Blueeyes1989

Montreal embassy EB-2 interview wait time-Part 2

2,662 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, ACC24 said:

1. does one need a family doctor for getting an antibody titer test done, or are there any walk in clinics where we can get this done?  - We got it done with our family doctor and have heard it can be done at any walk-in clinics too

2. any suggestions on where one can get the antibody titer test done in downtown Toronto? - Not aware of walk-in clinics that provide this service in downtown Toronto, maybe try calling local muncipal health authorities that might redirect you or suggest you to the right person/place

3. how much does it cost to get this done per person? Covered by OHIP

thank you so much, @ACC24 :) this is really great information! given the time to get a family doctor now is taking forever, knowing that walk-in clinics are able to provide an antibody titer test is great. Would doing this test in walk-in clinics also be covered via OHIP?

16 hours ago, New_123 said:

thank you so much, @ACC24 :) this is really great information! given the time to get a family doctor now is taking forever, knowing that walk-in clinics are able to provide an antibody titer test is great. Would doing this test in walk-in clinics also be covered via OHIP?

I guess so, maybe you can confirm once you get it done :)

@ACC24, sorry to trouble you again. Based on Dr. Cheema's website (https://www.drgulzarcheema.com/index-3.html), 

"IMPORTANT NOTE:  The vaccines that each applicant requires is based on the age of each applicant. Please ensure that you understand that the vaccine LIST you received encompasses ALL the vaccines required to enter the United States from birth to 65 years and older. In order to determine what YOU need to immunized for, depends on YOUR age /age group as listed in this attachment.

For example: if you are between the ages 27-49, then you ONLY need to be immunized for TDAP, MMR(measles, mumps and rubella), Varicella (not needed if you had chicken pox) and the Flu Shot (only when in season Oct- Feb, annually)
"

• If one is between the age group of 27-49, then do we need to show proof of all vaccinations that come before that age group as well, or do we only need to show proof for TDAP, MMR, Varicella and Flu shot (during flu season)?
  • If one is in that age group (27-49), do we only need to get immunized for TDAP, MMR, Varicella and Flu shot (in case we aren't vaccinated) even if we haven't been immunized for, as an example, Hep A (which shows up under age group 12-23 months)?

Thank you :) 

Filed: EB-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
3 hours ago, New_123 said:

@ACC24, sorry to trouble you again. Based on Dr. Cheema's website (https://www.drgulzarcheema.com/index-3.html), 

"IMPORTANT NOTE:  The vaccines that each applicant requires is based on the age of each applicant. Please ensure that you understand that the vaccine LIST you received encompasses ALL the vaccines required to enter the United States from birth to 65 years and older. In order to determine what YOU need to immunized for, depends on YOUR age /age group as listed in this attachment.

For example: if you are between the ages 27-49, then you ONLY need to be immunized for TDAP, MMR(measles, mumps and rubella), Varicella (not needed if you had chicken pox) and the Flu Shot (only when in season Oct- Feb, annually)
"

• If one is between the age group of 27-49, then do we need to show proof of all vaccinations that come before that age group as well, or do we only need to show proof for TDAP, MMR, Varicella and Flu shot (during flu season)?
  • If one is in that age group (27-49), do we only need to get immunized for TDAP, MMR, Varicella and Flu shot (in case we aren't vaccinated) even if we haven't been immunized for, as an example, Hep A (which shows up under age group 12-23 months)?

Thank you :) 

We only need to show proof of the vaccinations appropriate for the age group we are in, not any of the ones required in prior age groups.

Hello everyone:

I was on AOS journey before moving to Canada,now became Canadian Citizen.

EB2-IND, I-140 PD:Feb 2011.

Filed and approved I-824 and got a case # from NVC(didn't get a welcome letter,got case# from webform inquiry).

Completed CEAC payment and filled DS-260, shows PAID/COMPLETED.

What is the next step?There is no option to upload document, will i be approached by NVC next or do i need to call?

Help appreciated!!

18 minutes ago, jimmy2k said:

Hello everyone:

I was on AOS journey before moving to Canada,now became Canadian Citizen.

EB2-IND, I-140 PD:Feb 2011.

Filed and approved I-824 and got a case # from NVC(didn't get a welcome letter,got case# from webform inquiry).

Completed CEAC payment and filled DS-260, shows PAID/COMPLETED.

What is the next step?There is no option to upload document, will i be approached by NVC next or do i need to call?

Help appreciated!!

You will need to mail the documents. For employment category there is no option to upload

3 minutes ago, TheMaverick said:

You will need to mail the documents. For employment category there is no option to upload

Thank you @TheMaverick

Do my US employer needs to be submit I-864(Affidavit of Support)  alongwith my civil documents?

Where do i get the mailing info from?I haven't been requested by NVC to send anything yet?

CEAC.jpg

On 3/19/2023 at 9:36 PM, New_123 said:

If one is in that age group (27-49), do we only need to get immunized for TDAP, MMR, Varicella and Flu shot (in case we aren't vaccinated) even if we haven't been immunized for, as an example, Hep A (which shows up under age group 12-23 months)?

Vaccines for COVID-19 and Hep B are also required for that age group.  Hep A vaccine is not required.  Note that there is a vaccine brand that is actually a combo Hep A & Hep B vaccine, so you may get vaccinated for both, depending on the brand you get.

2 hours ago, Chancy said:

Vaccines for COVID-19 and Hep B are also required for that age group.  Hep A vaccine is not required.  Note that there is a vaccine brand that is actually a combo Hep A & Hep B vaccine, so you may get vaccinated for both, depending on the brand you get.

Thank you, @Chancy :) I understand. yes, so for ages 18 - 64, we would need proof for the following:

• Hepatitis B (only till 59 years of age)
  • Covid-19
  • MMR
  • TDAP
  • Varicella
  • Flu shot (only required if medicals are being done during flu season)

Hi @kachab Just want to clarify: The status of the receipt number being shown as 'Card being produced'  for both me and my wife but sitting with same status for close to two weeks now. Guess you shared your experience sometime back stating that you had to submit forms online and did multiple follow-ups with USCIS to obtain your card. The follow-ups happened after the status was updated to 'Card being produced' Or your status was not updated at all after 90 days?

Thanks for your time and help!

1 hour ago, DTCC said:

Hi @kachab Just want to clarify: The status of the receipt number being shown as 'Card being produced'  for both me and my wife but sitting with same status for close to two weeks now. Guess you shared your experience sometime back stating that you had to submit forms online and did multiple follow-ups with USCIS to obtain your card. The follow-ups happened after the status was updated to 'Card being produced' Or your status was not updated at all after 90 days?

Thanks for your time and help!

Hi @DTCC

In my case, the status was stuck for almost 8 months at "Immigrant fee paid". After it finally changed to "Card being produced", it went fairly quickly. Three days later it changed to "Card was mailed to me" and got my card in hand a day or two after that. When it changed to "Card being produced" my attorney had told me it could take about two weeks after that to get the card. You can wait a bit more or simply call USCIS at 800-375-5283 (and say "Infopass" to speak to someone) to see if this 2-week delay is currently normal. They will probably tell you to wait a bit longer. You could also try filing the e-request. However, I am not sure if the system will allow you to submit it since you are well within the 90 days. 

The good news is that since your status changed to "Card being produced", they surely have all the documents and fingerprints they need to proceed with the card production. I would think it it just a matter a waiting a bit longer for the cards to arrive. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.