Blueeyes1989

Montreal embassy EB-2 interview wait time-Part 2

2,662 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Multiple posts from the IR/CR1 Thread have been split off and merged to the EB2 thread. Please do not derail the IR/CR1 thread further.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

In the strangest twist of fate - I instructed my lawyers to submit a change of venue request from Montreal to Guangzhou (5/19), just got the IL overnight, dated 5/19, for 7/26.... Now I guess I should probably cancel that change of venue request lol. 

I guess they are waiting for this VB to come out and see if the EB2 numbers have stabilized, which looks like it did, before they schedule any interviews for EB2s.  

9 minutes ago, New_123 said:

I had a quick few questions: I have booked travel to the US using my non immigrant visa.

1.can we still travel to the US after we have got our IL? 

2.is it advised to do medical before or after travel to the US? or does it not matter when we do it?

Yes, you can travel to US. Travelled multiple times btw Canada and US, while waiting for my interview. They have never even mentioned once my immigrant visa. 

Don't think it matters when you do your medical. Just make sure to do it at least 3-2 weeks before your interview. 

2 minutes ago, pilot787 said:

Yes, you can travel to US. Travelled multiple times btw Canada and US, while waiting for my interview. They have never even mentioned once my immigrant visa. 

Don't think it matters when you do your medical. Just make sure to do it at least 3-2 weeks before your interview. 

thanks, @pilot787

just one quick question - did you travel after receiving your IL, or while waiting for IL?

that's great on the medical part! thank you so much! :) 

5 minutes ago, New_123 said:

thank you so much, @pilot787! this is great to hear :) 

I will try scheduling my medical before traveling just to be safe that they send it to the consulate on time.

Just keep in mind that it will be from the date of your medical, when you have 6 months to enter the US to land. We did our medical a month before the interview, and will have only 5 months, and hopefully selling the house will not take too long..

8 minutes ago, pilot787 said:

Just keep in mind that it will be from the date of your medical, when you have 6 months to enter the US to land. We did our medical a month before the interview, and will have only 5 months, and hopefully selling the house will not take too long..

ohh, got it. I completely forgot about that; thank you so much for letting me know about this. I will plan according to that :) 

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi all, new to the forum so excuse the probably repetitive question…I looked at the spreadsheet and just want to confirm I’m reading things right? Approximately 340 days to wait from when my documents were approved to when I may expect an interview in Montreal?

I’m a Canadian citizen living in Canada on the EB2 NIW visa application. Thanks for any clarification.

8 hours ago, DrJh07 said:

Just got the ILs(July 27) for my wife and my daughter!!! Finally, I can see the light at the end of the tunnel! 

Sorry I cannot access the sheet. Can you please confirm the DQ date

1 hour ago, New_123 said:

hi everyone, I also received my interview letter late overnight for July 17th. updated the excel sheet too.

Can you please confirm DQ date

2 hours ago, ALC said:

In the strangest twist of fate - I instructed my lawyers to submit a change of venue request from Montreal to Guangzhou (5/19), just got the IL overnight, dated 5/19, for 7/26.... Now I guess I should probably cancel that change of venue request lol. 

I guess they are waiting for this VB to come out and see if the EB2 numbers have stabilized, which looks like it did, before they schedule any interviews for EB2s.  

Could you please confirm dq date

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.