Blueeyes1989

Montreal embassy EB-2 interview wait time-Part 2

2,662 posts in this topic

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
32 minutes ago, canadian85 said:

Can someone share the list of things that need to be done or taken care of in the weeks leading up to the interview? Do we need to get latest PCCs again as the PCCs submitted earlier are more than 12 months old.  Where can I find the list of things needed.

Here is the checklist of documents for the interview, photos should be 2x2".

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Supplements/Supplements_by_Post/MTL-Montreal.html#pre_interview_checklist

Edited by Coco_2023

6 minutes ago, canadian85 said:

Requesting all those who have had their interviews recently to please share their interview experiences.

In return, please fill in your timeline. The more EB applicant timelines we have to add to the body of knowledge on VJ for us employment based applicants, the better. Thx. 

13 hours ago, canadian85 said:

Can someone share the list of things that need to be done or taken care of in the weeks leading up to the interview? Do we need to get latest PCCs again as the PCCs submitted earlier are more than 12 months old.  Where can I find the list of things needed.

Book a medical exam, get all your vaccine documents together. We had to get our family doctor to check them over before visiting lyndon. They will give you a checklist when you book. 

Register for a courier for your passport to be returned 

Ensure you have all your paperwork together and photocopies of everything. The police reports are only valid for 1 year so they may need to be updated. 

Book hotels and flights as necessary 

On 8/31/2024 at 10:12 AM, JesusisLord24 said:

@EternalWaitSorry about that. Is your PD current? And have you reached out to both NVC and Montreal? 

Yep I am ROW with PD March 3,2022. Has been current for more than a year now (retrogressed for like a few months back in early 2023).

I have reached out to NVC with absolutely no response. They just say: inquiry is under review. Last one I submitted was a month ago! I have given up hopes on them, and trying my luck this time by asking the Consulate directly if they can give me an expedited appointment. 

All of this has been a massive waste of my time (let alone all the stress and frustration) and so obviously unnecessary if NVC had done their job ...

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Filed: EB-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
19 hours ago, appleblossom said:

In return, please fill in your timeline. The more EB applicant timelines we have to add to the body of knowledge on VJ for us employment based applicants, the better. Thx. 

Maybe we can consider creating a google form survey, which will send the results to a google sheet automatically (instead of having to accumulate the results manually after searching people's posted timelines). 

What does this mean? If we received three doses, but it was three years ago, do we still need to get another one?

As of April 21, 2023, a single dose of Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine, Bivalent meets the vaccine requirement of these Technical Instructions for applicants 6 years old or older and a single dose of Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine, Bivalent meets the requirements for applicants 5 years old or older. Although the monovalent Moderna and Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccines are no longer authorized for use in the United States, these vaccines are still approved under these Technical Instructions because they are listed for emergency use by the World Health Organization and continue to require 2 or 3 doses (depending on age) to complete the requirement.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.