Blueeyes1989

Montreal embassy EB-2 interview wait time-Part 2

2,728 posts in this topic

15 minutes ago, Mazda_Ace said:

What does this mean? If we received three doses, but it was three years ago, do we still need to get another one?

As of April 21, 2023, a single dose of Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine, Bivalent meets the vaccine requirement of these Technical Instructions for applicants 6 years old or older and a single dose of Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine, Bivalent meets the requirements for applicants 5 years old or older. Although the monovalent Moderna and Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccines are no longer authorized for use in the United States, these vaccines are still approved under these Technical Instructions because they are listed for emergency use by the World Health Organization and continue to require 2 or 3 doses (depending on age) to complete the requirement.

As far as I understand, no matter how many doses you have received, what they care about is that the latest one would be within one year of your appointment.

1 hour ago, Mazda_Ace said:

What does this mean? If we received three doses, but it was three years ago, do we still need to get another one?

As of April 21, 2023, a single dose of Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine, Bivalent meets the vaccine requirement of these Technical Instructions for applicants 6 years old or older and a single dose of Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine, Bivalent meets the requirements for applicants 5 years old or older. Although the monovalent Moderna and Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccines are no longer authorized for use in the United States, these vaccines are still approved under these Technical Instructions because they are listed for emergency use by the World Health Organization and continue to require 2 or 3 doses (depending on age) to complete the requirement.

Yes. You need to have had 2 doses. With the last one being in the last 12 months. If it's been longer you need to have had a 3rd dose in the last 12 months. 

Although canada just recalled all covid vaccines on Friday as they dont protect against the new varaint. There is a chance if you call around you may find a pharmacy that still has some available. Unfortunately they don't have an exact date when the new one is going to be available. Probably Oct/Nov. Unfortunately it may lead to people being put into AP until they can get that final dose. (Then you would just send proof and get the green card). It's not likely it will get waived as other countries have seen this issue and there is no waiver. 

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, Froozion said:

Yes. You need to have had 2 doses. With the last one being in the last 12 months. If it's been longer you need to have had a 3rd dose in the last 12 months. 

Although canada just recalled all covid vaccines on Friday as they dont protect against the new varaint. There is a chance if you call around you may find a pharmacy that still has some available. Unfortunately they don't have an exact date when the new one is going to be available. Probably Oct/Nov. Unfortunately it may lead to people being put into AP until they can get that final dose. (Then you would just send proof and get the green card). It's not likely it will get waived as other countries have seen this issue and there is no waiver. 

The US now has the new variant COVID 19 vaccine available. If possible, drive to a Walgreens or CVS across the border to get it. You can book an appointment online and it may still be free for anyone who doesn't have private health insurance. We have ours scheduled for this Friday and will bring the CDC vaccination card to the medical exam. We were going to get it at Shoppers but they cancelled our appointment last week due to the recall in Ontario.

Hi everyone, 

In regards to the vaccines for the medical exam/interview, what happens if you can’t track down your records? My family is all fully vaccinated. I have the full records for my kids but my husband and I moved around Canada a lot and I’m having trouble getting our documentation. Has anyone experienced this? Can the dr do a blood test for all the vaccines to prove immunity? Will this slow down our process? Should I be doing this ahead of time? Also my kids are 8 and have had two Covid shots (in 2021). Do kids also need to get Covid shot in the past 12 months? If so, does anyone know where to find a kids Covid shot in Ontario or has anyone had a recent interview where the kids were exempt?

2 hours ago, dandelion1 said:

https://www.visadoctor.ca/en/us-medical

This includes the check list for all ages. You can either get an antibody test or just get the shots again. But some of them require multiple doses so I would start getting them now, also most of the doctors don't give the shots on the day. So you need to have them done before 

It seems it is based on the panel of physicians (https://www.drgulzarcheema.com/index-3.html) For example, for Varicella (Chicken Pox), if you had the disease, then no vaccine is needed. Just provide the year when you had Chicken Pox (no immunity test is required).

Edited by Mazda_Ace

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
4 hours ago, Enroute9876 said:

Hi everyone, 

In regards to the vaccines for the medical exam/interview, what happens if you can’t track down your records? My family is all fully vaccinated. I have the full records for my kids but my husband and I moved around Canada a lot and I’m having trouble getting our documentation. Has anyone experienced this? Can the dr do a blood test for all the vaccines to prove immunity? Will this slow down our process? Should I be doing this ahead of time? Also my kids are 8 and have had two Covid shots (in 2021). Do kids also need to get Covid shot in the past 12 months? If so, does anyone know where to find a kids Covid shot in Ontario or has anyone had a recent interview where the kids were exempt?

Get everyone's titres done now.  It will show immunity for the vaccines everyone has had and then you'll only have to fill in the gaps.  

Covid vaccines are basically being treated like flu vaccines - they want you to essentially have them yearly, so the kids will have to have a recent dose.  

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

On 9/4/2024 at 6:26 PM, canadian85 said:

I am DQed 2nd August 2023. I have not got any IL so far. Should I be worried?

Your profile says you're EB1 and from India, is that right? If so, your PD isn't current yet and the EB1 quota was reached a while back so there are no visas left for this year. 

1 hour ago, canadian85 said:

Anyone from Sep Interview batch has had their interview? 

Or anyone from earlier months would like to share their interview experience?

There is a bunch of experiences through this whole blog. But nobody has had interviews since April time. So you might need to go back hunting through the posts to find them. 

Filed: EB-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

My PD is August 2023, DQ October 2023 - EB-1 ROW:

Would it be worthwhile to get ahead of my vaccinations and get a new police report now? Or is that overambitious?

I'm assuming I can't schedule a medical until I get an appointment?

23 minutes ago, mgsctravels said:

My PD is August 2023, DQ October 2023 - EB-1 ROW:

Would it be worthwhile to get ahead of my vaccinations and get a new police report now? Or is that overambitious?

I'm assuming I can't schedule a medical until I get an appointment?

If they continue at the current rate you will likely be in the next batch if your date is current. 

The covid vaccine and police reports are valid for 1 year, I think you are definitely going to be invited in the next year if they are on Aug 2023 and you are Oct 2023. So I would go ahead to save stress later! 

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
On 9/5/2024 at 8:05 PM, canadian85 said:

Anyone from Sep Interview batch has had their interview? 

Or anyone from earlier months would like to share their interview experience?

I had mine last Friday. It went really well. The agents are very helpful. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.