Blueeyes1989

Montreal embassy EB-2 interview wait time-Part 2

2,627 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, immishok said:

@LetsGoFast @Monash  @Ibbs @DrJh07  @Alice Any IL news ? EB1s are getting invited with DQ's early 2022. I thought you should have gotten your ILs too,  although I guess some of you guys became victims of the latest retrogressions :(  .
Please let us know. 
 @ALC I assume you didn't get yours either? 

No I didn't, unless it was exclusively sent to my lawyers' office. I actually prefer not to interview until June, so this worked out serendipitously.

But even though my PD is still current for EB2 China, it's a bit concerning with the recent EB2 retrogression. There is a possibility that DOS wanted to see how many EB2 numbers USCIS will use after they switched to using Final Action Date for I-485, thus delaying the EB2's consular interviews by a couple of months. Time will tell... 

Also, don't see you in the tracker, would you mind adding yourself? 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14yZKxht6igwJPXPU0EehKmmN2hx1g3EchEuB5G0yNO4/edit#gid=0

Edited by ALC

37 minutes ago, DeeM said:

Hi everyone,

Got the IL yesterday. DQ'd in Feb 2022. 

Does anyone here have any experience of rescheduling/deferring the interview for a few months? 

Given the recent movement in cut off dates, unless you ABSOLUTELY have to delay, I'd grab a green card as soon as you are able to. Who knows what's gonna happen in the next a few months, or even the next fiscal year... 

1 hour ago, ALC said:

No I didn't, unless it was exclusively sent to my lawyers' office. I actually prefer not to interview until June, so this worked out serendipitously.

But even though my PD is still current for EB2 China, it's a bit concerning with the recent EB2 retrogression. There is a possibility that DOS wanted to see how many EB2 numbers USCIS will use after they switched to using Final Action Date for I-485, thus delaying the EB2's consular interviews by a couple of months. Time will tell... 

Also, don't see you in the tracker, would you mind adding yourself? 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14yZKxht6igwJPXPU0EehKmmN2hx1g3EchEuB5G0yNO4/edit#gid=0

I am no longer interviewing at MTL hence why I am not in that spreadsheet. But this pattern of not inviting EB2s is concerning to me, I can't say for sure it's happening at my embassy yet, but it looks like sth is afoot at MTL, and am trying to see if this is gonna happen everywhere. 
EDIT: BTW, do you happen to know when that switch to final action dates happened for USCIS?

Edited by immishok

55 minutes ago, immishok said:

I am no longer interviewing at MTL hence why I am not in that spreadsheet. But this pattern of not inviting EB2s is concerning to me, I can't say for sure it's happening at my embassy yet, but it looks like sth is afoot at MTL, and am trying to see if this is gonna happen everywhere. 
EDIT: BTW, do you happen to know when that switch to final action dates happened for USCIS?

The switch happened for April VB. Given the significant delay in April VB coming out and the timing of the IL, my guess is they were trying to figure out the demand for EB-2 across all CoC, and trying to slow down the visa number usage, hence skipping the EB2's for this round given the volatility, they are half way through the FY, probably just the visa control office trying to manage the EB2 surge a bit before it's too late. 

My speculation is that as long as your CoC isn't India, you should be fine, this could also be wishful thinking lol

Just now, ALC said:

The switch happened for April VB. Given the significant delay in April VB coming out and the timing of the IL, my guess is they were trying to figure out the demand for EB-2 across all CoC, and trying to slow down the visa number usage, hence skipping the EB2's for this round given the volatility, they are half way through the FY, probably just the visa control office trying to manage the EB2 surge a bit before it's too late. 

My speculation is that as long as your CoC isn't India, you should be fine, this could also be wishful thinking lol

That sounds reasonable. Then hopefully they should have figured it out by now, and start inviting the EB2s again.

1 minute ago, immishok said:

That sounds reasonable. Then hopefully they should have figured it out by now, and start inviting the EB2s again.

I think they will in the next round or two, if you read the item D in both the March and April VB, it really sounds like since USCIS got their together and drastically increased their processing capacity, they got too aggressive in using the Date for Filing for I-485, and since you can get AP/EAD with I-485 filed, it doesn't matter for those people that much, so this retrogression kinda screws over the people doing IVP a bit.

But in a way I assume it's also done to preserve some visa numbers for the consulates as well, so as long as your PD is before the Final Action Date, you should be fine now, but fingers crossed... 

Just now, ALC said:

I think they will in the next round or two, if you read the item D in both the March and April VB, it really sounds like since USCIS got their together and drastically increased their processing capacity, they got too aggressive in using the Date for Filing for I-485, and since you can get AP/EAD with I-485 filed, it doesn't matter for those people that much, so this retrogression kinda screws over the people doing IVP a bit.

But in a way I assume it's also done to preserve some visa numbers for the consulates as well, so as long as your PD is before the Final Action Date, you should be fine now, but fingers crossed... 

Indeed my lawyer also thinks that based on the relatively less aggressive language re: possibility of future retrogression used in the April VB, the dates should stay as they are for a while. So hopefully that also means EB2s will get invited again. 

Of course we won't know for sure that EB2s got screwed in this and the past few months until the visa stats are out for Feb-Mar-Apr, but given EB1s jumped almost a year this time, my guess is they did skip inviting the EB2s for this round.

5 minutes ago, TheMaverick said:

Someone in the forum is EB3 ROW DQ’d March 2022 got IL. So why are we saying only EB1 moved a year? 

I wasn't looking at the EB3s, and I didn't say only EB1s moved a year :) But thanks for pointing that out, both EB1/3 are current so it makes sense for them to move together indeed.

8 hours ago, immishok said:

@LetsGoFast @Monash  @Ibbs @DrJh07  @Alice Any IL news ? EB1s are getting invited with DQ's early 2022. I thought you should have gotten your ILs too,  although I guess some of you guys became victims of the latest retrogressions :(  .
Please let us know. 
 @ALC I assume you didn't get yours either? 

No... Sadly still at NVC... This is depressing... EB2s are getting screwed...

Hello everyone, I found that I also received an interview letter. My DQ day is February 2022, EB3. I would like to ask :
in Montreal
1. Where should the medical examination be done?
2. Where to get vaccinated, we don’t have previous injection records, so we should have to get re-vaccinated
3. Where should I apply for the Police Certificates?

I heard a while ago that it takes a long time to get result. I am worried that there will be a delay. I wonder how long it will take to get the results now? Please recommend, thank you very much!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, Lkkclub123 said:

Hello everyone, I found that I also received an interview letter. My DQ day is February 2022, EB3. I would like to ask :
in Montreal
1. Where should the medical examination be done?
2. Where to get vaccinated, we don’t have previous injection records, so we should have to get re-vaccinated
3. Where should I apply for the Police Certificates?

I heard a while ago that it takes a long time to get result. I am worried that there will be a delay. I wonder how long it will take to get the results now? Please recommend, thank you very much!

1.  There are only a couple of approved immi medical providers in Canada.  On the spousal forum, it's been stated that the recommendation is to NOT have your medical done in Montreal at this time because Telus health aren't delivering the medical packets in a timely manner. 

2. I don't know if you have enough time to have a titres test done to determine which vaccines you might need.  Contact your local health authority.  Many pharmacies also give vaccines.  Timing wise, you might not have enough time for multiple series vaccines.  

3.  Commissionaires seems to be one of the fastest places to get the PRC completed.  

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

23 minutes ago, mam521 said:

1.  There are only a couple of approved immi medical providers in Canada.  On the spousal forum, it's been stated that the recommendation is to NOT have your medical done in Montreal at this time because Telus health aren't delivering the medical packets in a timely manner. 

2. I don't know if you have enough time to have a titres test done to determine which vaccines you might need.  Contact your local health authority.  Many pharmacies also give vaccines.  Timing wise, you might not have enough time for multiple series vaccines.  

3.  Commissionaires seems to be one of the fastest places to get the PRC completed.  

Thank you for your information
1. Can you give me the link to the spouse forum discussion on TELUS Health Care Centres?
2. I just searched for the medical examination hospital in Montreal, but found two different information(Web page and PDF), so is there another option besides TELUS Health Care Centres?

file:///C:/Users/pipic/Desktop/%E6%A1%8C%E9%9D%A2/%E6%96%B0EW3/MTL%20-%20Montreal.pdf

QUEBEC
Medisys Corporate Health LP
500 Sherbrooke St. West, 11th Floor
Montreal, QC, H3A 3C6

Unfortunately, I live in Montreal, I can only choose to have a physical examination in Montreal

3. Can antibody tests and vaccinations be carried out in general pharmacies in advance, and then go to designated places for physical examinations?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.