Blueeyes1989

Montreal embassy EB-2 interview wait time-Part 2

2,626 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, mgsctravels said:

Do we think Montreal is still likely to send out ILs this month, even though the visa numbers don't reset until Oct. 1?

I dont know why they wouldn't. Ir/cr are looking to get letters next week for November dates. I would expect eb the first week of October for November dates. They have been making some good progress lately so hopefully it continues 

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
3 hours ago, canadian85 said:

Any idea if the employment letter is mandatory for EB1 -C - multinational manager? Do I need to get another letter from my company for the interview?

In my case (EB1-B), it was mandatory, and they did ask for it. It has to be less than one month old.

Filed: EB-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
3 hours ago, canadian85 said:

Any idea if the employment letter is mandatory for EB1 -C - multinational manager? Do I need to get another letter from my company for the interview?

5 minutes ago, AA-H said:

In my case (EB1-B), it was mandatory, and they did ask for it. It has to be less than one month old.

Yeah, my understanding is EB1-B and EB1-C require employers to be the petitioner, hence the employment letter is to be provided.

On 9/11/2024 at 1:10 PM, AndrewsN said:

I had my interview Sep 6th (EB1). I received a verbal approval from the officer at the consulate.

Yesterday morning I received a notice indicating that they will be holding my passport until after October 1st because they’ve hit their limit of Visas issued for the fiscal year. 

I’m just hoping that this means they actually get to work on it in the first week of October and not closer to November. 

Hi there! Would you mind answering if you received this notice via email or regular mail? If from email, can I ask which email it came from?

On 9/16/2024 at 2:59 PM, Texasbound1 said:

Category: EB2 NIW
Priority Date: April 18, 2022

DQ Date: January 31, 2023

Interview Letter Received: August 7, 2024

Interview Date: September 16, 2024

We had our interview today and everything already mentioned by others was the same. We were rejected only because there are no more EB2 visas available this fiscal year which runs until the end of September.

The agent said they will hold our passports and adjudicate it on October 1 once the new fiscal year starts and more visas are available. So not officially approved but almost approved. Others in the EB2 category will likely encounter the same lack of visas response if your interview is in September.

Did your CEAC change to say "Refused"? Ours has, as of Sept 16.

On 9/11/2024 at 1:16 PM, Froozion said:

They announced the eb1 limit on aug 27th however. 

So that means that all eb interviews between now and Oct 1st will not receive a visa until after October 1st. 

I'm just unsure of when the limit is reached if we had our interview on the 9th and it was announced on the 9th

@Froozion what does your CEAC say now? Curious when exactly EB1 visas ran out and if you made it under the deadline with your Sept 9th interview.

Timeline
10 minutes ago, Froozion said:

We are still on ready. Interview was the 9th. Also not heard from Montreal about the lack of visas yet. 

Same here! I had mine on September 6th and it was approved, but I haven't received any notice about visa availability. The officer told us it would take 10 days (assuming business days). Today marks the 10th day, and the case still shows as "ready." I really hope it doesn't take much longer, as I need to get back to work and my kids need to return to school!

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
3 hours ago, Nicadog said:

Did your CEAC change to say "Refused"? Ours has, as of Sept 16.

Our status changed to “refused” in the evening of September 16, which was the day our our interview.

Timeline
3 hours ago, Froozion said:

We are still on ready. Interview was the 9th. Also not heard from Montreal about the lack of visas yet. 

The officer probably forgot to hit the enter key on their systems to get your status changed or this is another bug in their systems LOL

Timeline
42 minutes ago, Coco_2023 said:

The officer probably forgot to hit the enter key on their systems to get your status changed or this is another bug in their systems LOL

Dear @Coco_2023, during your interview on September 24th, could you kindly remind the officer at the end to not forget to press the enter key in their system to update your status? Missing that step has caused confusion for many of us.

1 hour ago, Texasbound1 said:

Our status changed to “refused” in the evening of September 16, which was the day our our interview.

Thank you for confirming that @Texasbound1! Ours says it was last updated Sept 19, still says Refused.

The other CEAC text reads:

A U.S. consular officer has adjudicated and refused your visa application. Please follow any instructions provided by the consular officer. If you were informed by the consular officer that your case was refused for administrative processing, your case will remain refused while undergoing such processing. You will receive another adjudication once such processing is complete. Please be advised that the processing time varies and that you will be contacted if additional information is needed. For more information, please visit TRAVEL.STATE.GOV or the website for the Embassy or Consulate at which you made your visa application.
For more information, please visit TRAVEL.STATE.GOV.

Would you mind confirming if yours reads the same? I'm trying to ensure that our missing medicals (which have now been found, according to our immigration doctor) aren't creating any further delay/complication & that we are in line for Oct 1st like your case.

Timeline
27 minutes ago, Nicadog said:

Thank you for confirming that @Texasbound1! Ours says it was last updated Sept 19, still says Refused.

The other CEAC text reads:

A U.S. consular officer has adjudicated and refused your visa application. Please follow any instructions provided by the consular officer. If you were informed by the consular officer that your case was refused for administrative processing, your case will remain refused while undergoing such processing. You will receive another adjudication once such processing is complete. Please be advised that the processing time varies and that you will be contacted if additional information is needed. For more information, please visit TRAVEL.STATE.GOV or the website for the Embassy or Consulate at which you made your visa application.
For more information, please visit TRAVEL.STATE.GOV.

Would you mind confirming if yours reads the same? I'm trying to ensure that our missing medicals (which have now been found, according to our immigration doctor) aren't creating any further delay/complication & that we are in line for Oct 1st like your case.

Ours is the same

Timeline
49 minutes ago, AA-H said:

Dear @Coco_2023, during your interview on September 24th, could you kindly remind the officer at the end to not forget to press the enter key in their system to update your status? Missing that step has caused confusion for many of us.

I'm getting AP'd for 99.8% so I don't think even hitting the enter key several times makes much of a difference for applicants like me but I'll make sure they would do so in front of me 😂 

In case this is helpful, I contacted the Montreal Consulate to try to confirm they had now received our medicals, following our Sept 16th interview where they said they did not have them, and actually got a response! This is the email they sent today:

"Thank you for contacting us. We confirm receipt of the medical reports. Please contact us on October 1st, 2024 to request that your case be reviewed so we can proceed. We hope that this information is helpful. Please let us know if we can be of further assistance."

I have no idea why we need to contract them again on October 1st, I thought we were already in line for processing, but at least I got the confirmation on the medicals and will obviously email them on the 1st.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.