Blueeyes1989

Montreal embassy EB-2 interview wait time-Part 2

2,626 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, KDEE said:

Yeah, I am being impacted by the retrogression of EB2 category. I had put so many things on hold considering it’s just matter of time to get the IL and get over with the process but now not sure how long the wait would be.

This whole process has been very draining and daunting.

Any idea if this has any impact on the DQ date?

Hi @KDEE sorry to hear that. I totally understand your situation as I'm also in a similar situation. May I ask what is your priority date and also your DQ date?

@KDEE

you should be fine as your dq is established and it is Jan 2022.

Anyways it will take a few months for this date dq to be picked up for interview.

By then the pd dates hopefully will move fwd again.

Most likely in the new fiscal year oct 2023 - new visas are allocated and dates should move forward again then if not before.

10 hours ago, msccccccc said:

Interestingly, I got interview letter from NVC today. DQ date is March 2022, so I didn't expect the interview to be scheduled this early. Interview date is in late May. EB3 ROW, US employer.

Congrats and all the best for the interview. Thanks for sharing the good news. I am guessing you are not from healthcare sector else you would have got it much earlier. Do you have any information on getting a new letter from the employer for employment. Do you know what the content on the letter should be. Is it just confirming that they are still ready to employ you or is it just like the initial offer letter when you joined them on a non immigrant visa 

6 hours ago, TheMaverick said:

Congrats and all the best for the interview. Thanks for sharing the good news. I am guessing you are not from healthcare sector else you would have got it much earlier. Do you have any information on getting a new letter from the employer for employment. Do you know what the content on the letter should be. Is it just confirming that they are still ready to employ you or is it just like the initial offer letter when you joined them on a non immigrant visa 

Thank you. I have been employed by the same petitioner for the last 6 years. I was in Chicago, but got unlucky with H1B draw for 3 consecutive years, and I transferred to Canada office under the same company in 2020. I initiated GC process in 2019 when I was still in Chicago when I failed my 2nd attempt for H1B. Once I go back to US, I will be employed by the same company. I'm not sure yet what the content of the offer letter will be. I need to talk to my lawyer whether I need an offer letter before I go to the interview, but I am assuming it will be an offer letter for the current position I'm holding, but just that the offer is from US headquarter. Hope this helps.

Congratulations, @msccccccc! :) This is great news! Hoping the rest for whom DQ is before Mar 2022 receive their IL in the coming week.

20 minutes ago, msccccccc said:

Thank you. I have been employed by the same petitioner for the last 6 years. I was in Chicago, but got unlucky with H1B draw for 3 consecutive years, and I transferred to Canada office under the same company in 2020. I initiated GC process in 2019 when I was still in Chicago when I failed my 2nd attempt for H1B. Once I go back to US, I will be employed by the same company. I'm not sure yet what the content of the offer letter will be. I need to talk to my lawyer whether I need an offer letter before I go to the interview, but I am assuming it will be an offer letter for the current position I'm holding, but just that the offer is from US headquarter. Hope this helps.

I believe it'll be the same (or similar) letter that was submitted to NVC, which would include the position you will be joining in the US with your employer. It should be dated within a month of your interview date, if I'm right.

Edited by New_123

Hi All,

Just got my IL today morning, for May end interview date. Glad to see the end in sight. I have a quick question for the experts, thanks in advance for the guidance.

1- can i pick the medical date myself or its more on the available slots at the doctor? I am thinking to do medical 2 weeks prior to appointment as i believe the visa stamp is 6 months from the day of medical. so that gives me some more time to plan my landing. Also I am based in toronto and there are a few options to get the medical done, any preferred one based on personal experience?

2- I have my covid vaccine proof, but know that I have done all vaccinations back home incl Hep A,B.  Should I just reach out to my family doctor for the antibody test? would this antibody test cover everything or are there some specific tests i need to get done?

RCMP should be fairly quick so I am not worried about that but still any watch outs here ?

Thanks and good luck to all waiting for their ILs.

Best,

Edited by MR.R

On 3/24/2023 at 11:56 PM, msccccccc said:

Interestingly, I got interview letter from NVC today. DQ date is March 2022, so I didn't expect the interview to be scheduled this early. Interview date is in late May. EB3 ROW, US employer.

Congrats! I created a line for you in the tracker (line 58), linked below. Would you mind adding your info there please? 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14yZKxht6igwJPXPU0EehKmmN2hx1g3EchEuB5G0yNO4/edit#gid=0

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.