Blueeyes1989

Montreal embassy EB-2 interview wait time-Part 2

2,328 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, SGtoMurica said:

I can share that we were able to re-enter the USA on a TN visa (valid till 2024) after our interview and despite our case being placed in AP. However, I am not sure if we are able to renew it if it expires in 2024 and we are still in AP.

This helps because at every entry the officer determines intent although regular crossing vs going for an interview are two different things. They have much more access and time at hand to go over your profile and if anything does not fit it’s completely at their discretion. There is nothing we can do about it

1 hour ago, TheMaverick said:

This helps because at every entry the officer determines intent although regular crossing vs going for an interview are two different things. They have much more access and time at hand to go over your profile and if anything does not fit it’s completely at their discretion. There is nothing we can do about it

You're right. The border officer did take a while to read through his case notes before granting us admission. We suspect is because they can see that our IVP was placed in AP / history of refused visa.

EB-2 NIW in AP since May 2023

1 hour ago, immishok said:

They filed a WoM about two  months after getting AP'ed and got their case cleared a month later.

Thanks!  Do you happen to know their timeline? I am now really interested in filing WOM as there has been no updates to our case in over 45 days, and its been 80+ days since AP.

EB-2 NIW in AP since May 2023

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, immishok said:

@LAB_BD @neds @Alex Nzo @Texasbound1 @ttt_mtl Hey Guys! Since you are the "next in line" , could you please update us if you have received the IL? Thanks 🙏

I haven't received anything but that is because my priority date is not current (retrogressed). I hope to hear something by the next round of ILs after this batch if the final action date for EB-2 is after my priority date. Right now I am retrogressed by 15 days.

I hope others have had some good news though - fingers crossed!

Edited by Texasbound1
added

Filed: E-2 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 7/28/2023 at 10:08 AM, immishok said:

@LAB_BD @neds @Alex Nzo @Texasbound1 @ttt_mtl Hey Guys! Since you are the "next in line" , could you please update us if you have received the IL? Thanks 🙏

no update, I assume I need to wait a few months more.

Edited by LAB_BD

3 hours ago, Buspilot320 said:

Hey neds. When was your DQ date? Mine is April 20....so I suppose at least another year or so wait for my IL.

Cheers

NOV 21, I think I will have to go through extra processing anyways, so I’d say yes maybe even more for my case. 

Edited by neds

46 minutes ago, Ibbs said:

Does anyone know how to check if your gc is printed?  I've tried googling but the USCIS website doesn't recognize my case number. 

Also, how long does it take from issued to printed.

https://egov.uscis.gov/

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/599824-receive-the-green-card-after-arrival-share-your-os155a-status/page/73/#comments

On 7/30/2023 at 8:17 PM, SGtoMurica said:

Asking you as you seem to be in the know. Any idea how long AP takes to clear without WOM?

I guess it would depend on your FSC among other things. But it's quite random, generally you should expect ~ 6 months on average (although officers tell applicants that it'll done in 60 days).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.