Blueeyes1989

Montreal embassy EB-2 interview wait time-Part 2

2,619 posts in this topic

On 9/2/2023 at 11:51 AM, ALC said:

If you can afford (time and money wise) to travel back to home for the medical and interview, I'd say do it, especially you aren't DQ'ed yet. Because depending on the consulate, when you move the case, some of the reset the DQ'ed date to the date of the move. It's as easy as sending a request to the NVC telling them you want to move the case. My lawyers tried to do it, and literally on the same day we sent the request, MTL sent the interview letter. 

I want to provide a word of caution that attending the consular interview at another foreign country does not necessarily mean you will receive GC either.

Also consider that you will have to take time off (at minimum 2 weeks), fly in at least 1-2 weeks before your interview for the medical exam, costs of accommodations and vacation etc.

Even if you've provided all documents, have never committed any crimes or even traffic violations, and don't have any ties to communist regimes or MENA countries, there is still a chance that your application could be placed in Administrative Processing (with DS-5535 under 221g). If so, be prepared to wait another 12 months or longer after the interview. Filing Writ of Mandamus ($5k USD) may not speed things along either if DOS files for dismissal of motion, which has been occurring more frequently these days.

This is what happened to me.

EB-2 NIW in AP since May 2023

• It is not possible to provide precise wait times for immigrant visa appointments, as facilities, staffing resources, and local conditions all affect capacity and scheduling.  As of September 05, 2023, most Immediate Relative and fiancé(e) visa cases being scheduled for interview in Montreal were documentarily complete at the National Visa Center in June 2023; most Family Preference cases with visa numbers available that are being scheduled for interview were documentarily qualified in March 2023; and most Employment cases scheduled for interview were documentarily complete in April 2022.

Finally some official progress January 2021- April 2022!

7 minutes ago, Froozion said:
  • It is not possible to provide precise wait times for immigrant visa appointments, as facilities, staffing resources, and local conditions all affect capacity and scheduling.  As of September 05, 2023, most Immediate Relative and fiancé(e) visa cases being scheduled for interview in Montreal were documentarily complete at the National Visa Center in June 2023; most Family Preference cases with visa numbers available that are being scheduled for interview were documentarily qualified in March 2023; and most Employment cases scheduled for interview were documentarily complete in April 2022.

Finally some official progress January 2021- April 2022!

Finally! That's a big jump from Jan 2021. Hopefully that backlog only gets smaller.

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Based on the latest Montreal consular update, most employment cases that were DQ in April 2022, were scheduled for an interview. I have been DQ for more than two years (June 2021) and my priority date is current (ROW, 2020); however, unfortunately, my interview has not been scheduled yet. Has anybody,with current priority date and DQ in 2021 or 2022, received interview letter this month?

By the way, I did not see any new info. on the spreadsheet.

3 hours ago, Matt77 said:

Based on the latest Montreal consular update, most employment cases that were DQ in April 2022, were scheduled for an interview. I have been DQ for more than two years (June 2021) and my priority date is current (ROW, 2020); however, unfortunately, my interview has not been scheduled yet. Has anybody,with current priority date and DQ in 2021 or 2022, received interview letter this month?

By the way, I did not see any new info. on the spreadsheet.

If your dq date is June 2021 and you haven't had your interview letter you should contact montreal. I know one other guy (KO7) in the spreadsheet whose dq date changed and I'm not sure why. So they didn't get an interview when they should have. 

Nobody in this group have been given an interview since may. But you should have been in that batch. 

I can see updates on the spreadsheet. I think the newest people having been dq'd in June 2023. There just have been no interview letters for months. 

51 minutes ago, ImanRS said:

Hello everybody,
I applied for EB2-NIW and I received an email from NVC on December 2022 that all documents are complete. Would you please let me know how long it take I receive Interview Letter?

Thank you.

welcome and fill out the form

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14yZKxht6igwJPXPU0EehKmmN2hx1g3EchEuB5G0yNO4/edit#gid=0

17 hours ago, ImanRS said:

Hello everybody,
I applied for EB2-NIW and I received an email from NVC on December 2022 that all documents are complete. Would you please let me know how long it take I receive Interview Letter?

Thank you.

If your priority date is current. I would assume you will be in the next batch of interviews. End of Sept or October most likely... 

13 minutes ago, Froozion said:

Check the us visa bulletin. It depends on which country you are born in. Your priority date needs to be current for a green card to be available. 

Thank you. I did. According to the "All Chargeability  Areas Except Those Listed" , the date shows 01 July 2022 under FINAL ACTION and 01 DEC 2022 Under DATES FOR FILING. So I think that my case is current. Will I have any chance to get the IL this year?

I was checking the spreadsheet and it shows it takes around 2 years from DQ date for EB-2 applicants.!!!

My priority date is 09 November 2021 while my DQ date from NVC is 19 December 2022.

Thank you.

20 minutes ago, ImanRS said:

Thank you. I did. According to the "All Chargeability  Areas Except Those Listed" , the date shows 01 July 2022 under FINAL ACTION and 01 DEC 2022 Under DATES FOR FILING. So I think that my case is current. Will I have any chance to get the IL this year?

I was checking the spreadsheet and it shows it takes around 2 years from DQ date for EB-2 applicants.!!!

My priority date is 09 November 2021 while my DQ date from NVC is 19 December 2022.

Thank you.

Therefore you are current. 

Montreal is currently dealing with eb visas that were dq'd April 2022. You are December 2022. Previously they have processed multiple months at a time. So my hope is you would be in the next batch of interview letters. 

But montreal hasn't been very reliable at much during this process. Best case you will have a letter by December. Worst case early next year. 

Please keep us updated when you do get the letter!

10 hours ago, dt12 said:

With this jump from Jan 2021 to April 2022 are they doing faster now? I am preparing docs to send and just wondering if I should transfer my case to my country of birth. Priority date is 07/2023, EB2NIW ROW

Montreal hadn't officially updated the dates they were processing since January, even though we had seen people be invited for an interview.

So in 8 months they processed 16 months. It just seemed like a large jump as their website had not updated. 

The hope is they will keep clearing the back log. But it's still very slow.

Assume they are processing 2 months per month and figure out if it's worth your time to transfer! 

43 minutes ago, Froozion said:

Montreal hadn't officially updated the dates they were processing since January, even though we had seen people be invited for an interview.

So in 8 months they processed 16 months. It just seemed like a large jump as their website had not updated. 

The hope is they will keep clearing the back log. But it's still very slow.

Assume they are processing 2 months per month and figure out if it's worth your time to transfer! 

How can I see the recent updates? Would you please share the Web link of Montreal office?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.