Blueeyes1989

Montreal embassy EB-2 interview wait time-Part 2

2,662 posts in this topic

19 hours ago, LYV said:

Hi Alice, 

My husband and I were put into a D5535 at our interview - meaning extended processing. I am hearing it could take up to a year to process, even though the officer quotes 2 weeks at the interview. 

You interview was 3 months ago according to the Google Sheet tracker, are you still in AP?

On 8/16/2023 at 9:34 AM, mam521 said:

There are only 2 printers that print GC's.  Passports can be printed in house at the passport offices.  Not sure why the GC's are taking so long.  Could be paperwork not being sent though from POE properly upon activation.  Who knows? 

Regardless, an endorsed I-551 serves as all evidence needed to begin work, get a SSN and travel in and out of the US for up to a year.  My GC took 177 days or something silly to arrive.  If you have not received it after 90 days, send an inquiry through your MyUSCIS account.  I also recommend signing up for USPS Informed Delivery.  They send the cards that way and I could see the envelope on Informed Delivery before they notified me that it was in the mail. 

You are going to have to pay the lease out and purchase the vehicle and then go through the importation steps.  As it is, you are going to have to find out if your insurer will allow you to have it in the US for that 6mo after you become a PR. Importing might not even be worth the effort, depending on the vehicle.  

Thanks for the info. We got the SSN within a week, so, it seems that they did process our files after we lansed. Hopefully, it won't take that long as 177 days, but with USCIS there is no hope...

On 8/16/2023 at 4:01 PM, LYV said:

Hi Alice, 

My husband and I were put into a D5535 at our interview - meaning extended processing. I am hearing it could take up to a year to process, even though the officer quotes 2 weeks at the interview. 

really? I was told by the visa officer that as long as I mailed back the passports and Canadian police certificate, they will issue the visa in 2 weeks. I’ve mailed back my family’s passports and police certificates.Still waiting…. But what got is 221 g, I didn’t get ds-5535

On 8/17/2023 at 11:58 AM, ALC said:

You interview was 3 months ago according to the Google Sheet tracker, are you still in AP?

@ALC

interview. 

Did you get ds-5535?I didn’t get it, what I got is 221 g. Do you know the difference? I was told by the visa officer that as long as I mailed back the passports and Canadian police certificate, they will issue the visa in 2 weeks. I’ve mailed back my family’s passports and police certificates.Still waiting…. 

17 hours ago, AliceVancouver said:

@ALC

interview. 

Did you get ds-5535?I didn’t get it, what I got is 221 g. Do you know the difference? I was told by the visa officer that as long as I mailed back the passports and Canadian police certificate, they will issue the visa in 2 weeks. I’ve mailed back my family’s passports and police certificates.Still waiting…. 

I got the proper DS-5535, since I needed SAO, I think, which is processed in DC... 

I think your case is simply they need one more piece of document and they will process the case locally in Montreal. 

Hi @ALC and friends,

My question is related as i got a 221 g due to my kid not vaccinated against covid, so visa officer asked us to submit passport and medical which we did. Wanted to inquire what's the approximate wait time for the passport to get back after visa stamping? my medical expiring in 2 months so wanted to make sure its received before that. 

Regards,

R

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

No interview letters for EB visas since May. My original guess when I got DQ'ed was that I would get mine in September and it looks like that may be the next round unless something comes this week for folks.

On 8/19/2023 at 1:35 PM, pilot787 said:

Thanks for the info. We got the SSN within a week, so, it seems that they did process our files after we lansed. Hopefully, it won't take that long as 177 days, but with USCIS there is no hope...

@pilot787, I remember you cometo US without the main applicant, could you let me know what happened after you come US?

On 8/28/2023 at 8:50 AM, Froozion said:

There are people who applied in Jan 2023 still waiting. Best guess would be spring/summer 2024. 

Wow - thats insane. Why are they not processing employment based category? Just a rhetorical outburst. Where did you find details that 
folks DQ'ed in Jan'23 haven't received IL yet?  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.