Blueeyes1989

Montreal embassy EB-2 interview wait time-Part 2

2,662 posts in this topic

Filed: EB-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
9 minutes ago, RamosL said:

Hi, when was your DQ date?

Mine was from November 2022 and no interview letter was sent to me yet...is it safe to assume that for DQ sent late last year will be called for an interview in 2-3 months?

They are still processing 2021 cases.  I think it will be a bit of a wait yet for 2022.  I'd guess at least another 4 or 5 months.  All depends on how quickly they move.  Seems to be that they are clearing about 3-4 months at a time.

4 minutes ago, 3LabMom said:

They are still processing 2021 cases.  I think it will be a bit of a wait yet for 2022.  I'd guess at least another 4 or 5 months.  All depends on how quickly they move.  Seems to be that they are clearing about 3-4 months at a time.

Oh Lord.

I don't know what else to do with all of this... I thought about transferring the case to another consulate in my home country but it might become challenging for us to do that...and in the process, what if they end up asking for more documents, etc...

13 hours ago, RamosL said:

Oh Lord.

I don't know what else to do with all of this... I thought about transferring the case to another consulate in my home country but it might become challenging for us to do that...and in the process, what if they end up asking for more documents, etc...

They don't. I have done that myself and it went smoothly. Just do a public inquiry,  and state that you are a citizen of that country, and you have attached the proof of  that, meaning your passport and birth certificate (with translation if needed), and therefore you are eligible for a change of venue for IVP from Montreal to the US embassy/consulate in your country that processes IVs. Don't need to add any other comment or anything like "it would be easier for me to go there" or whatever. The fact that you are a citizen establishes your eligibility.
The only thing you should be thinking about are wait times and whether the chances of getting AP'ed is higher or not. I assume officers in your own country would be more familiar than those in MTL with your case, so your chance of immediate visa approval should be higher.

Edited by immishok

1 hour ago, Yss said:

Hello, has anyone tried to apply for TN visa while waiting for their interview to be scheduled in Montreal? I heard that you may not be eligible for TN visa because of it's a non immigration visa.

Doing IVP itself, counterintuitively, is actually evidence of NOT having immigrant intend, for NIV purposes. But the application of that is obviously resting with the individual CBP officer adjudication your case at the border. 

1 hour ago, ALC said:

Doing IVP itself, counterintuitively, is actually evidence of NOT having immigrant intend, for NIV purposes. But the application of that is obviously resting with the individual CBP officer adjudication your case at the border. 

Ture, I think there might be some cases in this forum who got IV approved when they had TN visa

Question to all who completed their medicals - typically the physician's office sends out the completed medical report to consulate directly.  Is there any way or process to know if the consulate received it or not? Trying to be cautious to avoid any surprises on the day of interview though our doctors office mentioned over the phone that our medical reports are sent to the consulate.

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
10 minutes ago, ACC24 said:

Question to all who completed their medicals - typically the physician's office sends out the completed medical report to consulate directly.  Is there any way or process to know if the consulate received it or not? Trying to be cautious to avoid any surprises on the day of interview though our doctors office mentioned over the phone that our medical reports are sent to the consulate.

by the time I got the confirmation email from Dr. Cheema, I see my NVC status updated with a new date on the line...
Case Last Updated: 01-Mar-2023...

image.png.a14980ee504fad10e6496d34a6ad8594.png

Edited by agrisiva

~~

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.