Blueeyes1989

Montreal embassy EB-2 interview wait time-Part 2

2,662 posts in this topic

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
34 minutes ago, AndrewsN said:

I had my interview Sep 6th (EB1). I received a verbal approval from the officer at the consulate.

Yesterday morning I received a notice indicating that they will be holding my passport until after October 1st because they’ve hit their limit of Visas issued for the fiscal year. 

I’m just hoping that this means they actually get to work on it in the first week of October and not closer to November. 

It's a bummer to hear that you'll have to wait a bit longer to get your actual visa, but a good news for those who have their interviews pre-scheduled by the end of September including myself that they are not canceled since eb1 has reached the cap on late Aug yet your interview was conducted on Sep 6.

I'm pretty sure you guys are first in the line after Oct 1 to get your visa printed 

I wonder tho why your CO didn't let you know at the interview since they already knew there was no visa left for your category...

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
57 minutes ago, AndrewsN said:

I had my interview Sep 6th (EB1). I received a verbal approval from the officer at the consulate.

Yesterday morning I received a notice indicating that they will be holding my passport until after October 1st because they’ve hit their limit of Visas issued for the fiscal year. 

I’m just hoping that this means they actually get to work on it in the first week of October and not closer to November. 

@AndrewsN, my situation is quite similar to yours (EB1 with a September 6th interview at 10:15 am), but I haven’t yet received any notice about them holding our passports until after October 1st. While I agree that waiting another month after everything we’ve been through to get to this stage isn't too much. My case is a bit different from most in the forum. I’ve been living and working in the U.S. for the past six years (on TN and later O1 visas), and my daughter just started university in the U.S., so waiting over two weeks for our passports is a significant issue for us. I’m still hopeful, especially since the officer was aware of my situation and mentioned he would request to expedite the process so I can return to work sooner. He also asked if I couldn’t wait longer to take my passports and send them later when I’m back in Canada with more time.

@AndrewsN, did the officer tell you how long you’d be waiting at the end of your interview, like he did in my case and for @Froozion?

Thanks!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
3 hours ago, canadian85 said:

Could you please share ur interview experience

Could you please share your interview experience?

If you search the Montreal consulate, there are many reviews with information posted, including recent ones.  

2 hours ago, ghp2019 said:

Hello,

Does anyone know how long on average AP takes for Iranians after the interview?

Regular AP (all cases go through some level of AP) or was a 221g or a DS5535 issued?  If it's regular AP, as long as everything was in order and as long as your name isn't super common, it shouldn't be too long.  If your name is common, expect more time.  If it's a 221g or the DS5535, check out the thread posted above because it will take some time.  

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Filed: EB-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, sapkde9 said:

Hello,  I restored it to a version from 11th that felt accurate.   Please check and confirm.

Amazing, thanks!

To others using the chart, I understand the desire to filter and sort the rows, but please don't rearrange the columns without sorting the others, too, or else we'll have mismatched and inaccurate information.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, mgsctravels said:

Amazing, thanks!

To others using the chart, I understand the desire to filter and sort the rows, but please don't rearrange the columns without sorting the others, too, or else we'll have mismatched and inaccurate information.

I believe the issue is due to the VJ profiles column not being sortable, unlike the other columns. Can someone fix this?

Filed: E-2 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Any EB2 DQ’d in June/July 2023 received IL? So far the list showing latest EB2 got IL was DQ’d in May-31st. Is it conceivable that montreal consulate updated their progress till August-23 based on EB1 only? 

4 hours ago, monk_yatso said:

Any EB2 DQ’d in June/July 2023 received IL? So far the list showing latest EB2 got IL was DQ’d in May-31st. Is it conceivable that montreal consulate updated their progress till August-23 based on EB1 only? 

Yes. There was an eb2 who was dq'd June 1st that got a letter on aug 29th. 

There is not priority between eb. So it will be for all groups. 

Filed: E-2 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, Froozion said:

Yes. There was an eb2 who was dq'd June 1st that got a letter on aug 29th. 

There is not priority between eb. So it will be for all groups. 

Thats great! Any guess whether montreal will reach dec-2023 DQ by march-2025? My PD (RoW) still stuck at March-30-2023

Hello, I had the EB2 interview on 6th and was approved in the interview. The status changed the same day on 09/06 to 'Issued' and stayed in the same status until now.

But when I see the status now 09/13  it is showing 'Ready' with the below information. I am very concerned since the status actually moved backwards.

"Your case is ready for you to schedule an interview at the U.S. Consulate General in Montreal. If you have already scheduled an interview appointment, please prepare your documents as directed in your appointment letter and appear at the Consulate on the appointed date and time. Otherwise, please wait until you have been notified of your interview appointment. "

Would it be part of the EB2 visa number running out on Sep 9th or would it be anything else? I did not see any new email notification.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.