Blueeyes1989

Montreal embassy EB-2 interview wait time-Part 2

2,627 posts in this topic

Question about the Visa Bulletin Priority Date. According to NVC, our Priority Date is 05-OCT-21, but when I checked the visa bulletin, it shows that for Eb-2 category, priority date is 01Dec2022. In summer it was sitting at Current status, but this fall they changed from C to 01Nov2022 and this month it went to 01Dec22. My question is, based on which date the interview is being scheduled now? Does it mean, we are still current? 

Really hoping to get an answer...

Edited by pilot787

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

In regards to the photo we need to take to the interview, does anyone know if there is any pre-setting already on shoppers (drug Store)? Usually, you ask for a passport photo from a specific country and they have the specification already. Is he one we need to take the same as for a US passport? I doubt they have a setting of a green card

2 hours ago, pilot787 said:

Question about the Visa Bulletin Priority Date. According to NVC, our Priority Date is 05-OCT-21, but when I checked the visa bulletin, it shows that for Eb-2 category, priority date is 01Dec2022. In summer it was sitting at Current status, but this fall they changed from C to 01Nov2022 and this month it went to 01Dec22. My question is, based on which date the interview is being scheduled now? Does it mean, we are still current? 

Really hoping to get an answer...

EB2 ROW retrogressed, and for March VB, the final action date cut off is Nov. 1st, 2022. Interview is scheduled based on the currency of the final action date, so you are current from that stand point. But the queue for the interview is FIFO based on your DQ date, depending on what that is, that'd determine when you might get you IL. 

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 3/10/2023 at 2:39 AM, BGO said:

Yes. And I did not have a second citizenship at the time

Hello,

I am wondering what benefit it has to acquire several citizenship?

I already asked similar question on the forum but I guy did not feel like answering me.

I am asking this because I will be in a situation where I will be able to apply for Canadian citizenship at the time when I possibly receive IL for interview. Going through the US immigration and Canadian citizenship will be both tedious. 
since most people will pursue American citizenship after migrating to the US, what is the point for acquiring Canadian one? 

Thanks.

23 minutes ago, Rezasoe said:

Hello,

I am wondering what benefit it has to acquire several citizenship?

I already asked similar question on the forum but I guy did not feel like answering me.

I am asking this because I will be in a situation where I will be able to apply for Canadian citizenship at the time when I possibly receive IL for interview. Going through the US immigration and Canadian citizenship will be both tedious. 
since most people will pursue American citizenship after migrating to the US, what is the point for acquiring Canadian one? 

Thanks.

Hi, 

I think it's not an easy question to answer and everyone might have a different opinion.

The political issue between US and Iran's government during the past few decades is nothing new but it escalated during the past few years. To obtain a visa, work permit, permanent residency,... in the USA or any other country there is a need for background check but if you are Iranian based on united state government website  Iranian police certificates are unreliable since they can not verify them so you do not need to provide a police certificate from Iran. It only make sense that the background check for Iranian would be longer and this is what we even see in this group for Iranian nationals or dual citizens. Having a second citizenship means that they can check you through a trusted country and might make the process faster/easier.

Also, some passports doesn't allow you to travel visa-free to many countries, if you have a work-related travel, seminars, workshops, conferences,... coming up while you hold a green card you need to get a visa every single time meaning you need to plan 3-4 months ahead, getting appointment, filling forms,... 

Consider the fact that you can apply for U.S citizenship only after 5 years (unless your spouse is American) and there is another background check for citizenship that might take longer than others...(if another pandemic doesn't happen and make the wait time longer), see what is best for you and  make an informed decision.

I do not have much of information about other nationalities, their passport strength and the diplomatic relationship with the USA, so I can not speak for others. 

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
10 hours ago, CiEb2 said:

In regards to the photo we need to take to the interview, does anyone know if there is any pre-setting already on shoppers (drug Store)? Usually, you ask for a passport photo from a specific country and they have the specification already. Is he one we need to take the same as for a US passport? I doubt they have a setting of a green card

I just got back from a local London Drugs store. When I said I need pictures for the US passport or US visa, the guy at their photo lab immediately said it will be 2x2 and he knows what to do. He didn't even look at my printout of the photo specifications template that I took with me. 

~~

Hi everyone!

I wanted to check with you all about the antibody titer test for vaccination proof. 

1. does one need a family doctor for getting an antibody titer test done, or are there any walk in clinics where we can get this done? 

2. any suggestions on where one can get the antibody titer test done in downtown Toronto?

3. how much does it cost to get this done per person?

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
4 hours ago, CiEb2 said:

@agrisivaThanks. I actually got mine from shoppers. They actually had that setting there too.

the guy at the London Drugs put a rubber stamp with the date and their location on the back of my 2 photos. Do you guys know if that is ok? Any experience from our seniors who went through the interview?

~~

On 3/13/2023 at 2:41 PM, New_123 said:

Hi everyone!

I wanted to check with you all about the antibody titer test for vaccination proof. 

1. does one need a family doctor for getting an antibody titer test done, or are there any walk in clinics where we can get this done? 

2. any suggestions on where one can get the antibody titer test done in downtown Toronto?

3. how much does it cost to get this done per person?

does anyone have any information on any of this? it would really be helpful :) thanks.

2 hours ago, New_123 said:

does anyone have any information on any of this? it would really be helpful :) thanks.

2 hours ago, New_123 said:

1. does one need a family doctor for getting an antibody titer test done, or are there any walk in clinics where we can get this done?  - We got it done with our family doctor and have heard it can be done at any walk-in clinics too

2. any suggestions on where one can get the antibody titer test done in downtown Toronto? - Not aware of walk-in clinics that provide this service in downtown Toronto, maybe try calling local muncipal health authorities that might redirect you or suggest you to the right person/place

3. how much does it cost to get this done per person? Covered by OHIP

On 3/13/2023 at 3:01 PM, agrisiva said:

the guy at the London Drugs put a rubber stamp with the date and their location on the back of my 2 photos. Do you guys know if that is ok? Any experience from our seniors who went through the interview?

I think it should be okay, just shows that the photos are recent ( consulate needs photos taken within 6 months i suppose). Our photos have that info on the back as well.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.