Blueeyes1989

Montreal embassy EB-2 interview wait time-Part 2

2,618 posts in this topic

20 hours ago, canadian85 said:

My company may have a position for me that I want to take up in another geography. Would it impact my GC and timelines if I decide to take up the new opportunity in another country while waiting for the interview appointment.

Can i still come back and attend the interview in Montreal when the interview is scheduled. Or Do i need to move my case to the consulate of the other country. 

I am a canadian citizen. 

Has anyone been through such a situation? 

It won't be an issue at all, but you might want to move your case to the other consulate if it would suit your timelines better. Most people would love to have the option to have their case processed somewhere other than Montreal! 

58 minutes ago, appleblossom said:

It won't be an issue at all, but you might want to move your case to the other consulate if it would suit your timelines better. Most people would love to have the option to have their case processed somewhere other than Montreal! 

Is there like a list of consulates with processing times? Some people have multiple residencies, and this might be helpful.

11 minutes ago, a7medfx said:

Is there like a list of consulates with processing times? Some people have multiple residencies, and this might be helpful.

No, just from knowledge and threads on VJ. Which other country do you reside in? I can't imagine anybody would have 'multiple residencies', maybe one other if they live between two countries. Where do you pay taxes? That's usually a good way to tell where you'd be considered resident by a government. 

1 hour ago, appleblossom said:

No, just from knowledge and threads on VJ. Which other country do you reside in? I can't imagine anybody would have 'multiple residencies', maybe one other if they live between two countries. Where do you pay taxes? That's usually a good way to tell where you'd be considered resident by a government. 

I have residency in New Zealand, but I spend most time in Canada.

Hi, I want to share some information about my case and ask some questions:

1. My visa is E2, PD is current, and DQ is in Feb-2024.

2. Due to my circumstance, I requested expediting and my request was approved.

3. Since then, the status of my case in https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx is "In Transit", it reads: "Your case is in transit to the Consular Section. Your interview date was provided to you by the National Visa Center."

4. It has been "In Transit" for about 3 weeks.

5. The corresponding I received from NVC only notified me that my request was approved, and that they sent my case to US Consulate in Montreal, and instructions to prepare for the interview, and that the Consulate will contact and schedule my interviewno dates was provided.

6. Even I have not received any emails from the Consulate, I tried to schedule my interview (choosing that I received the instructions from the Consulate) in https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-ca/iv, and, to my surprise, I got till the "schedule appointment" section, when I see some dates are available. Of course, I did not choose any time, and did not finalize my application there.

My questions are:

Q1. Anyone can confirm if your case details (if it is "In Transit") have the same message as mine (number 3 above, bolded text)?

Q2. There are inconsistencies:

a) the message from https://ceac.state.gov/ said that my interview date was provided to me by the NVC;

b) the corresponding from NVC about the approval of my request said that the Consulate will contact and schedule my interview;

c) In fact, I have not received interview date, from either NVC or the Consulate.

Any thoughts about these inconsistencies?

Q3. Has anyone tried to do same as me in number 6 above? Any results?

This has been an exhausting journey. I hope it ends soon and well. I will share full information about my case after I (hopefully) got my GC. For now, I need answers from your amazing guys :).

Thank you. 

23 hours ago, the_mind said:

3. Since then, the status of my case in https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx is "In Transit", it reads: "Your case is in transit to the Consular Section. Your interview date was provided to you by the National Visa Center."

5. The corresponding I received from NVC only notified me that my request was approved, and that they sent my case to US Consulate in Montreal, and instructions to prepare for the interview, and that the Consulate will contact and schedule my interviewno dates was provided.

6. Even I have not received any emails from the Consulate, I tried to schedule my interview (choosing that I received the instructions from the Consulate) in https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-ca/iv, and, to my surprise, I got till the "schedule appointment" section, when I see some dates are available. Of course, I did not choose any time, and did not finalize my application there.

My questions are:

Q1. Anyone can confirm if your case details (if it is "In Transit") have the same message as mine (number 3 above, bolded text)?

a) the message from https://ceac.state.gov/ said that my interview date was provided to me by the NVC;

b) the corresponding from NVC about the approval of my request said that the Consulate will contact and schedule my interview;

c) In fact, I have not received interview date, from either NVC or the Consulate.

This has been an exhausting journey. I hope it ends soon and well. I will share full information about my case after I (hopefully) got my GC. For now, I need answers from your amazing guys :).

Thank you. 

I believe you are to choose your date yourself when you expedite. I think I saw that in a post on reddit or somewhere else in VJ. You can do a search to confirm. 

23 hours ago, the_mind said:

My questions are:

Thank you. 

Halioak is the only other person I have seen recently be expedited. I believe they got their interview letter the following month after being approved for expedite. They give you the date. Although I beeline they are now in AP. But you could message them. 

1 hour ago, Froozion said:

Halioak is the only other person I have seen recently be expedited. I believe they got their interview letter the following month after being approved for expedite. They give you the date. Although I beeline they are now in AP. But you could message them. 

Beleive*

16 minutes ago, JBG123 said:

Looks like we won’t be getting any invite letters this month? 

They have to go out... it's just going to be a real rough time for the people at the start of the month. To get everything organized. 

My only other guess is there were a lot more people skipped than we anticipated and they filled up the whole of the month with the May 9th invites that went out. Or perhaps they have filled up the first half of the month... so there is less of a rush to put out the invites for the second half of June. 

However there are still a lot of people complaining in other groups that invite letters haven't been sent out from the other categories... so I'm still hopeful employment won't be skipped entirely. However we were skipped for 7 months last year.... so who knows really. 

Wait and see... and if anyone gets an invite please keep us updated?

33 minutes ago, Froozion said:

They have to go out... it's just going to be a real rough time for the people at the start of the month. To get everything organized. 

My only other guess is there were a lot more people skipped than we anticipated and they filled up the whole of the month with the May 9th invites that went out. Or perhaps they have filled up the first half of the month... so there is less of a rush to put out the invites for the second half of June. 

However there are still a lot of people complaining in other groups that invite letters haven't been sent out from the other categories... so I'm still hopeful employment won't be skipped entirely. However we were skipped for 7 months last year.... so who knows really. 

Wait and see... and if anyone gets an invite please keep us updated?

no invitation for me yet. With DQ date of Dec-28-2022, I expect(hope) to be part of next ILs.

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, AndrewsN said:

Hi everyone. I’m new here but have been checking from time to time. 
EB1 with a DQ of Jan 5, 2023. So…also expecting to be in the next batch of ILs.

i know how frustrating this wait is…I’ll update when/ if I receive it

Your DQ was Jan 2023 and still no IL. I am shocked. My DQ was in April 2024. I am also an EB1 applicant. I have to reconsider all my plans now if an IL is going to take more than a year.

Edited by a7medfx

27 minutes ago, a7medfx said:

Your DQ was Jan 2023 and still no IL. I am shocked. My DQ was in April 2024. I am also an EB1 applicant. I have to reconsider all my plans now if an IL is going to take more than a year.

Ya. This isn’t anything new or shocking for anyone in the Montreal Queue. My friend was also EB1- he is now in the US. His wait was about 16 months from DQ date. 

They operate on a first in, first out basis but then give preference to the folks getting married. 

Unless you can expedite your case- mentally prepare for a long wait. Trust me, it sucks waiting every month thinking something will change

1 hour ago, AndrewsN said:

Ya. This isn’t anything new or shocking for anyone in the Montreal Queue. My friend was also EB1- he is now in the US. His wait was about 16 months from DQ date. 

They operate on a first in, first out basis but then give preference to the folks getting married. 

Unless you can expedite your case- mentally prepare for a long wait. Trust me, it sucks waiting every month thinking something will change

Thanks again. Do you know what are the potential grounds that can be used to expedite a case?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.