Blueeyes1989

Montreal embassy EB-2 interview wait time-Part 2

2,613 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, ALC said:

@New_123@lbbs Would you folks mind writing here once you have your passport+IV in hand? Seems like you both had your interview on Tuesday? My interview is on Wednesday next week, just wanted to get an idea on the turn around time so I can plan my move. Thank you!

I got the notification on Wednesday morning that a tracking number had been assigned (my interview was Tuesday am).  It became trackable Wednesday night.  My passport was delivered to the local Canada Post at 11am Thursday morning.  

19 minutes ago, ALC said:

@New_123@lbbs Would you folks mind writing here once you have your passport+IV in hand? Seems like you both had your interview on Tuesday? My interview is on Wednesday next week, just wanted to get an idea on the turn around time so I can plan my move. Thank you!

I had my interview on Monday. My package was ready for delivered to CPC today and ready for pickup at 12 noon.

13 hours ago, AliceVancouver said:

Do you know the reason?

do you know the reason?

I don't think anyone knows why they get 221g'ed, but I can guess given the current geopolitical environment and my undergrad/grad degree lol

How did yours go? Hope it was smooth!

Edited by ALC

On 2/27/2023 at 4:51 PM, Benham said:

My friends, the administrative processing has really caused problems for me. Do you think I can apply and get TN visa with my US job offer while my immigration visa is undergoing AP at Montreal? I'd really appreciate your thoughts on this Or if you can think of any other short term solution. 

(Btw, my case was NIW, so technically I didn't use my job offer for my EB2-NIW case)

Were you able to apply for a TN visa while your case is undergoing AP?

EB-2 NIW in AP since May 2023

I have a similar dilemma. My TN is due in October and basically have to get it renewed because I won’t get the IL. The option is getting it done at the border for 56 dollars or premium processing from within US which will cost me more than 5000 dollars because you have to be physically present in the US till a decision is taken. Doing it via USCIS is less risky whereas doing it at the border is super risky because you don’t know what mindset the officer is in. The only safe thing is because I have chosen consular processing there is no immediate intent but a future intent. Intent kicks in only once you attend the interview and the worst is to have it renew when in AP because now intent has kicked in. Any suggestions or opinions?

16 minutes ago, TheMaverick said:

I have a similar dilemma. My TN is due in October and basically have to get it renewed because I won’t get the IL. The option is getting it done at the border for 56 dollars or premium processing from within US which will cost me more than 5000 dollars because you have to be physically present in the US till a decision is taken. Doing it via USCIS is less risky whereas doing it at the border is super risky because you don’t know what mindset the officer is in. The only safe thing is because I have chosen consular processing there is no immediate intent but a future intent. Intent kicks in only once you attend the interview and the worst is to have it renew when in AP because now intent has kicked in. Any suggestions or opinions?

I can share that we were able to re-enter the USA on a TN visa (valid till 2024) after our interview and despite our case being placed in AP. However, I am not sure if we are able to renew it if it expires in 2024 and we are still in AP.

18 minutes ago, TheMaverick said:

Why do you need to do Premium Processing though? Can't you just start applying it now? 

10 hours ago, ALC said:

I don't think anyone knows why they get 221g'ed, but I can guess given the current geopolitical environment and my undergrad/grad degree lol

How did yours go? Hope it was smooth!

@ALC I got AP, but kind of easy, I need to resubmit police certificate, they said they need another kind of police certificate, I’m so surprised. But they said after I mail back police certicate and passport, they will issue visa in 2 weeks, no need to come back to consulate.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.