Blueeyes1989

Montreal embassy EB-2 interview wait time-Part 2

2,618 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Coffeemocha said:

So no invitations have been sent for June? 

Still nothing sadly. But yesterday was victoria day. 

Last month someone got an invite on the 19th for the 1st. So not even 2 weeks notice. It just seems insane to leave it late when people in central Canada need to either fly for both the medical and the interview.

So hard to get time off work, flights and hotels booked, make plans for your animals when you are out of town and get yourself to montreal in less than 2 weeks.  And the medical needs done a certain number of working days prior to the interview. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

A couple of weeks isn't uncommon.  What's really annoying is if you're coming from the Prairies because you either have to travel to Dr. Cheema in BC or travel east.  We ended up booking medicals and staying in Montreal until our interview because it was more cost effective than flying back and forth on short notice. 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

My company may have a position for me that I want to take up in another geography. Would it impact my GC and timelines if I decide to take up the new opportunity in another country while waiting for the interview appointment.

Can i still come back and attend the interview in Montreal when the interview is scheduled. Or Do i need to move my case to the consulate of the other country. 

I am a canadian citizen. 

Has anyone been through such a situation? 

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
10 minutes ago, canadian85 said:

My company may have a position for me that I want to take up in another geography. Would it impact my GC and timelines if I decide to take up the new opportunity in another country while waiting for the interview appointment.

Can i still come back and attend the interview in Montreal when the interview is scheduled. Or Do i need to move my case to the consulate of the other country. 

I am a canadian citizen. 

Has anyone been through such a situation? 

You should be fine to keep it in Canada as long as you have legal status. I also live in Mexico even though I applied on my Canadian passport.

Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, Texasbound1 said:

You should be fine to keep it in Canada as long as you have legal status. I also live in Mexico even though I applied on my Canadian passport.

What is your priority date and DQ date? Are you waiting for ur Interview appointment as well? 

Edited by canadian85

Timeline
34 minutes ago, canadian85 said:

What is your priority date and DQ date? Are you waiting for ur Interview appointment as well? 

My priority date is April 18, 2022 and my DQ date is January 31, 2023. I hope to receive my interview letter in the next batch since the batch that was sent around April 17th included people DQ'd in December 2022 and the consulate in Montreal had a date of January 2023 for DQ of the majority of EB visa interview letters before they removed it.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Texasbound1 said:

My priority date is April 18, 2022 and my DQ date is January 31, 2023. I hope to receive my interview letter in the next batch since the batch that was sent around April 17th included people DQ'd in December 2022 and the consulate in Montreal had a date of January 2023 for DQ of the majority of EB visa interview letters before they removed it.

I think we had somebody here whose DQ was Jan 2023 and got an interview letter in the last batch, if I'm not mistaken 

3 minutes ago, canadian85 said:

What is your DQ date? Do we have a tracker in this forum where everyone can update their DQ and update when they get an IL? That way we can track the timeline overall

Yeah the excel spreadsheet is on page 1 of this blog. It was recently linked as well. Probably 2 or 3 pages back. 

40 minutes ago, a7medfx said:

Hi all, I am just trying to be updated on the latest info. Is it correct that the last batch of ILs were sent in April 2024 and so far in May 2024 no ILs have been sent based on the available info?

There was a small batch sent to IR on the 9th May. It seemed this covered the people they accidently missed last month. (Hence why they pulled the update off the website on May 7th)

However the rest of the groups including employment are still awaiting the June invites

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.