Blueeyes1989

Montreal embassy EB-2 interview wait time-Part 2

2,620 posts in this topic

Hi everyone, 

I recently moved from US to Canada. I have Eb2-NIW approval under Mechanical Engineering.  I'm struggling to get a job in Mechanical Engineering in Canada, suppose I got a job in another field that is not Mechanical Engineering and I file for Ds260 to continue to work in Mechanical Engineering in US, can the VO approve my Ds260.

Thanks

28 minutes ago, chizoba said:

Hi everyone, 

I recently moved from US to Canada. I have Eb2-NIW approval under Mechanical Engineering.  I'm struggling to get a job in Mechanical Engineering in Canada, suppose I got a job in another field that is not Mechanical Engineering and I file for Ds260 to continue to work in Mechanical Engineering in US, can the VO approve my Ds260.

Thanks

Once you get the green card there is not stipulation that you have to continue within the field that you put in the eb2 niw. 

However it's probably a good idea you tell the officer at the interview that's your intention. 

2 hours ago, Froozion said:

If we get our green card and start moving down to the US. Are we still legally allowed to work for a Canadian based company whilst in America until they file the paper work to transfer work for the US branch of the company. (Same company same job). The job is fully remote. 

I don't see how that will be an issue, as long as you have work authorization in Canada.

On 8/16/2024 at 3:41 PM, Froozion said:

If we get our green card and start moving down to the US. Are we still legally allowed to work for a Canadian based company whilst in America until they file the paper work to transfer work for the US branch of the company. (Same company same job). The job is fully remote. 

Not a lawyer here, but why not? Only thing is, taxes may get messy... While a resident of the US (after your move) your Canadian income is considered foreign income? 

Not a lawyer here, but why not? Only thing is, taxes may get messy... While a resident of the US (after your move) your Canadian income is considered foreign income? 

We assumed it would be fine. I was just making sure there were no glaring issues. Taxes are going to be complicated this year anyway I imagine. 

The only other thing we can think of is the Healthcare. We currently get canada Healthcare and wouldn't have our American Healthcare until the position is transferred. 

We just don't want to do anything wrong haha 

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I have question about the interview especially from those that have already had their interviews in Montreal.

Our case includes our daughter who is under 14 years old. When I registered the interviews, I had to register my daughter's as well. However, the US Department of State website states that any children under 14 are not to attend the interview but that some consulates/embassies may welcome the whole family. We are planning on bringing our daughter but if she is not allowed to entered, we have no one to leave her with or to watch her.

Question: Did anyone have an interview and either bring, or see others bring, their children under 14 years of age?

Here the source: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/step-10-prepare-for-the-interview/step-11-applicant-interview.html

Screenshot 2024-08-21 at 10.40.55 AM.png

On 8/21/2024 at 12:41 PM, Texasbound1 said:

I have question about the interview especially from those that have already had their interviews in Montreal.

Our case includes our daughter who is under 14 years old. When I registered the interviews, I had to register my daughter's as well. However, the US Department of State website states that any children under 14 are not to attend the interview but that some consulates/embassies may welcome the whole family. We are planning on bringing our daughter but if she is not allowed to entered, we have no one to leave her with or to watch her.

Question: Did anyone have an interview and either bring, or see others bring, their children under 14 years of age?

Here the source: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/step-10-prepare-for-the-interview/step-11-applicant-interview.html

Screenshot 2024-08-21 at 10.40.55 AM.png

My wife and my daughter (3 years) had their interviews in July 2023. My wife brought our daughter to the interview and there was no problem at the Montreal Consulate.

Edited by DrJh07

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
On 8/18/2024 at 7:59 AM, Froozion said:

We assumed it would be fine. I was just making sure there were no glaring issues. Taxes are going to be complicated this year anyway I imagine. 

The only other thing we can think of is the Healthcare. We currently get canada Healthcare and wouldn't have our American Healthcare until the position is transferred. 

We just don't want to do anything wrong haha 

You can keep working for the Canadian entity.  However, I would probably purchase gap insurance for medical until it's sorted.  

Yup, income tax will be messy.  Just find a good cross border accountant and run away!  LOL

On 8/21/2024 at 11:41 AM, Texasbound1 said:

Different visa type, but both of my kids were with me.  The CO actually asked them questions to verify information.  The CO was really sweet to them.  Kid1 was 13 and Kid 2 was 10 at the time.  

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
On 8/11/2024 at 12:25 PM, Texasbound1 said:

My medical appointment is with Dr. Zatzman. His office provided a vaccine form after the medical was booked. Under the COVID vaccine, it states that is must be within the last year

Screenshot 2024-08-11 at 10.24.57 AM.png

I am not sure if you have solved the Covid vaccine issue. If not, I can give you the name of the pharmacy in Toronto that they still have it. I just got it today.

3 hours ago, AA-H said:

I am not sure if you have solved the Covid vaccine issue. If not, I can give you the name of the pharmacy in Toronto that they still have it. I just got it today.

I would appreciate this. We have the same problem with covid vaccine

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
1 minute ago, AA-H said:

Shoppers Drug Mart
(416) 749-5271 https://g.co/kgs/sqf1YmF

here it is, it took me a couple of weeks trying to find a pharmacy in the US that can do it with no luck. After my medical exam I start calling pharmacies in Toronto. After several attempts, I found this one . Good luck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.