Blueeyes1989

Montreal embassy EB-2 interview wait time-Part 2

2,626 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, Coco_2023 said:

For those who had their interview in Montreal and brought kiddos under 5, what did you do if they got hungry while inside? I heard it could take a couple of hours, so just wondering how you managed that.

Also, any tips on keeping them entertained since electronics aren’t allowed? What worked for you guys when the boredom hit? LOL

HI @Coco_2023 We did not take any food for our 4 yr old but felt otherwise when we saw another family who got in cut pieces of fruit in small transparent Tupperware/Ziplock. I would suggest to take small quantity of fruit or open snack bars in transparent ziplock bag. Also they just have a water fountain but no cups, having a empty paper cup would help the child drink better if needed.

16 hours ago, Cindy_CA said:

Thank you for your reply!

Our lawyer said that the fees were paid (at least we made the deposit as requested to the law firm). We understood that the DS 260 cannot be submitted online without paying the fees first. Is that correct?

We also received the email receipt from CEAC confirming that the DS 260 was submitted.

There's something not right, you need to chase your lawyer up. If it's showing pay now then your lawyer hasn't paid your fees, despite what they've told you - it will change to 'PAID' when they have. 

You can see the processing times on this webpage, it's never normally more than 2-3 weeks max (current one week), so you should have been DQ'ed ages ago. https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/nvc-timeframes.html

Edited by appleblossom

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Category: EB2 NIW
Priority Date: April 18, 2022

DQ Date: January 31, 2023

Interview Letter Received: August 7, 2024

Interview Date: September 16, 2024

We had our interview today and everything already mentioned by others was the same. We were rejected only because there are no more EB2 visas available this fiscal year which runs until the end of September.

The agent said they will hold our passports and adjudicate it on October 1 once the new fiscal year starts and more visas are available. So not officially approved but almost approved. Others in the EB2 category will likely encounter the same lack of visas response if your interview is in September.

9 minutes ago, Texasbound1 said:

We had our interview today and everything already mentioned by others was the same. We were rejected only because there are no more EB2 visas available this fiscal year which runs until the end of September.

The agent said they will hold our passports and adjudicate it on October 1 once the new fiscal year starts and more visas are available. So not officially approved but almost approved. Others in the EB2 category will likely encounter the same lack of visas response if your interview is in September.

Congrats. Since they kept your passports that means you are approved. Just have to hand on until 1st Oct for the new quota of visas.

Congrats. What did they ask you if you dont mind sharing

Timeline
22 minutes ago, canadian85 said:

Congrats. Since they kept your passports that means you are approved. Just have to hand on until 1st Oct for the new quota of visas.

Congrats. What did they ask you if you dont mind sharing

They just asked why I am of national interest to the US and what my highest level of education is. Also asked where we currently live. 

At the end they asked when we would be moving and that’s when the agent mentioned the lack of visas. He said we could keep them too but it would delay the process. We chose to leave them to make it as quick as possible.

I asked if there would be any other delays due to extra investigations or security checks. He told me all of the documents I provided are fine and other is close to expiry so that everything else looked good.

Both agents were very friendly and I also saw a new agent watching at the first window  as part of their training.

Timeline
1 minute ago, Texasbound1 said:

They just asked why I am of national interest to the US and what my highest level of education is. Also asked where we currently live. 

At the end they asked when we would be moving and that’s when the agent mentioned the lack of visas. He said we could keep them too but it would delay the process. We chose to leave them to make it as quick as possible.

I asked if there would be any other delays due to extra investigations or security checks. He told me all of the documents I provided are fine and other is close to expiry so that everything else looked good.

Both agents were very friendly and I also saw a new agent watching at the first window  as part of their training.

Typo in the second last paragraph. Instead of other I meant nothing is close to expiry.

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Texasbound1 said:

Typo in the second last paragraph. Instead of other I meant nothing is close to expiry.

Congrats @Texasbound1 since you are approved which is fantastic! ...pretty sure you'll get your visa within the first week of October

What would be an optimum answer to why you are a national interest?  Asking since I am EB2-NIW too LOL

Timeline
17 minutes ago, Coco_2023 said:

Congrats @Texasbound1 since you are approved which is fantastic! ...pretty sure you'll get your visa within the first week of October

What would be an optimum answer to why you are a national interest?  Asking since I am EB2-NIW too LOL

I just quickly summarized the same rationale that was in my petition. That was the advice my attorney gave me and the immigration officer just nodded in response. Best to mention your proposed endeavour in the US and the work you do and everything should be fine.

1 hour ago, Texasbound1 said:

First of all, congratulations! :)  I’m just confused. You were DQ'd in January 2023, but you just had your interview today. The official explanation states that they called those DQ'd in August 2023 for interviews. How is this happening?

Timeline
1 hour ago, Aaron_ said:

First of all, congratulations! :)  I’m just confused. You were DQ'd in January 2023, but you just had your interview today. The official explanation states that they called those DQ'd in August 2023 for interviews. How is this happening?

I happened to be just missed in the batch of interview letters that went out in April so I ended up being the longest between DW and IL.

26 minutes ago, Texasbound1 said:

I happened to be just missed in the batch of interview letters that went out in April so I ended up being the longest between DW and IL.

Congratulations! Did you have to contact them to remind them that you were missed? Or did you just leave it to them to figure out? Asking just in case same thing happens to some of us...

Timeline
33 minutes ago, AnnaSalu said:

Congratulations! Did you have to contact them to remind them that you were missed? Or did you just leave it to them to figure out? Asking just in case same thing happens to some of us...

I don’t think I was actually missed since my DQ was at the end of January 2023 which was the same month as the consular website update at that time. I just happened to be at the end of the month. Regardless, I did not contact them and just waited for the early August batch of ILs

Timeline

My PD  Feb 2022 and DQ is  August 2023 EB3 professional. (Data Engineering)

My employer is a staffing company, any idea what documents I should be requesting from my employer?

Any help is highly appreciated.

We had our Montreal interview today for EB1 & same thing happened as others have stated: that we were "refused" because there are no visas available until Oct 1st, but they kept our passports and said everything looked good.

One other hiccup was that they hadn't received our Immigration Medicals - even though we did them on Aug 27th at Dr. Lyndon Mascarenhas in Toronto. The Consulate officer said to just make sure they are sent before Oct 1st - she seemed surprisingly chill about it. I've followed up with Dr. Lyndon's office and that assure me they sent them in last week so I don't know how this is messed up, but I'll be chasing getting it rectified ASAP. Maybe a good reason to go to another immigration doctor than him as THIS IS THE WHOLE REASON HE EXISTS.

Otherwise, the process was okay. We had our 2.5 year old and they let us bring up her little backpack with some toys. We were shushed by security a couple times, which was, well, infuriating, but we got through it.

Edited by Nicadog

1 hour ago, datafate said:

My PD  Feb 2022 and DQ is  August 2023 EB3 professional. (Data Engineering)

My employer is a staffing company, any idea what documents I should be requesting from my employer?

Any help is highly appreciated.

Job offer letter (dated less than one month previously), and employment contract. Make sure they include salary, hours, location, duties, etc. 

Good luck. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.