Blueeyes1989

Montreal embassy EB-2 interview wait time-Part 2

2,504 posts in this topic

Question for anyone who encountered this. We landed as PRs on the 7th of July at the Piece Bridge. They took our pictures, fingerprints. We got our SSN a week later. However, the GC hasn't been processed. When we sent an enquiry, they replied today saying, that they are missing our biometrics and now have to schedule an appt in the closest Application Centre, when they get availability. But we did give them our biometrics during the landing process. we called USCIS, but it will take a month to get a call from an officer back. Should we drive back to the Piece Bridge and try to find out what happened to our biometrics? Any suggestions? Thanks a lot! I feel like this immigration journey will never end..

3 hours ago, pilot787 said:

Question for anyone who encountered this. We landed as PRs on the 7th of July at the Piece Bridge. They took our pictures, fingerprints. We got our SSN a week later. However, the GC hasn't been processed. When we sent an enquiry, they replied today saying, that they are missing our biometrics and now have to schedule an appt in the closest Application Centre, when they get availability. But we did give them our biometrics during the landing process. we called USCIS, but it will take a month to get a call from an officer back. Should we drive back to the Piece Bridge and try to find out what happened to our biometrics? Any suggestions? Thanks a lot! I feel like this immigration journey will never end..

We entered the United States from Quebec to activate our green cards. There were three of us, but only my son's photo was taken. We and my wife were not taken, and all three of us did not have our fingerprints taken. I asked the officer at that time if I needed to take fingerprints? He smiled and said, do you want to take fingerprints? I'll record it for you. I smiled and said, no need. Later, we received our green cards smoothly.

Just for your reference, wish you good luck

2 hours ago, Froozion said:

October visa bulletin is out for anyone who is waiting for their priority date to become current. 

Thanks for the update. Finally I am current again(EB3 ROW July 2021)so back to the Montreal wait line. DQ date of May 2022 and Montreal has reached April 2022. Fingers crossed for next round of invites.

On 9/13/2023 at 4:42 PM, Lkkclub123 said:

We entered the United States from Quebec to activate our green cards. There were three of us, but only my son's photo was taken. We and my wife were not taken, and all three of us did not have our fingerprints taken. I asked the officer at that time if I needed to take fingerprints? He smiled and said, do you want to take fingerprints? I'll record it for you. I smiled and said, no need. Later, we received our green cards smoothly.

Just for your reference, wish you good luck

They actually were missing our pictures. Not sure why,  but they  needed to take them again. 

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Over 4 months since EB interview letters. I honestly do not understand what the holdup is. We pay for these services but have not agency to affect change. I keep hearing of some embassies/consulates handing out interview within week of DQ date. I really hope the next batch comes soon. Another email to the consulate incoming....

1 hour ago, Texasbound1 said:

Over 4 months since EB interview letters. I honestly do not understand what the holdup is. We pay for these services but have not agency to affect change. I keep hearing of some embassies/consulates handing out interview within week of DQ date. I really hope the next batch comes soon. Another email to the consulate incoming....

It is beyond frustrating. They made so much progress at the start of the year, then just nothing. I'd really hoped they were going to keep the same pace and was so disappointed. 

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, TheMaverick said:

Hey folks…are you getting the 60 day email from NVC. I received the last email in July and was expecting another update this month but nothing yet. 

I received one on September 1st but did not receive one for the previous quarter. Prior to that I received two others about 60 days apart. I wouldn't worry about it.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.