Blueeyes1989

Montreal embassy EB-2 interview wait time-Part 2

2,277 posts in this topic

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, Coco_2023 said:

Hi @ALL

Does anybody know how to get a 5yr travel history for the interview since seems like it is frequently asked during the interview so I'd like to get prep'd?

Use this site for all US travel history - https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/I94/#/home. The rest you will likely need to get from memory!

Edited by Texasbound1

Timeline
23 minutes ago, Texasbound1 said:

Use this site for all US travel history - https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/I94/#/home. The rest you will likely need to get from memory!

Thank you so much @Texasbound1

I thought they'd ask for all my international travels from Canada to other destinations than the States so I should have got it from Canada or something :)

2 hours ago, Coco_2023 said:

Hi @ALL

Does anybody know how to get a 5yr travel history for the interview since seems like it is frequently asked during the interview so I'd like to get prep'd?

I think searching your inbox for emails from any airline in the past 5 years?

EB-2 NIW in AP since May 2023

Timeline
On 8/10/2022 at 7:19 PM, Blueeyes1989 said:

Montreal embassy EB-2 interview wait time-Part 2

Continuation of this thread: 

Hello,

I have been checking the updates of the US Consulate in Montreal every month over the past year. Since last February or even earlier, the employment-based visas has not been progressed. The consulate updates keep stating "most Employment cases scheduled for interview were documentarily complete in January 2021." It seems the consulate has stopped scheduling EB1, 2 and 3 interviews even for those who are current. Does anybody have any idea what is going on at that consulate? 

20 hours ago, shara9c said:

Hello Folks: How long it takes USCIS status to show card has been mailed after activating green card. Does Status change right away or takes some time..?

We landed on July 7th, and the status hasn't changed yet. Still shows only that the fees are received. But we got the SSN in a week. Not sure why it's taking so long for the card to be printed. 

3 hours ago, pilot787 said:

We landed on July 7th, and the status hasn't changed yet. Still shows only that the fees are received. But we got the SSN in a week. Not sure why it's taking so long for the card to be printed. 

It's taking 13 weeks for an American Passport to be issued, I can't imagine the Green Card to take less than that, with the COVID backlog and now the surge... 

To be fair, my Canadian PR card took 3-4 months, if my memory serves me right; and at least the US IV is multi entry and can be used as a Green Card upon endorsement, which I don't think you can with the Canadian IV, but maybe one could travel with the COPR? I never tried. 

1 minute ago, ALC said:

It's taking 13 weeks for an American Passport to be issued, I can't imagine the Green Card to take less than that, with the COVID backlog and now the surge... 

To be fair, my Canadian PR card took 3-4 months, if my memory serves me right; and at least the US IV is multi entry and can be used as a Green Card upon endorsement, which I don't think you can with the Canadian IV, but maybe one could travel with the COPR? I never tried. 

I was checking the forum where others are sharing their timelines with GC, and it mostly takes 2 weeks - month. May be it also depends on the location of crossing. We had really bad experience with USCIS in general, when it took us 3 months to get a number with NVC, instead of 2 weeks. 

@ALL

I have interview on July 27 2023 at Montreal Consulate, I was requested to resubmit police certificate.

Attached is the instruction I got from visa officer.

The letter with instructions says to visit the following website https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-ca/iv 

then I am to look for instructions on sending documents to the consular section but I can’t find that anywhere on the website! 

can someone please help me find the section (sending documents to the consular)

Thanks

thumbnail_image0.jpeg

Edited by AliceVancouver

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
On 8/10/2023 at 1:33 PM, pilot787 said:

I was checking the forum where others are sharing their timelines with GC, and it mostly takes 2 weeks - month. May be it also depends on the location of crossing. We had really bad experience with USCIS in general, when it took us 3 months to get a number with NVC, instead of 2 weeks. 

There are only 2 printers that print GC's.  Passports can be printed in house at the passport offices.  Not sure why the GC's are taking so long.  Could be paperwork not being sent though from POE properly upon activation.  Who knows? 

Regardless, an endorsed I-551 serves as all evidence needed to begin work, get a SSN and travel in and out of the US for up to a year.  My GC took 177 days or something silly to arrive.  If you have not received it after 90 days, send an inquiry through your MyUSCIS account.  I also recommend signing up for USPS Informed Delivery.  They send the cards that way and I could see the envelope on Informed Delivery before they notified me that it was in the mail. 

On 8/13/2023 at 9:07 PM, farzady said:

I mean what should I do if I want to keep the car more than 6 months. what other options do I have if any?

You are going to have to pay the lease out and purchase the vehicle and then go through the importation steps.  As it is, you are going to have to find out if your insurer will allow you to have it in the US for that 6mo after you become a PR. Importing might not even be worth the effort, depending on the vehicle.  

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

On 6/15/2023 at 9:55 AM, AliceVancouver said:

@LYV @DeeM @msccccccc 

are you doing well with your interview? If possible, please share your interview experience.

Thank you.

Hi Alice, 

My husband and I were put into a D5535 at our interview - meaning extended processing. I am hearing it could take up to a year to process, even though the officer quotes 2 weeks at the interview. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.