Blueeyes1989

Montreal embassy EB-2 interview wait time-Part 2

2,328 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Froozion said:

Some of the vaccines involve getting multiple doses, multiple months apart. You should look into what you need and book them sooner rather than wait for the medical appointment.

You are right, Froozion. I am sharing the link related to vaccinations. It might be helpful for others. Here is the list of vaccinations:

• COVID-19
  • Hepatitis A
  • Hepatitis B
  • Influenza
  • Influenza type b (Hib)
  • Measles
  • Meningococcal
  • Mumps
  • Pneumococcal
  • Pertussis
  • Polio
  • Rotavirus
  • Rubella
  • Tetanus and diphtheria toxoids
  • Varicella

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/vaccinations.html

6 minutes ago, Aaron_ said:

You are right, Froozion. I am sharing the link related to vaccinations. It might be helpful for others. Here is the list of vaccinations:

• COVID-19
  • Hepatitis A
  • Hepatitis B
  • Influenza
  • Influenza type b (Hib)
  • Measles
  • Meningococcal
  • Mumps
  • Pneumococcal
  • Pertussis
  • Polio
  • Rotavirus
  • Rubella
  • Varicella

Yeah! I'm not even sure a doctor could give you them all in one day. It's a lot! I'm sure your body would go into a panic with that many!

On 4/18/2024 at 10:49 AM, Froozion said:

For police records you must submit for any country you have lived whilst you were over the age of 16. 

For the Canadian police record it must be from the rcmp. Must be for personal use. And must not contain a photograph or fingerprints. 

Sorry, That is confusing (for personal use, must not contain a photograph or fingerprints). I submitted a Canadian police record to USCIS during the document review。 That police certificate had application type as "Visa-boarder cross-foreign travel-work“, and contained  photograph and fingerprints at the bottom. USCIS accepted that. Are you saying that one can not be used for interview? Thanks

7 minutes ago, rzchen said:

Sorry, That is confusing (for personal use, must not contain a photograph or fingerprints). I submitted a Canadian police record to USCIS during the document review。 That police certificate had application type as "Visa-boarder cross-foreign travel-work“, and contained  photograph and fingerprints at the bottom. USCIS accepted that. Are you saying that one can not be used for interview? Thanks

This is the one you need. The reason MUST say other. 

If you have any other police certificate you will get your visa refused and you will have to re submit this one! 

Screenshot_20240420_174359_Chrome.jpg

25 minutes ago, Froozion said:

Yeah! I'm not even sure a doctor could give you them all in one day. It's a lot! I'm sure your body would go into a panic with that many!

Interestingly, there is another list of vaccinations from Dr. Zatzman's office available in this link. https://img1.wsimg.com/blobby/go/3de7c467-ff5f-45e7-ab87-bd33a3835520/downloads/IMMFORM1.pdf?ver=1711047692560

13 minutes ago, Froozion said:

This is the one you need. The reason MUST say other. 

If you have any other police certificate you will get your visa refused and you will have to re submit this one! 

Thank you. Is there a web site to describe the requirement of Canadian police certificate used in Montreal interview?

15 hours ago, Froozion said:

I believe some doctors (or all) accept receiving the first dose of vaccines that require more than one dose.

So, perhaps getting thr first dose of what's needed before going to the doctor is a good idea.

15 hours ago, Aaron_ said:

• COVID-19
  • Hepatitis A
  • Hepatitis B
  • Influenza
  • Influenza type b (Hib)
  • Measles
  • Meningococcal
  • Mumps
  • Pneumococcal
  • Pertussis
  • Polio
  • Rotavirus
  • Rubella
  • Varicella

Please see the list because it varies per age group. I got mine done at Dr Lyndon Mascheranas at Toronto. If you check his website he has a form for each age group that needs to be signed by your family doctor or walk-in clinic doctor. Also there is a new change introduced lately. Even if you have all the COVID doses your last dose has to be within 12 months of the medical date. If not you will need a booster COVID dose. Also you do not need to take a dose if you have immunity. You can take the list of vaccines applicable to you and you can get an immunity test( I guess it’s called a titter test). If you have immunity you need to take the lab reports on day of medical and that will suffice. I had immunity for all except one so I just got that done. 

13 minutes ago, TheMaverick said:

Please see the list because it varies per age group. I got mine done at Dr Lyndon Mascheranas at Toronto. If you check his website he has a form for each age group that needs to be signed by your family doctor or walk-in clinic doctor. Also there is a new change introduced lately. Even if you have all the COVID doses your last dose has to be within 12 months of the medical date. If not you will need a booster COVID dose. Also you do not need to take a dose if you have immunity. You can take the list of vaccines applicable to you and you can get an immunity test( I guess it’s called a titter test). If you have immunity you need to take the lab reports on day of medical and that will suffice. I had immunity for all except one so I just got that done. 

@TheMaverick, where did you get the titer test done in Toronto and how much did it cost? 

1 hour ago, TheMaverick said:

Does this mean if you have immunity to Covid from a previous infection you do not need a vaccine or booster? Also, do children need Covid vaccines? We have 4 kids under 5yo that really don’t need that vaccine 

18 minutes ago, JBG123 said:

Does this mean if you have immunity to Covid from a previous infection you do not need a vaccine or booster? Also, do children need Covid vaccines? We have 4 kids under 5yo that really don’t need that vaccine 

Dr. Zatzman responded to my questions as follows:

The Immunization form details what vaccinations are required. 

https://img1.wsimg.com/blobby/go/3de7c467-ff5f-45e7-ab87-bd33a3835520/downloads/IMMFORM1.pdf?ver=1711047692560

You get whatever you are missing from your own doctor or Travel Clinic or Walk-in Clinic.
You can ignore the US State department website as they are out of date.
MMR and Hep B can be tested by blood work if no records available.
Tdap must be within 10 years and COVID-19 within 1 year.

7 hours ago, Aaron_ said:

Dr. Zatzman responded to my questions as follows:

The Immunization form details what vaccinations are required. 

https://img1.wsimg.com/blobby/go/3de7c467-ff5f-45e7-ab87-bd33a3835520/downloads/IMMFORM1.pdf?ver=1711047692560

You get whatever you are missing from your own doctor or Travel Clinic or Walk-in Clinic.
You can ignore the US State department website as they are out of date.
MMR and Hep B can be tested by blood work if no records available.
Tdap must be within 10 years and COVID-19 within 1 year.

Please note that no need to take all the vaccinations. You can take an immunisation blood test and it is acceptable for part of vaccinations such as Hepatitis B, MMR, and Varicella. You can ask your family physician to prepare requisition for this blood test. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.