Blueeyes1989

Montreal embassy EB-2 interview wait time-Part 2

2,626 posts in this topic

Does anyone know what documents are needed for EB-1 C interview. Do we need recent paystubs. I plan to be on unpaid leave for a couple of months for personal reasons. Would that have any impact if I get the interview call during the unpaid leave and cannot get recent paystubs? Is there any checklist of documents for EB interviews.

Nice to see another solid jump in the number of EB green cards issued by Montreal in May - 192. Up from 121 in April and 87 in March. 

Just need to see them send out more interview letters soon.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/legal/visa-law0/visa-statistics/immigrant-visa-statistics/monthly-immigrant-visa-issuances.html

On 6/29/2024 at 10:43 AM, canadian85 said:

Does anyone know what documents are needed for EB-1 C interview. Do we need recent paystubs. I plan to be on unpaid leave for a couple of months for personal reasons. Would that have any impact if I get the interview call during the unpaid leave and cannot get recent paystubs? Is there any checklist of documents for EB interviews.

Anyone knows the answer to this?

On 6/29/2024 at 9:43 AM, canadian85 said:

Best guess from this is it cannot be over a year of unpaid leave. And you still must maintain the you have worked for the company for 1 full year of the last 3 years to maintain the status. But I am not in any way a lawyer. And this is just my assumption from reading about eb1c....

Screenshot_20240701_065138_Chrome.jpg

On 6/19/2024 at 11:33 AM, sunnylank said:

Hello,  I am a Canadian citizen and currently residing in Canada. Below is my situation:

EB2 employment based 

Priority Date : 12 June 2012

Country of chargeability : India

Documentarily Qualified : April 2022

Status in CEAC : At NVC

I was DQ in April 2022 but then the eb2 dates got retrogressed later that year.  I see that my PD will be current in July.

Will they consider that my DQ was completed in Apr 2022 and can I expect an Interview letter soon for the Montreal consulate?

Its been a super long wait which I am hoping will end soon. Any advise on above will be very helpful. Thanks.

Hi, I have started receiving the automated mails from NVC since PD became current in July.... but have not received the Interview Letter yet. 

Since NVC Call center is discontinued, does anyone know if raising 'Public Inquiry Form' or  calling the Montreal embassy get any traction to my case as my DQ is much before the current Jan 2023 they were inviting?

1 hour ago, sunnylank said:

Hi, I have started receiving the automated mails from NVC since PD became current in July.... but have not received the Interview Letter yet. 

Since NVC Call center is discontinued, does anyone know if raising 'Public Inquiry Form' or  calling the Montreal embassy get any traction to my case as my DQ is much before the current Jan 2023 they were inviting?

There haven't been any invites sent since April. 

Unfortunately I think we are in the same situation as last year where they processed many months at the start of the year and then nothing for the rest of the year. 

The invites got sent out for August last week and eb didn't get any. 

Eb is just not a priority for Montreal. 

We can only hope I'm wrong and eb gets some invites in Aug for the Sept dates. 

There is no phone number to call and I think most of the email you just get an automated response saying there are backlogs and its first in first out and to wait your turn. 

2 hours ago, Froozion said:

There haven't been any invites sent since April. 

Unfortunately I think we are in the same situation as last year where they processed many months at the start of the year and then nothing for the rest of the year. 

The invites got sent out for August last week and eb didn't get any. 

Eb is just not a priority for Montreal. 

We can only hope I'm wrong and eb gets some invites in Aug for the Sept dates. 

There is no phone number to call and I think most of the email you just get an automated response saying there are backlogs and its first in first out and to wait your turn. 

Thanks for the response Froozion.

This is pretty disheartening.  Is there any link where the monthly Montreal stats giving the breakdown of the Immigrant visa categories for which IL's were sent out each month? 

8 minutes ago, sunnylank said:

Thanks for the response Froozion.

This is pretty disheartening.  Is there any link where the monthly Montreal stats giving the breakdown of the Immigrant visa categories for which IL's were sent out each month? 

There is no link to know what IL were sent out. The link shared only indicates how many visas were issued for that month. While some could actually be interviewed and issued in that month, some could be cases which were delayed for additional processing or DS5535. These folks could have interviewed in the past and case approved in that month. 

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Unlike family-based immigrant visas, which have had interview letters issued on an almost monthly basis, employment-based visas have been sent in batches. The bad part is obviously that it creates a delay on a month-to-month basis, but when the batch is finally sent, it will include people from a lot of months. Many of us will be part of the next batch!

Just gotta be patient, live your life to the best knowing that the interview letter will come at anytime.

We will all get there...to the American dream!

Hi, I have a question about my case. I have applied for my green card (EB3) and got documentary qualified in Oct 2023.

Here is my case and timeline: I am a permanent resident in Canada.

---Aug 2021, My wife got her US green card with the category of EB3.

---Sep 2021, Filed I-824(Following-to-Join) to USCIS for my GC application.

---July 2023, I-824 approved by USCIS.

---Aug 2023, got NVC Welcome Letter and my case was EB3, too. then sent all documents to NVC.

---Oct 2023, my case was Documentarily Complete.

I am still waiting for the interview letter now. But I have a question when I read the "Pre-Interview Checklist of Montreal". One of the requirements on the list is  "For employment-based visa applications: Bring a letter from your U.S.-based employer dated less than one month ago." My case is EB3 because my wife is the sponsor, she got the US green card with the category of EB3 and filed I-824 for my application. So in this case, do I have to bring my wife's job letter from her US based employer? Thank you. I really appreciate if anyone can help.

Hello Everyone,

I've received a surprise email from NVC today morning with Interview Letter at US Consulate at Mumbai, India. I was not expecting an interview from Mumbai as we are Canadian Citizens and currently reside in Canada. We have renounced our Indian citizenship when we become Canadian citizens.

I'm pleasantly surprised as well as confused as we are not residing in India and why it was scheduled at Mumbai vs Montreal. The interview is on August 20 and we need to get the medicals done in India.

When we applied DS-260 and sent the documents to NVC, we've sent the PCC only from Canada as there is no need for Indian PCC for Canadian citizens. Also, my son do not have an OCI (rest of us have OCI) and he have only visitor visa to India. Will this cause any issues/delays if we go for interview at Mumbai on a visitor visa for my son.

I'm not sure if anyone has gone through this scenario. Please provide your guidance on getting the EB2 Interview from the country of chargeability where you don't reside currently.

Category: EB-2

Country of Chargeability: India

Priority Date: Apr 2012

DQ: Jun 2023

Thank you.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.