Blueeyes1989

Montreal embassy EB-2 interview wait time-Part 2

2,891 posts in this topic

We finished our medicals with Dr. Randall Lee in Ontario. It was a fairly quick and easy process as long as one has all immunization records clear. Only Hepatitis B is recently introduced as a requirement, myself and my wife got checked at our doctor's office for immunity( Titer test) I was good but my wife did not have immunity, so she took the Hep B vaccine ( 1st dose in the series) before we went to our medical appointment.

At Dr. Lee's office, they asked for our passports, interview letter, vaccination proof records and any prescribed medications list. They do not ask for photos instead took our picture. Once all our records were checked and updated at the front office, we were called in to meet Dr. Lee. He went over our vaccine records and confirmed we both have all required vaccines ( including Covid and flu shots), did a preliminary physical check with basic questions and finally said we are all good and they will call us back in a week before they are ready to send it to the consulate. We had to do the chest X-ray in the basement of the same building which will be added to our medical report. All in all it took 2.5 -3hrs and front office staff were pretty good. Happy to answer any questions related to medicals.

Next stage is getting ready for the most awaited big interview :)

3 hours ago, DrJh07 said:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14yZKxht6igwJPXPU0EehKmmN2hx1g3EchEuB5G0yNO4/edit#gid=0

If you click on the bottom tab named Interview Questions, you will be able to see the typical questions that they will ask.

I'm not sure how different the questions from the embassy will be compared to USCIS but my feeling is that the questions will be very similar.

I did my green card interview (EB2-NIW) in the USCIS office in Boston and I thought it was a big waste of time.

They asked me about my job and I had to explain what kind of research that I was doing (I'm a scientist).

After that, they literally ask me questions that were on my application like "1- If I was part of an organization that wanted to harm to the US government or 2- if I was part of a terrorist organization or 3- if I was in a polygamist relationship".

Just be honest and the interview process should be fairly straight forward.

Thanks a lot, will take a look at it!

Hypothetical situation which seems crazy to explain but it is what is when most of us are stuck waiting for IV interviews/ approvals for prolonged years ….. kindly share your valuable inputs/suggestions based on your expertise or research understanding  US LPR and Canadian citizenship timelines. Please tag any senior members of the group as needed for better response/clarity.

-Montreal interview for EB2 scheduled for Mar 2023 both for myself and my wife ( same case number) for which I had to reschedule my Canadian citizenship oath ceremony that was before US consulate interview ( considering there might be potential conflicts explaining situation wrt to changes in citizenship at the US consulate interview)

-My wife got her Canadian citizenship ceremony now ( we had applied separately for Canadian citizenship) and we are again in a big dilemma whether we should reschedule for her as well or not - What might be the implications if one of our citizenship has changed than what is entered on DS 260? Will this affect the principal applicant(me) too since we both are under same case number and my wife is a dependent in IV process?

-If we are approved at the Montreal, we are planning to resume our Canadian oath ceremony process right after we cross the border to activate IV. However there is always an "IF" situation if our case gets stuck in AP causing delays. In that scenario, can we resume our Canadian oath ceremony process? How this might affect our IV situation when the timeline is highly uncertain on AP'd cases?

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 2/15/2023 at 11:13 AM, ACC24 said:

We finished our medicals with Dr. Randall Lee in Ontario. It was a fairly quick and easy process as long as one has all immunization records clear. Only Hepatitis B is recently introduced as a requirement, myself and my wife got checked at our doctor's office for immunity( Titer test) I was good but my wife did not have immunity, so she took the Hep B vaccine ( 1st dose in the series) before we went to our medical appointment.

At Dr. Lee's office, they asked for our passports, interview letter, vaccination proof records and any prescribed medications list. They do not ask for photos instead took our picture. Once all our records were checked and updated at the front office, we were called in to meet Dr. Lee. He went over our vaccine records and confirmed we both have all required vaccines ( including Covid and flu shots), did a preliminary physical check with basic questions and finally said we are all good and they will call us back in a week before they are ready to send it to the consulate. We had to do the chest X-ray in the basement of the same building which will be added to our medical report. All in all it took 2.5 -3hrs and front office staff were pretty good. Happy to answer any questions related to medicals.

Next stage is getting ready for the most awaited big interview :)

Hello,

Do they charge for missing shots that they give in the clinic?

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 2/17/2023 at 11:00 AM, ACC24 said:

Hypothetical situation which seems crazy to explain but it is what is when most of us are stuck waiting for IV interviews/ approvals for prolonged years ….. kindly share your valuable inputs/suggestions based on your expertise or research understanding  US LPR and Canadian citizenship timelines. Please tag any senior members of the group as needed for better response/clarity.

-Montreal interview for EB2 scheduled for Mar 2023 both for myself and my wife ( same case number) for which I had to reschedule my Canadian citizenship oath ceremony that was before US consulate interview ( considering there might be potential conflicts explaining situation wrt to changes in citizenship at the US consulate interview)

-My wife got her Canadian citizenship ceremony now ( we had applied separately for Canadian citizenship) and we are again in a big dilemma whether we should reschedule for her as well or not - What might be the implications if one of our citizenship has changed than what is entered on DS 260? Will this affect the principal applicant(me) too since we both are under same case number and my wife is a dependent in IV process?

-If we are approved at the Montreal, we are planning to resume our Canadian oath ceremony process right after we cross the border to activate IV. However there is always an "IF" situation if our case gets stuck in AP causing delays. In that scenario, can we resume our Canadian oath ceremony process? How this might affect our IV situation when the timeline is highly uncertain on AP'd cases?

Hello,

what is the benefit of having several citizenship? 

Filed: E-2 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I am waiting for visa interview. My documents qualified in October. It seems I have to wait long time for the visa interview. I am concerned that I don't have record of my vaccine certificate that were given at my early age. Going through the details, I found I have to take Td/Tdap, MMR (Measles, Mumps and Rubella), Hepatitis B, Varicella, and Influenza (flue shot). 

Here is my question;

1. I come to know there is antibody test to identify which vaccine I got that is called titer test. Where I can do this test?

2. Where I should contact to get the Td/Tdap, MMR (Measles, Mumps and Rubella), Hepatitis B, and Varicella vaccine?

I just a note, I live in Ontario.

23 hours ago, Rezasoe said:

Hello,

Do they charge for missing shots that they give in the clinic?

They do not give any missing shots at the Dr. Lee's clinic. Depending on where you stay in Ontario, you might want to check with your primary care physician or public health office/clinic. For my wife, our work insurance covered partially for Hep B vaccine that she took at Shoppers Drugmart.

2 hours ago, LAB_BD said:

I am waiting for visa interview. My documents qualified in October. It seems I have to wait long time for the visa interview. I am concerned that I don't have record of my vaccine certificate that were given at my early age. Going through the details, I found I have to take Td/Tdap, MMR (Measles, Mumps and Rubella), Hepatitis B, Varicella, and Influenza (flue shot). 

Here is my question;

1. I come to know there is antibody test to identify which vaccine I got that is called titer test. Where I can do this test? - At your primary care doctor office or Life Labs after getting notified by your doc's office

2. Where I should contact to get the Td/Tdap, MMR (Measles, Mumps and Rubella), Hepatitis B, and Varicella vaccine? - Again, some primary care doctors can order it and give it to you at their office or you have to get the prescription sent to the local pharmacy. Some public health office/clinic also might offer it based on the region

17 hours ago, LAB_BD said:

Here is my question;

1. I come to know there is antibody test to identify which vaccine I got that is called titer test. Where I can do this test?

2. Where I should contact to get the Td/Tdap, MMR (Measles, Mumps and Rubella), Hepatitis B, and Varicella vaccine?

Check with your Family Doctor. He/She should give you titter test requisition and also give you all the required vaccines.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.