Blueeyes1989

Montreal embassy EB-2 interview wait time-Part 2

2,626 posts in this topic

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Just now, ALC said:

it was there, but someone deleted it carelessly. In fact, I own this spreadsheet and was created by me and its still sitting on my Google drive. 🙄

~~

31 minutes ago, agrisiva said:

by the time I got the confirmation email from Dr. Cheema, I see my NVC status updated with a new date on the line...
Case Last Updated: 01-Mar-2023...

image.png.a14980ee504fad10e6496d34a6ad8594.png

Good to know that last updated date is a confirmation about our medical report being received by the consulate. I checked ours and it shows the updated date a week after our medicals ( which is after our doctors office confirmed that they sent the reports). Thanks!

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

It’s nice to see interviews being scheduled. I’m cautiously optimistic that the backlog will continue to decrease quicker and quicker

1 hour ago, Yss said:

Yes this is my question, please let me know if you have any experience with applying for TN, while in IVP. Thanks 

Yes there was someone on this same blog who got his TN renewed when waiting for IVP. experiences can vary depending upon the person you meet. It’s best to do it a major border crossing at around the first half of the day. Call the border to ensure there is a NAFTA Agent present. They are more experienced then the regular folks. I’ve heard the airport too is a good place to apply. I had a bad experience at Niagara the first time round. Was rejected for a document that was not needed. Returned with the document this time at buffalo and got hold of a nafta agent and that guy did not even look at that document for which the first guy rejected me. The safest option is to get a renewal done from within US via USCIS but during the renewal process you cannot leave US. The way to expedite is using premium processing and the renewal will be done in 15 days. However the cost is way more. The renewal fee is approx 400$ and premium processing is 2500$. If you do it at the border it’s approx 70$ but the risk is really high depending upon who you meet. 

Filed: E-2 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
43 minutes ago, TheMaverick said:

Yes there was someone on this same blog who got his TN renewed when waiting for IVP. experiences can vary depending upon the person you meet. It’s best to do it a major border crossing at around the first half of the day. Call the border to ensure there is a NAFTA Agent present. They are more experienced then the regular folks. I’ve heard the airport too is a good place to apply. I had a bad experience at Niagara the first time round. Was rejected for a document that was not needed. Returned with the document this time at buffalo and got hold of a nafta agent and that guy did not even look at that document for which the first guy rejected me. The safest option is to get a renewal done from within US via USCIS but during the renewal process you cannot leave US. The way to expedite is using premium processing and the renewal will be done in 15 days. However the cost is way more. The renewal fee is approx 400$ and premium processing is 2500$. If you do it at the border it’s approx 70$ but the risk is really high depending upon who you meet. 

What about applying for the first time while waiting for IVP? Am I eligible for TN visa in this case?

Filed: E-2 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

@KDEE

No I did not receive an IL.  Pretty disappointed. 

I'm wondering if my delay might be attributed to my DQ changing from Oct'20 to Sept'22.    My past two NVC update letters reference this date.  Not at all sure why it changed.  We did not submit new information.   Very frustrating.

I sent a request for expediting email referencing this change in DQ date.  Let's see if anything comes of it...

As background, I'm a Canadian living in Canada but commuting to the US for work under an H1-B.  

21 hours ago, Lkkclub123 said:

Why are so many people their DQ Day are before August 2022, not receiving interview letters till now? Is it because they are not working for American companies in Canada or because they are not in the medical-related industry?

As per the EB tracker spreadsheet people DQ'ed till Aug 2021 have received IL's. However, there are couple of them who did not received their IL's though their DQ date is either Aug 2021 or before and not sure of the reason behind it 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.