Blueeyes1989

Montreal embassy EB-2 interview wait time-Part 2

2,626 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
3 hours ago, sunnylank said:

Hello, I had the EB2 interview on 6th and was approved in the interview. The status changed the same day on 09/06 to 'Issued' and stayed in the same status until now.

But when I see the status now 09/13  it is showing 'Ready' with the below information. I am very concerned since the status actually moved backwards.

"Your case is ready for you to schedule an interview at the U.S. Consulate General in Montreal. If you have already scheduled an interview appointment, please prepare your documents as directed in your appointment letter and appear at the Consulate on the appointed date and time. Otherwise, please wait until you have been notified of your interview appointment. "

Would it be part of the EB2 visa number running out on Sep 9th or would it be anything else? I did not see any new email notification.

Don’t worry about the change from "issued" back to "ready"—it’s clear that marking the status as "issued" on the same day as the interview was an error, which they corrected once they realized the mistake. My case is similar to yours, with the interview on September 6th, and my status has consistently shown as "ready" with updates on the 9th and 12th. I’m confident that the status will change to "issued" next week, and we should receive our passports with the long-awaited visa the following day!

Enjoy your weekend 

I am seeking for some help/advice. We applied for EB2-NIW and were approved early this year. The DS-260 was submitted online on April 29, 2024 by our lawyer and the documents were sent via mail to NVC (which was received 1 week later). We have not received the 'documentary qualified' notification yet and we are very concerned. When we check the status online (in the CEAC website), it shows "at NVC", however the IV fee shows "pay now" and IV application with status "completed".

We asked our lawyer a few times and we are told we have to wait.

How long does it usually take to receive the DQ notification?

3 minutes ago, Cindy_CA said:

I am seeking for some help/advice. We applied for EB2-NIW and were approved early this year. The DS-260 was submitted online on April 29, 2024 by our lawyer and the documents were sent via mail to NVC (which was received 1 week later). We have not received the 'documentary qualified' notification yet and we are very concerned. When we check the status online (in the CEAC website), it shows "at NVC", however the IV fee shows "pay now" and IV application with status "completed".

Thats too long. A few weeks for most I know. Why dont you inquire NVC directly, they are pretty fast in reply

9 hours ago, Cindy_CA said:

Did you pay the fees. It only takes like a month or two. I would chase the dq notification for sure. 

I am processing IVP from Canada, Montreal. My priority date is April 28, 2022; my DQ was May 30, 2023, and my interview is scheduled for October 29, 2024. However, I came to the USA on H1B on 30th August 2024 and working as a tenure-track Assistant professor. I am planning to apply for Adjustment of Status (I 485). Can you please let me know if there are any additional steps I need to take before applying for AOS?

1. I want to know if I submitted my I 485 and it is still in the process and by this time my interview date is passed is there any consequence in that situation?

2. If I can not attend the interview on the scheduled date (29th October 2024), can I apply for I 485 after the interview passes?

Thank you so much.

1 hour ago, Md Masud Rana said:

I am processing IVP from Canada, Montreal. My priority date is April 28, 2022; my DQ was May 30, 2023, and my interview is scheduled for October 29, 2024. However, I came to the USA on H1B on 30th August 2024 and working as a tenure-track Assistant professor. I am planning to apply for Adjustment of Status (I 485). Can you please let me know if there are any additional steps I need to take before applying for AOS?

1. I want to know if I submitted my I 485 and it is still in the process and by this time my interview date is passed is there any consequence in that situation?

2. If I can not attend the interview on the scheduled date (29th October 2024), can I apply for I 485 after the interview passes?

Thank you so much.

I would assume you would contact montreal to let them know you can't attend, so someone else can have your interview date and then file the i-485. Double check with your lawyer though. 

It just means you wouldn't be able to leave the US until it's approved or they would consider it abandoned. 

1 hour ago, Md Masud Rana said:

Thank you so much.

https://www.cliniclegal.org/sites/default/files/2022-05/Frequently Asked Questions-Eligibility to Adjust If Started with Consular Processing.pdf

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

For those who had their interview in Montreal and brought kiddos under 5, what did you do if they got hungry while inside? I heard it could take a couple of hours, so just wondering how you managed that.

Also, any tips on keeping them entertained since electronics aren’t allowed? What worked for you guys when the boredom hit? LOL

9 hours ago, Froozion said:

Did you pay the fees. It only takes like a month or two. I would chase the dq notification for sure. 

Thank you for your reply!

Our lawyer said that the fees were paid (at least we made the deposit as requested to the law firm). We understood that the DS 260 cannot be submitted online without paying the fees first. Is that correct?

We also received the email receipt from CEAC confirming that the DS 260 was submitted.

2 hours ago, Coco_2023 said:

For those who had their interview in Montreal and brought kiddos under 5, what did you do if they got hungry while inside? I heard it could take a couple of hours, so just wondering how you managed that.

Also, any tips on keeping them entertained since electronics aren’t allowed? What worked for you guys when the boredom hit? LOL

Sadly you are not allowed any food in. Most the kids were not having a great time. We saw a few with books and colouring pencils. We saw one family get in trouble by security for letting their kids run around and scream. We also overheard there is no changing table or room for nursing parents. So really not ideal. But it has to be done. 

On 9/13/2024 at 11:24 PM, AA-H said:

Don’t worry about the change from "issued" back to "ready"—it’s clear that marking the status as "issued" on the same day as the interview was an error, which they corrected once they realized the mistake. My case is similar to yours, with the interview on September 6th, and my status has consistently shown as "ready" with updates on the 9th and 12th. I’m confident that the status will change to "issued" next week, and we should receive our passports with the long-awaited visa the following day!

Enjoy your weekend 

Thanks @AA-H your inputs did calm me a bit.  I was fairly surprised when the CEAC status changed to 'Issued' the same evening of the EB2 interview on 6th. Was concerned and did not understand why it went back to 'Ready' on 13th. Looks like they keep making updates to the case as 'Last updated timestamp' for me changed on 6th, 9th and 13th. Wonder what processing steps are being done during these updates.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.