Blueeyes1989

Montreal embassy EB-2 interview wait time-Part 2

2,938 posts in this topic

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 10/5/2023 at 11:25 AM, AnnaSalu said:

1- Where did you get these stats from?

2- Unrelated to this, did anyone figure out why the Consular Operations Updates went back to Jan 2021 instead of Apr 2022?

Capture.PNG

Yes I did notice that weird change. Apparently, Montreal consular updates are not accurate. Please see the image of the Montreal Operation update page that I took last month.

Montreal Sept 2023.jpg

Timeline

I have emailed the Montreal consulate directly to inquire about when they anticipate the next batch of interview letters. Unfortunately I got the run around and was directed to USCIS. USCIS directed me back to the consulate so I am not expecting any clear information.

I just sent an inquiry to USCIS explaining the current interview letter delays for economic-based visa interviews and explained the nearly 5 months without any letters. Any response I receive I will post here. Perhaps if others send similar inquires it will make USCIS aware of the lack of priority for economic-based visas at the Montreal consulate and they may take action. I know this is a slim chance and wishful thinking but at least I feel like I am doing everything I can to highlight the struggles we are all facing.

If interested, here is the inquiry form: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/ask-nvc.html?wcmmode=disabled

1 hour ago, Texasbound1 said:

I have emailed the Montreal consulate directly to inquire about when they anticipate the next batch of interview letters. Unfortunately I got the run around and was directed to USCIS. USCIS directed me back to the consulate so I am not expecting any clear information.

I just sent an inquiry to USCIS explaining the current interview letter delays for economic-based visa interviews and explained the nearly 5 months without any letters. Any response I receive I will post here. Perhaps if others send similar inquires it will make USCIS aware of the lack of priority for economic-based visas at the Montreal consulate and they may take action. I know this is a slim chance and wishful thinking but at least I feel like I am doing everything I can to highlight the struggles we are all facing.

If interested, here is the inquiry form: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/ask-nvc.html?wcmmode=disabled

Thanks for sharing this! A few things:

1- The inquiry you have sent (and the link you provided) is to NVC, which is part of the Department of State, not USCIS.

2- That being said, I still believe you have done the right inquiry, since this is a matter that the Department of State should address, not the USCIS which is under the DHS.

3- You mentioned economic-based visa, did you mean employment based visa? This topic is for EB2 interviews which is "Employment Based".

Thanks again, I will also submit an inquiry.

Timeline
2 hours ago, AnnaSalu said:

Thanks for sharing this! A few things:

1- The inquiry you have sent (and the link you provided) is to NVC, which is part of the Department of State, not USCIS.

2- That being said, I still believe you have done the right inquiry, since this is a matter that the Department of State should address, not the USCIS which is under the DHS.

3- You mentioned economic-based visa, did you mean employment based visa? This topic is for EB2 interviews which is "Employment Based".

Thanks again, I will also submit an inquiry.

You are correct and I couldn't edit the message after I sent it. THe inquiry went to NVC which seems like the correct destination. 

Timeline
On 10/13/2023 at 2:57 PM, Texasbound1 said:

We may prepare a letter and send to the congress immigration subcommittee office: https://judiciary.house.gov/subcommittees/committee-judiciary/subcommittee-immigration-integrity-security-and-enforcement

I reviewed committees quickly, and think this subcommittee is the right one. There is another committee foreign affairs, but I don't think that it would have anything to do with the immigration affairs. 

Any comments, thoughts?

Edited by Matt77

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Matt77 said:

We may prepare a letter and send to the congress immigration subcommittee office: https://judiciary.house.gov/subcommittees/committee-judiciary/subcommittee-immigration-integrity-security-and-enforcement

I reviewed committees quickly, and think this subcommittee is the right one. There is another committee foreign affairs, but I don't think that it would have anything to do with the immigration affairs. 

Any comments, thoughts?

Edited by Matt77
typos

1 hour ago, Beatles27 said:

Hello, I need my case to be tracked, I have my DQ date as of Jan 2023, and on EB2 India. My priority date in Jan 5th 2011. I'm based out of Toronto, ay estimates on when my interview can happen? TIA

As your priority date is current for November. You are only waiting for montreal. Last months update said they were up to dq dates of apr 2022. They are moving on average 2 months per month. Therefore my best guess would be 5-6 months, so April or may 2024.

But montreal is completely inconsistent and not transparent. So that's just an optimistic guess. 

On 10/15/2023 at 8:52 AM, Matt77 said:

Any comments, thoughts?

Doesn't hurt. Let us know what you find, I will also look into this and share what I find. 

Timeline

I received a response from NVC today. It is very generic and doesn't do much to alleviate concerns. They did mention that interview scheduling is based on a first in first out basis which I think it commonly known.

Screenshot 2023-10-16 at 11.54.54 AM.png

9 minutes ago, Texasbound1 said:

I received a response from NVC today. It is very generic and doesn't do much to alleviate concerns. They did mention that interview scheduling is based on a first in first out basis which I think it commonly known.

I received the same response. I too sent an inquiry 

4 hours ago, Texasbound1 said:

Ah, frustrating. NVC seems to be just about copy paste template answers 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.