Blueeyes1989

Montreal embassy EB-2 interview wait time-Part 2

2,618 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, TheMaverick said:

Please hope for the worst possible outcome(say 2 years) , then if it gets done in 1.5 years you will be happy. Sorry for the negative comment, but Montreal is the worst of the worst of the worst. I have lost all hope. If you have any option of moving out of Montreal to any other VO, just do it. So I am DQ May 2022 and I am not expecting IL anytime soon

Thanks, it is disappointing, but looks like it is what it is...

6 hours ago, Froozion said:

Because most people who have been waiting years have dates which are current for green cards and our only hold up is montreal, not green card availability.

And: NVC schedules appointments with the consulate in the order they DQ cases. Let's say your priority date is 1 month after me, and we're both current. If you send your documents but I take longer to send them, who should be scheduled first? It would be you.

2 hours ago, AnnaSalu said:

And: NVC schedules appointments with the consulate in the order they DQ cases. Let's say your priority date is 1 month after me, and we're both current. If you send your documents but I take longer to send them, who should be scheduled first? It would be you.

I dont think so. Scheduling is done at consulates not NVC. If your PD is let’s say 01/2022, DQed 7/2023, you will be scheduled first than guys with PD 3/2022 DQed 4/2022. So that’s why PD is the most important one. But as Froozion said Montreal is so backlogged , many with current PD still have to wait for months. 

16 minutes ago, dt12 said:

I dont think so. Scheduling is done at consulates not NVC. If your PD is let’s say 01/2022, DQed 7/2023, you will be scheduled first than guys with PD 3/2022 DQed 4/2022. So that’s why PD is the most important one. But as Froozion said Montreal is so backlogged , many with current PD still have to wait for months. 

NVC will always invite basis DQ date provided your priority date is current as per the visa bulletin.

15 minutes ago, AnnaSalu said:

I wouldn't imagine it has anything to do with Canada. This is a US operation, happens to be in Canada. 

I guess compared to a lot of other countries, Montreal gets a lot of request from IR1/CR1 categories. This seems to be prioritized over other categories(this special priority started during COVID because of the president orders but was subsequently rescinded). If we see the monthly allocation, although IR/CR is being processed as of June 2023, there is still lot more capacity allocated to them rather than focusing on getting employment backlogs reduced. Some other VO's are processing employment really soon because they are not flooded with this IR/CR. They might have family preference but the monthly bulletin does not move a lot for family.

1 hour ago, TheMaverick said:

I guess compared to a lot of other countries, Montreal gets a lot of request from IR1/CR1 categories. This seems to be prioritized over other categories(this special priority started during COVID because of the president orders but was subsequently rescinded). If we see the monthly allocation, although IR/CR is being processed as of June 2023, there is still lot more capacity allocated to them rather than focusing on getting employment backlogs reduced. Some other VO's are processing employment really soon because they are not flooded with this IR/CR. They might have family preference but the monthly bulletin does not move a lot for family.

That seems to be exactly th case. I wonder if it's worth trying to launch a petition to ask USCIS / Department of State to add resources to Montreal or another Consulate General in Canada to assist with the backlog? Not sure if they care though.

5 hours ago, AnnaSalu said:

That seems to be exactly th case. I wonder if it's worth trying to launch a petition to ask USCIS / Department of State to add resources to Montreal or another Consulate General in Canada to assist with the backlog? Not sure if they care though.

I remember we signed a petition with 200+ people . Didn't expect a thing coming out of it, and I wasn't surprised either.

Basically, they don't care. So try to change the VO to some other place if you can (you have to be either a resident or citizen of another country)

Otherwise , I guess the best you can do is to either just completely forget about it or let it loose in their twitter timeline, so that at least you feel a little bit better. Though I personally recommend the former for your own long term sanity :D

10 hours ago, immishok said:

I remember we signed a petition with 200+ people . Didn't expect a thing coming out of it, and I wasn't surprised either.

Basically, they don't care. So try to change the VO to some other place if you can (you have to be either a resident or citizen of another country)

Otherwise , I guess the best you can do is to either just completely forget about it or let it loose in their twitter timeline, so that at least you feel a little bit better. Though I personally recommend the former for your own long term sanity :D

I wish I could move it to another post... 

22 minutes ago, TheMaverick said:

August stats are out and they are not looking good. Probably it was end of the year and they were running low on Employment visas available

image.png.3b44befb68fbd08289d609201fb48b23.png

1- Where did you get these stats from?

2- Unrelated to this, did anyone figure out why the Consular Operations Updates went back to Jan 2021 instead of Apr 2022?

Capture.PNG

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.