Blueeyes1989

Montreal embassy EB-2 interview wait time-Part 2

2,613 posts in this topic

I received a case status update on July 16. Basically the same email that said my case is documentarily complete and it is awaiting interview. Same email was sent to me 2 months ago too.

Excerpt from the email

"The next communication you receive from NVC will be either a notice that your appointment is scheduled, or if an appointment is not scheduled within the next 60 days, we will send a notice confirming that your case is still in line for an interview."

8 hours ago, a7medfx said:

I received a case status update on July 16. Basically the same email that said my case is documentarily complete and it is awaiting interview. Same email was sent to me 2 months ago too.

Excerpt from the email

"The next communication you receive from NVC will be either a notice that your appointment is scheduled, or if an appointment is not scheduled within the next 60 days, we will send a notice confirming that your case is still in line for an interview."

Yeah its the 60 day notice. They are sent out every 60 days automatically. They don't really mean anything. Just that you are in line. 

Hello,
I am new here. I'm a Canadian in Montreal. I just DQ in June 2024 for an EB1.
I saw on their website that Montreal interviews were around 1.5 years wait. Is that what I should expect? So December 2025 /Jan 2026 for a June 2024 DQ?

Is there a spreadsheet for EB1 to follow others wait time for interviews, I saw some for other categories?
If someone can answer the link, thank you!
Thank you so much and fingers crossed to all of us!

Filed: EB-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, canadian85 said:

Is there any priority given to EB1 over other employment categories or does the category not matter after DQ and it follows the first in first out approach

2 minutes ago, Froozion said:

No priority. Just first in first out approach 

But what about if EB-3 is no longer current because of retrogression, but EB-1 is still current? Do they not send ILs to EB-1 while EB-3s wait for their date to become current? 

I ask because I'm EB-1 and am concerned that the EB-3 regression might affect me even though my PD is current. 

9 minutes ago, mgsctravels said:

But what about if EB-3 is no longer current because of retrogression, but EB-1 is still current? Do they not send ILs to EB-1 while EB-3s wait for their date to become current? 

I ask because I'm EB-1 and am concerned that the EB-3 regression might affect me even though my PD is current. 

Anybody who has a visa available to them (i.e. whose PD is current) will be scheduled for an interview in turn. Anybody that doesn't have a visa available to them won't be, but that doesn't affect those who are eligible.

So EB-3 or EB-2 PD's aren't relevant to you at all, as long as EB-1 stays current then you're in the line for an interview. 

Hello,  I am a Canadian citizen and currently residing in Canada. Below is my situation:

EB2 employment based 

Priority Date : 12 June 2012

Country of chargeability : India

Documentarily Qualified : April 2022

Status in CEAC : At NVC

I was DQ in April 2022 but then the eb2 dates got retrogressed later that year.  I see that my PD will be current in July.

Will they consider that my DQ was completed in Apr 2022 and can I expect an Interview letter soon for the Montreal consulate?

Its been a super long wait which I am hoping will end soon. Any advise on above will be very helpful. Thanks.

Edited by sunnylank

2 hours ago, sunnylank said:

Hello,  I am a Canadian citizen and currently residing in Canada. Below is my situation:

EB2 employment based 

Priority Date : 12 June 2012

Country of chargeability : India

Documentarily Qualified : April 2022

Status in CEAC : At NVC

I was DQ in April 2022 but then the eb2 dates got retrogressed later that year.  I see that my PD will be current in July.

Will they consider that my DQ was completed in Apr 2022 and can I expect an Interview letter soon for the Montreal consulate?

Its been a super long wait which I am hoping will end soon. Any advise on above will be very helpful. Thanks.

Yes. If they sent out interviews in July for August, I would expect you will be invited as you have a dq date that is before what they are currently working on. (Jan 2023). 

Please let us know if you get an invite letter as it helps us track it! Good luck! 

Hi Everyone,

I don't quite understand the Montreal strategy and plan (most likely, no one does). The process has been very frustrating, disappointing, and unclear.

I don't understand why two people in the same situation are treated differently—one person is in the US, while the other is still waiting with no hope or estimation. These two people should be treated the same way.

If they send out invitation letters for interviews only once or twice a year, how many years should we expect to wait?

Let's analyze the best and worst-case scenarios and determine a formula to give us at least the worst-case scenario (though I know this may not be possible given Montreal's behavior).

14 hours ago, Mazda_Ace said:

Hi Everyone,

I don't quite understand the Montreal strategy and plan (most likely, no one does). The process has been very frustrating, disappointing, and unclear.

I don't understand why two people in the same situation are treated differently—one person is in the US, while the other is still waiting with no hope or estimation. These two people should be treated the same way.

If they send out invitation letters for interviews only once or twice a year, how many years should we expect to wait?

Let's analyze the best and worst-case scenarios and determine a formula to give us at least the worst-case scenario (though I know this may not be possible given Montreal's behavior).

Best case scenario. They prioritize eb and clear the whole backlog quickly. Worst case scenario. They lose a bunch of staff. Continue prioritizing family and spousal and never send out eb interview letters and it escalates to what 5/10 years and you need to hire a lawyer to file a WOM to get your case seen. But there are checks and balances within all government systems. Even if it doesn't feel like it. So there is no point in thinking about the worst case. 

Also they have just hired more staff and seen them double their monthly production. So the backlog being cleared is the more likely situation. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.