Blueeyes1989

Montreal embassy EB-2 interview wait time-Part 2

2,662 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, New_123 said:

Amazing! that should be the medicals then. 

Mine initially showed 6/16 while the doctor's office said they submitted it on the 19th. then it showed 6/21 late last night and now shows 6/22 - not sure what's happening. did anyone in the forum see this happen?

That seems to be very frequent... What's your country of chargeability? 

On 6/18/2023 at 6:48 PM, farzady said:

Is there any changes to your status to show your GC issued?

Did you request for SSN?

The status changed yesterday, but it’s very strange. Only two of my three members showed “Card is being Produced”, and one person still stay in “Visa fee is received”. One immigrant visa case numbers ,entered the United States to activate the green card at the same time. Pay the fees at the same time, is this normal? Or will it sync later?

WeChat 截圖_20230623115957.jpg

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 6/23/2023 at 12:07 PM, Lkkclub123 said:

The status changed yesterday, but it’s very strange. Only two of my three members showed “Card is being Produced”, and one person still stay in “Visa fee is received”. One immigrant visa case numbers ,entered the United States to activate the green card at the same time. Pay the fees at the same time, is this normal? Or will it sync later?

WeChat 截圖_20230623115957.jpg

thanks. I think the other should be changed soon.

Need your advice!  So, my husband was the primary applicant and on the visa it says that I can only follow him. We didn’t want to land right away, because we have to sell the house first. So, today I had layover in Houston, and I was going through the customs, and I was without my husband. The US officer saw my visa and said that he will try to bypass it to let me in, which did happen. However, 30 min later I got a call from Customs and Immigration. The officer was super nice, but said that they have to cancel all my previous US visas( I had 2 on my other passport), and that they have to activate my E22 visa. And that I will get greencard mailed to me. I told him that we are planning to cross the border in September, and that I haven’t even paid the fees. But he told me that now my Greencard is activated and asked for an updated address. I honestly, don’t understand how they could have activated it, though I’m not a principal applicant. And that’s what even says on the visa. And what am I supposed to do now, when we go to cross together in September? 
looking for any insights, please, because I’m very confused. 

5 minutes ago, pilot787 said:

Need your advice!  So, my husband was the primary applicant and on the visa it says that I can only follow him. We didn’t want to land right away, because we have to sell the house first. So, today I had layover in Houston, and I was going through the customs, and I was without my husband. The US officer saw my visa and said that he will try to bypass it to let me in, which did happen. However, 30 min later I got a call from Customs and Immigration. The officer was super nice, but said that they have to cancel all my previous US visas( I had 2 on my other passport), and that they have to activate my E22 visa. And that I will get greencard mailed to me. I told him that we are planning to cross the border in September, and that I haven’t even paid the fees. But he told me that now my Greencard is activated and asked for an updated address. I honestly, don’t understand how they could have activated it, though I’m not a principal applicant. And that’s what even says on the visa. And what am I supposed to do now, when we go to cross together in September? 
looking for any insights, please, because I’m very confused. 

Very sorry to hear about the confusion... But this seems to be one of those very niche thing that you might have to consult a lawyer for unfortunately... 

Did they cancel your previous visas and stamp your Immigrant Visa? If they stamped your IV, at least you can travel freely to the US as an LPR...

Just now, ALC said:

Very sorry to hear about the confusion... But this seems to be one of those very niche thing that you might have to consult a lawyer for unfortunately... 

Did they cancel your previous visas and stamp your Immigrant Visa? If they stamped your IV, at least you can travel freely to the US as an LPR...

Oh, I don’t really care about other visas, because they were Crew visa and Tourist visa, but with my Canadian passport I didn’t need them anymore. I just don’t understand.. how could they have processed me without the principal applicant. According to them, starting today I’m a US resident. It’s just what about the envelope with documents which I got from the consulate and the fees? I haven’t paid anything..

2 minutes ago, pilot787 said:

Oh, I don’t really care about other visas, because they were Crew visa and Tourist visa, but with my Canadian passport I didn’t need them anymore. I just don’t understand.. how could they have processed me without the principal applicant. According to them, starting today I’m a US resident. It’s just what about the envelope with documents which I got from the consulate and the fees? I haven’t paid anything..

I haven't had my interview yet, so don't know for sure - but I thought the immigrant packet now is electronic? Did they give you a physical envelope? 

They just don't produce the Green Card until you pay the fee I believe, so you can land without paying. 

But this is indeed a strange situation... 

Just now, ALC said:

I haven't had my interview yet, so don't know for sure - but I thought the immigrant packet now is electronic? Did they give you a physical envelope? 

They just don't produce the Green Card until you pay the fee I believe, so you can land without paying. 

But this is indeed a strange situation... 

yeah, that’s why I was a bit shocked🤷🏼‍♀️. We got envelopes..and on my visa it says, that I can’t land without my husband..Will see what’s going to happen ..0

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.