor at the medical exam will write a waiver: "In general, panel physicians should defer vaccines when a precaution or contraindication is present. If the decision is made to defer a vaccine, the "contraindication" reason for a Blanket Waiver ..."

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
6 hours ago, AJSin1 said:

I'm flying to NYC next month and would like to get my COVID shot down south since they are not available in Canada at the moment. 

Is it possible to get a shot if you're traveling the US as a tourist?

Yes but you will be required to pay without private US health insurance. It costs between USD150-200 per shot.

23 hours ago, Bamz said:

I am currently pregnant too and I intend to do the titre test to show immunity for the Mmr (the OB's already do a form of this to check for rubella immunity in your first trimester blood screening. They usually give the TDAP to pregnant women in the 3rd trimester so if she is that far along then she can take it. If not the exception will be easy to get. Hope this helps 

Filed: E-2 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 9/20/2024 at 10:45 PM, Bamz said:

Sorry a little off topic question. May I know your DQ date? As per Montreal consulate, they’ve issued IL till the end of August-23 already, right? 

9 hours ago, monk_yatso said:

Sorry a little off topic question. May I know your DQ date? As per Montreal consulate, they’ve issued IL till the end of August-23 already, right? 

I am also DQ 2-Aug-2023. Haven't received the IL yet.   

Anyone else from Aug 2023 DQ got their interview date?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.