Blueeyes1989

Montreal embassy EB-2 interview wait time-Part 2

2,613 posts in this topic

25 minutes ago, shara9c said:

@ACC24 What was your DQ date? and do you know officially how much time we have to make final move to US after getting Green Card Processed at Border. I mean importing car, Car title transfer, License transfer,  Buying/renting house and relocate permanently. Any official guideline from USCIS..?

I hope someone else will chime in especially official guidelines from USCIS ( DQ date: March 2021)

At this point all we know is once your IV is activated, one needs to be physically present in US at least 6 months out of 1 year. Anything beyond 6 months out of US in a given year might create issues while applying for citizenship where they count number of days present in US but heard there are ways to work around when one reaches that stage if needed.

Excuse me, in order to reopen the DS-260, I wrote to Montreal, IV <Montreal-IV-DV@state.gov> ten days ago and got the following reply. Thank you for your inquiry to the Immigrant Visa Unit at U.S. Consulate General Montreal.

We are currently experiencing a larger than normal volume of emails. We will respond in the order that they are received. There is no need to resend your inquiry as it will only further delay response. Thank you for your patience.

I called U.S. Consulate General in Montreal today: 514-398-9695. Nobody answered the phone and heard the voice message of the immigrant visa project asking us to write an e-mail to them. Does anyone know of any other channels that can let them to open the permission to modify as soon as possible, or does anyone know how long I have to wait before I can let them open the permission, thank you

From submitting the DS-260 to the interview, it has been at least two years. Now we wiill interview,during the gap, do we need to update the DS-260 file again?  Such as study, work, place of residence, or even passport information(change a new passport)?  Or we don't need do anything for DS-260?

Please help me to answer this question, thank you

Filed: EB-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
57 minutes ago, Lkkclub123 said:

From submitting the DS-260 to the interview, it has been at least two years. Now we wiill interview,during the gap, do we need to update the DS-260 file again?  Such as study, work, place of residence, or even passport information(change a new passport)?  Or we don't need do anything for DS-260?

I had an address change and a new passport.  I made an errata sheet to bring with me and also printed the DS260 and changed made the changes on there as well.  It seems impossible to get them to let you update the DS260.  Guess I'll find out next week if this is sufficient.

2 hours ago, Lkkclub123 said:

As far I have understood & read in the forum, it appears like any updates made to DS-260 might push back the DQ date. It is better to carry all the evidence of the changes/updates to the interview and Interviewing officer has the ability to make those updates. Please consult your lawyer before making any such changes.

2 hours ago, ACC24 said:

As far I have understood & read in the forum, it appears like any updates made to DS-260 might push back the DQ date. It is better to carry all the evidence of the changes/updates to the interview and Interviewing officer has the ability to make those updates. Please consult your lawyer before making any such changes.

“As far I have understood & read in the forum, it appears like any updates made to DS-260 might push back the DQ date.”

If the interview letter has been received and the interview date has been confirmed, do you think that the revision of 260 will cause the interview date to be changed (pushed back)?

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

@Lkkclub123 I don't think we are allowed to make changes to the DS-260 application forms after we get the DQ letter from NVC. I had so many particulars that changed over the 2-year period, so I just made a note on a sheet of paper for my interview. But, I didn't have to use that or even look it up during the interview except for the address change.

~~

8 hours ago, agrisiva said:

@Lkkclub123我不認為我們在收到NVC 的 DQ 信件後可以更改 DS-260 申請表在 2 年的時間裡,我有很多細節發生了變化,所以我只是在一張紙上做了筆記以供面試。但是,除了地址更改外,我不必使用它,甚至在面試期間也不必查找它。

During the interview, did the consular officer specifically ask you about the missing information on the 260 for the past few years?

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
4 hours ago, Lkkclub123 said:

During the interview, did the consular officer specifically ask you about the missing information on the 260 for the past few years?

No, nothing in that regard. The officer didn't mention anything about the DS-260 during my interview, if I remember correctly. Every case is different, and so the officers know exactly what to ask and where to dig a little deeper. I would suggest you guys to go in confident and be honest and focus on your specific case. Be clear in what you did in the past and what you are going to do in the future. The officer will approve the case as long as there is no red flag or anything fishy. Simple and easy process overall except for the extensive delay of course. 

~~

On 3/31/2023 at 1:18 PM, ALC said:

Got a standard form letter response from a low level Inquiry Management contractor at NVC, asked my lawyers to follow up with Montreal. 

"This case is documentarily complete, which means the NVC has all the documents we requested. Your application is waiting for an interview appointment, where a consular officer will adjudicate it.

The U.S. Embassy or Consulate provides the National Visa Center (NVC) with a list of available appointment dates and times.  We will schedule your case for an interview appointment when an appointment date is available.  We schedule appointments on a first in, first out basis.  After we schedule your appointment, we will forward your case to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate General in MONTREAL

We cannot predict how long it will take to schedule your appointment, but we will notify the applicant, the petitioner, and your attorney (if applicable) when an appointment is scheduled.  Your case will stay at NVC until that time."

Hi @ALC, did your lawyers hear back from Montreal?

I am thinking of sending an email as well. Did your lawyers raise a public inquiry form with NVC or email them? I was wondering which email ID we should reach out to (in the case of NVC and Montreal), and what sort of content we should have in there since the consular updates still say January 2021, while we have seen cases DQ-ed as of March 2022 getting ILs. Any help on this would be great :) 

5 minutes ago, New_123 said:

Hi @ALC, did your lawyers hear back from Montreal?

I am thinking of sending an email as well. Did your lawyers raise a public inquiry form with NVC or email them? I was wondering which email ID we should reach out to (in the case of NVC and Montreal), and what sort of content we should have in there since the consular updates still say January 2021, while we have seen cases DQ-ed as of March 2022 getting ILs. Any help on this would be great :) 

I haven't heard from them re: a response from Montreal, and they have always been communicating within 24 hours, so I assume Montreal has ghosted them. I don't have any information on how they are communicating with NVC and Montreal unfortunately. 

1 hour ago, ALC said:

I haven't heard from them re: a response from Montreal, and they have always been communicating within 24 hours, so I assume Montreal has ghosted them. I don't have any information on how they are communicating with NVC and Montreal unfortunately. 

Thanks, @ALC :) Hopefully, your lawyers hear back soon and you get your IL! 

1.Does anyone here know which email ID we should reach out to? is it NVCInquiry@state.gov for NVC, and Montreal-iv-dv@state.gov for Montreal?

2.Any idea what sort of content the email should have since the consular updates still say January 2021, while we have seen cases DQ-ed as of March 2022 getting ILs.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.