Blueeyes1989

Montreal embassy EB-2 interview wait time-Part 2

2,277 posts in this topic

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
33 minutes ago, Characteristicall said:

Hello. I have a question about DS-260 visa application form. After submitting the DS-260 form, do we ever need to update it every 6 months? I heard from a friend that it is supposed to be updated every 60 days. Didn't know it, and wanted to check with you folks here. Thank you. 

My lawyer told me that the original is all you need to submit but any updates can be provided during your in person interview such as change of address etc.

Timeline

Timeline
22 minutes ago, Texasbound1 said:

Thanks for sharing this.
Looks like Seoul has issued 417 visas which is the highest number in E2 category in the world, but the rest of the posts are mostly single digits!!

Edited by Coco_2023

2 hours ago, Texasbound1 said:

They probably took off a bunch of time for american Thanksgiving. The numbers are usually pretty low in Nov and Dec. 

10 visas in a month is devastating though. I think that's some of the lowest I've seen it. 

Timeline
13 hours ago, LAB_BD said:

We are expecting a baby. My PD is in June 2021 and DQ is in October 2022. If I add my newborn baby, should I expect any delay with my case?  How can I add my baby after DQ?

I found this:

Can I include my children if they were not originally part of the case?

If the visa for which you are applying allows derivative children, your unmarried children under the age of 21 may be added as derivative applicants after your interview has been scheduled. You must directly contact the embassy/consulate to request specific instructions. At the interview the added applicant(s) will be required to pay the same fees, and submit the same forms and supporting documents as the original applicant(s).

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/step-10-prepare-for-the-interview/appointment.html#int12

I am currently waiting for the interview time from NVC ( DQ: Oct 30). My husband sponsor me to go through Follow To Join I824 process. As he was in EB1A category, my visa category fall into E1 category even if it is for family reunion.  Am I in the same line waiting for the interview as other employment based applicant who is sponsored by employer?  If yes, the waiting time is 1.5-2 years..... I am terrified. Anyone has similar experience? My PD is 2017.

Edited by JeanYu

On 12/22/2023 at 10:13 AM, JeanYu said:

I am currently waiting for the interview time from NVC ( DQ: Oct 30). My husband sponsor me to go through Follow To Join I824 process. As he was in EB1A category, my visa category fall into E1 category even if it is for family reunion.  Am I in the same line waiting for the interview as other employment based applicant who is sponsored by employer?  If yes, the waiting time is 1.5-2 years..... I am terrified. Anyone has similar experience? My PD is 2017.

As it is an employment based visa and not family the waiting time will be the same as employment. So you are likely in for a long wait at montreal. If you have the option to use a different consulate that would be best. 

9 hours ago, Froozion said:

As it is an employment based visa and not family the waiting time will be the same as employment. So you are likely in for a long wait at montreal. If you have the option to use a different consulate that would be best. 

If this is the case, what is the benefit of Follow-To-Join? The processing time for I824 should be faster then 130.

I am debate if I should file 485...

12 hours ago, JeanYu said:

If this is the case, what is the benefit of Follow-To-Join? The processing time for I824 should be faster then 130.

The benefit is the application is already approved. And you are therefore only waiting on the interview.

If you are in the US already on a legal visa the 485 makes more sense as you can apply for an ead and work authorization. However you cannot apply for the 485 from outside the US and you must go through consular processing 

Hello. I have a question on the DS-260 visa application form. When filling out the previous employments section in the DS-260 immigration visa application form, is it a huge problem if I forgot to include a 2-month long summer internship that took place ~9.5 years ago (still within the 10-year period)? Does anyone have any idea about what to do in this case? Thanks in advance. 

On 12/22/2023 at 1:13 PM, JeanYu said:

Sadly, yes. My wife and my daughter were in the same situation as you. I got my green card via EB2 when I was in the US. My wife went back to Canada to study so she couldn't get the green card with me. We decided to go with the I824 process which is initially faster than I130 but much slower when you are waiting for the interview at Montreal. The whole process took more than 2 years... Their DQ date was June 2021 and their interview date was July 2023. Unless the processing time dramatically changes, you will wait almost 2 years... If you were unlucky, you could get DS5535 and wait even longer...

Good luck and hopefully everything will go faster!

Edited by DrJh07

On 12/23/2023 at 11:00 PM, JeanYu said:

I saw your reply after posting my first reply. Yes, if you have other options than Montreal, you should choose another like 485. The only downside with 485 is that you can't leave the country while applying for 485 unless you get AP (advance parol). 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.