Blueeyes1989

Montreal embassy EB-2 interview wait time-Part 2

2,727 posts in this topic

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I did a bit of research in terms of Administrative Processing (AP) especially to see why and for whom it gets initiated and found the following links super informative, so sharing them here hopefully they would be helpful. 

https://www.greencardlawyers.com/answers_for/VisaProcessing/visasecuritychecks.html#The Visas Condor: Heightened Security Checks

https://www.greencardlawyers.com/answers_for/VisaProcessing/TALFieldsList.html

https://immigration.dinsmore.com/faq/travel/security-advisory-opinions

According to this, and reading some statistics here and there, the chances of me getting into the "Condor" security check which is done as part of AP would be %99 due to my field of work/education in addition to the fact that I was born in "T-7" countries and as it states it doesn't matter if I've got my Canadian citizenship nor the fact that I moved to Canada when I was 11.

@topman, @RKD, @Gha, @farzady, @Benham Are you guys still in AP?

Timeline
11 minutes ago, Coco_2023 said:

I did a bit of research in terms of Administrative Processing (AP) especially to see why and for whom it gets initiated and found the following links super informative, so sharing them here hopefully they would be helpful. 

https://www.greencardlawyers.com/answers_for/VisaProcessing/visasecuritychecks.html#The Visas Condor: Heightened Security Checks

According to this, and reading some statistics here and there, the chances of me getting into the "Condor" security check which is done as part of AP would be %99 due to my field of work/education in addition to the fact that I was born in "T-7" countries and as it states it doesn't matter if I've got my Canadian citizenship nor the fact that I moved to Canada when I was 11.

Oh, I forgot to mention, those who have educational background or worked in the "TAL" like myself who have a PhD in AI and am working in this field are subject to another security check called "Visas Mantis"...

7 minutes ago, Coco_2023 said:

I appreciate you sharing the informative links regarding the criteria for placing individuals on AP. Nevertheless, I respectfully disagree with the assertion made in the articles that cases are typically resolved within 30 days. There is compelling evidence indicating that AP cases involving DS-5535 requests have experienced prolonged waiting periods, extending for several months or even years, before obtaining clearance. In many instances, individuals are left with no alternative but to pursue costly writ of mandamus (WOM) lawsuits against the government.

Yes, my case was approved last month after a WOM lawsuit.  

Timeline
6 minutes ago, topman said:

I appreciate you sharing the informative links regarding the criteria for placing individuals on AP. Nevertheless, I respectfully disagree with the assertion made in the articles that cases are typically resolved within 30 days. There is compelling evidence indicating that AP cases involving DS-5535 requests have experienced prolonged waiting periods, extending for several months or even years, before obtaining clearance. In many instances, individuals are left with no alternative but to pursue costly writ of mandamus (WOM) lawsuits against the government.

Yes, my case was approved last month after a WOM lawsuit.  

Congrats!  So happy for you @topman

I think I'm gonna need to file the WoM lawsuit as well. Did you file it thru Hacking firm?   How much in total did the whole thing cost in USD?

8 minutes ago, Coco_2023 said:

Congrats!  So happy for you @topman

I think I'm gonna need to file the WoM lawsuit as well. Did you file it thru Hacking firm?   How much in total did the whole thing cost in USD?

Thanks! I filed with PIC law. The cost is 4500-5000USD depending on the complexity of the case. All the best!

Timeline
6 hours ago, Coco_2023 said:

yes, I am still in AP. Congrats @topman all the best.

On 5/22/2023 at 3:23 PM, New_123 said:

DS 260 is the immigrant application form that you fill and submit after NVC reaches out to you once they've received your I-140 approved petition. 

Yes, you need to register online after receiving your IL. 

If you get the documents sent to one of the pick up locations allowed after your immigrant visa has been approved, the service is free. If you choose a particular location that you want documents to be dropped off at after your immigrant visa has been approved, you can choose that at an additional cost.

Thanks so much. 

I have registered the service and booked an appointment at the Montreal Telus Health center. 

The nursed booked an appointment for me said that I need to get vaccinated before I go there. 

I donot have the vaccine booklet from my country. What should I do in case I need all these vaccines?

I look at the list 

• COVID-19
  • Hepatitis A
  • Hepatitis B
  • Influenza
  • Influenza type b (Hib)
  • Measles
  • Meningococcal
  • Mumps
  • Pneumococcal
  • Pertussis
  • Polio
  • Rotavirus
  • Rubella
  • Tetanus and diphtheria toxoids
  • Varicella

There are so many. She said the antibody test doesnot count. The nurse is very nice and keep giving me advice but I am confused by these vaccines. 

On 5/23/2023 at 9:52 AM, rcanada said:

Hello everyone, can someone please share a template for the employment letter that you may have used? It's for EB2. 

Any details that must be specified in the letter. Also, does the letter have to be hand signed or an electronically signed one also works (my company gives letters with scanned signatures).

Thanks for your help.

I have the same question

15 hours ago, jw5851 said:

Thanks so much. 

I have registered the service and booked an appointment at the Montreal Telus Health center. 

The nursed booked an appointment for me said that I need to get vaccinated before I go there. 

I donot have the vaccine booklet from my country. What should I do in case I need all these vaccines?

I look at the list 

• COVID-19
  • Hepatitis A
  • Hepatitis B
  • Influenza
  • Influenza type b (Hib)
  • Measles
  • Meningococcal
  • Mumps
  • Pneumococcal
  • Pertussis
  • Polio
  • Rotavirus
  • Rubella
  • Tetanus and diphtheria toxoids
  • Varicella

There are so many. She said the antibody test doesnot count. The nurse is very nice and keep giving me advice but I am confused by these vaccines. 

Go to your family and ask to get tested for all of them (you won’t be able to test for tetanus), the blood test will show if you are immune to them or not. It took a week for me to get the results. Tetanus has to be done once in 10 years. If you don’t remember, you have to do it. For Measles, Mumps, Rubella, you have to be immune to all 3 of  them, or you’ll have to get a vaccine. You don’t need influenza, because it’s not a flu season now. Polio i think is also only for kids. 

On 4/25/2023 at 12:07 AM, 3LabMom said:

@ACC24  - Did the site that you registered your interview at ever change from this:

image.png.5c401b1198b7c83db5888915c5d9f72c.png

CEAC was updated again today.  Still showing "Issued".  Of course I am anxious as we are hoping to leave in 13 days.

Did this status change to anything else at any point for you after the interview?

Hey everyone. I just went for my interview on Tuesday and was told in person they would issue our visas but then got an email the following day requesting more information regarding employment and travel. Once I started to re-think I realized I missed some due to a last minute driving trip to the US (Im from Canada) to visit a sick relative when her health decline, and also 2 times I was employed but were both not supposed to onboard me as an employee and only after talking with my account I realized I should have included these. I have re-sent the information which is hopefully accurate and up to date, but has anybody been in this situation? Am I back in the interview waitlist or will they process this once they review this and send my visas?

8 minutes ago, BrKi said:

Hey everyone. I just went for my interview on Tuesday and was told in person they would issue our visas but then got an email the following day requesting more information regarding employment and travel. Once I started to re-think I realized I missed some due to a last minute driving trip to the US (Im from Canada) to visit a sick relative when her health decline, and also 2 times I was employed but were both not supposed to onboard me as an employee and only after talking with my account I realized I should have included these. I have re-sent the information which is hopefully accurate and up to date, but has anybody been in this situation? Am I back in the interview waitlist or will they process this once they review this and send my visas?

This is very common with Montreal. It’s called administrative processing or AP. There is an entire thread dedicated on VJ for that. People have been in AP for 60 days to beyond a year. Lots of trigger point for AP so not sure what triggered in your case. Please search the thread The dreaded DS-5535 thread for Montreal 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.