Blueeyes1989

Montreal embassy EB-2 interview wait time-Part 2

2,662 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, kachab said:

Hi @DTCC

In my case, the status was stuck for almost 8 months at "Immigrant fee paid". After it finally changed to "Card being produced", it went fairly quickly. Three days later it changed to "Card was mailed to me" and got my card in hand a day or two after that. When it changed to "Card being produced" my attorney had told me it could take about two weeks after that to get the card. You can wait a bit more or simply call USCIS at 800-375-5283 (and say "Infopass" to speak to someone) to see if this 2-week delay is currently normal. They will probably tell you to wait a bit longer. You could also try filing the e-request. However, I am not sure if the system will allow you to submit it since you are well within the 90 days. 

The good news is that since your status changed to "Card being produced", they surely have all the documents and fingerprints they need to proceed with the card production. I would think it it just a matter a waiting a bit longer for the cards to arrive. 

Thank you @kachab. I do not have confidence with USICS process until I receive my card in hand hence thought to check with you to make sure any follow-ups need to be done sooner rather than later.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
On 3/16/2023 at 10:45 PM, bichu said:

I am new here. Quick question my 6 year old son is a US citizen and wondering if we can take him with us to immigrant visa interview. Any one who are the same situation/has info on this can you please provide your inputs.

Only those who are required/listed on the interview letter will be allowed into the Consulate.  Best if you find a sitter to stay with your 6yo.  

Please fill in your timeline.  It will help others to provide you with more accurate answers when you have questions.  https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=444744

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Based on the consular updates, DQ month for EB category is January 2021. But I just checked the excel sheet and it seems that most of people who got their DQ by August 2021 received their invitation letter. Does that mean we can be optimistic that the process is speed up or it is just a coincidence?

On 3/21/2023 at 10:25 AM, jimmy2k said:

Thank you @TheMaverick

Do my US employer needs to be submit I-864(Affidavit of Support)  alongwith my civil documents?

Where do i get the mailing info from?I haven't been requested by NVC to send anything yet?

CEAC.jpg

@jimmy2k Once the case is with NVC and priority date is current, typically NVC sends the letter asking for the next steps - payment of the fees, filling out of DS 260 and documents to be submitted. For EB based category, like @TheMaverick mentioned one needs to mail the documents ( no option to upload). The address to submit the documents will be in the same letter ( I remember it was Sterling, VA in our case)

EB based category( petitioner is US employer) no need to submit  I-864 ( Affidavit of Support) documents. Employment letter from the employer dated within a month at the time of interview is sufficient.

Hello Friends,

the priority date for eb2 India retrogressed to jan 2011 as per April 2023 visa bulletin.

my 824 recently got approved after 15 months. (my pd was current for last 14 months and now it got retrogressed)

I am waiting for NVC to generate fee bill number.

Does the pd need to be current for nvc to request documents/pay fee bill ?

or will they hold again for dates to become current again?

I was hoping once DQ is done atleast DQ date would be established and in line for IL ? For IL I understand pd should be current.

please provide any inputs based in your experience. Thanks!

Edited by mm_101

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

@mm_101 my understanding is that the Priority Date should stay current until you go for the in-person interview at the consulate and the visa was issued. I know its insane 🤮

~~

1 hour ago, mm_101 said:

Hello Friends,

the priority date for eb2 India retrogressed to jan 2011 as per April 2023 visa bulletin.

my 824 recently got approved after 15 months. (my pd was current for last 14 months and now it got retrogressed)

I am waiting for NVC to generate fee bill number.

Does the pd need to be current for nvc to request documents/pay fee bill ?

or will they hold again for dates to become current again?

I was hoping once DQ is done atleast DQ date would be established and in line for IL ? For IL I understand pd should be current.

please provide any inputs based in your experience. Thanks!

I am very sorry about your situation, I think there is another member on this forum that was affected, his/her interview was scheduled for April, but the Final Action date retrogressed to before his/her PD... show of a situation that Montreal has created... 

WRT your situation, as long as your PD is before the Date for Filing, NVC will issue invoice and asking for all the civil document. Hopefully the cut off dates will advance again after October, fingers crossed for you!

14 minutes ago, ALC said:

I am very sorry about your situation, I think there is another member on this forum that was affected, his/her interview was scheduled for April, but the Final Action date retrogressed to before his/her PD... show of a situation that Montreal has created... 

WRT your situation, as long as your PD is before the Date for Filing, NVC will issue invoice and asking for all the civil document. Hopefully the cut off dates will advance again after October, fingers crossed for you!

Its very unfortunate situation but whole of immigration process of frustating long waiting times is brutally cruel for everyone.

Agree with @ALC on the priority date/date of filing/ final action date and NVC considers date of filing to send out the invoice/ civil document details. Hopefully all works in your favor soon!

Hi,

My husband had his EB3 based follow to join interview today and he was put under administrative processing. Reason CO mentioned was since I changed my employer after getting GC and he should have been sponsored by the same employer. I worked for my previous employer for 2 years after getting GC and took new employment last year as per suggestions from lawyers. Thought F2J should have been simpler process and even after waiting for this many years, we are still uncertain about whats gonna happen.

They kept his passport and asked him to wait 2-3 weeks to hear back from them.

3 hours ago, F2J_March said:

Hi,

My husband had his EB3 based follow to join interview today and he was put under administrative processing. Reason CO mentioned was since I changed my employer after getting GC and he should have been sponsored by the same employer. I worked for my previous employer for 2 years after getting GC and took new employment last year as per suggestions from lawyers. Thought F2J should have been simpler process and even after waiting for this many years, we are still uncertain about whats gonna happen.

They kept his passport and asked him to wait 2-3 weeks to hear back from them.

Sorry to hear, but hopefully it should be cleared within couple weeks since they have your passport. 

Thank you for your replies.

I see that the date of filing is still current where as final action date has retrogressed.

Hoping nvc will continue with the process so that dq gets established. Anyways there is an additional waiting of 1.5 yr to 2yr after dq for IL

for IL its understandable pd - final action date should be current for visa availability.

Yeah, I am being impacted by the retrogression of EB2 category. I had put so many things on hold considering it’s just matter of time to get the IL and get over with the process but now not sure how long the wait would be.

This whole process has been very draining and daunting.

Any idea if this has any impact on the DQ date?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.