Blueeyes1989

Montreal embassy EB-2 interview wait time-Part 2

2,675 posts in this topic

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, farzady said:

Finally, I received an email reply for my inquiry. It said my case is scheduled for an interview and I will receive an email shortly. 

Will the IL likely be for Jan 2023? Just trying to make a decision on whether we should AOS or continue to wait for CP in hopes that they will clear it...

4 minutes ago, Leeching Spouse said:

Will the IL likely be for Jan 2023? Just trying to make a decision on whether we should AOS or continue to wait for CP in hopes that they will clear it...

Have you taken into account the chances of getting AP-ed and the potentially long wait after? I don't know about your circumstances but AOS is very much preferred to IV these days, esp. because consulates have recently had an abnormally high rate of sending cases to AP.

Timeline
Just now, immishok said:

Have you taken into account the chances of getting AP-ed and the potentially long wait after? I don't know about your circumstances but AOS is very much preferred to IV these days, esp. because consulates have recently had an abnormally high rate of sending cases to AP.

Is there a chance that we could receive DS-5535 even though none of us are of Middle Eastern background (nor have any relatives with the same background)?

3 minutes ago, Leeching Spouse said:

Is there a chance that we could receive DS-5535 even though none of us are of Middle Eastern background (nor have any relatives with the same background)?

Oh yeah 😁 Have a look at the DS-5535 thread!

Although it is true that middle eastern background increases that likelihood significantly, but given discussions I have had with my lawyers, they said that the relative percentage is still the same. However, the total number of AP-ed cases has risen beyond the normal rate. There was another analysis by some lawyers (it was posted in this thread I believe) and they said the same.

Timeline
32 minutes ago, raisins said:

@farzady congrats, happy to see there is some movement since things have looked pretty stale the last couple of months!

What does your status in CEAC show?

Thanks, my case is still at nvc on ceac. I’m still waiting to get the actual IL. 

Timeline
41 minutes ago, DTCC said:

@farzadyThanks! I submitted inquiry on 29th November but no response yet.  Per  Montreal consulate website, My  DQ date (28th October 2020) fall under current  EB processing window.

Other than that reply from nvc I don’t have anything. Just wait and see if any ILs sent out tonight…

1 hour ago, Froozion said:

Why has Montreal not updated their progress this month? It still states Nov 3rd? Has there been no progress in the backlog? It seems concerning still nobody has received IL.

No update on the website is normal. In the past they updated it on the 8th or 9th day of the month. I agree with the second part, really concerning they didn't sent December or January ILs to anyone on this group yet... 

Hi Folks,

I am new to this group. Timelines as below

Perm filed: July 2021(priority date)

I-140 EB3: Approved on Feb 2022

NVC DQ: May 2022

Consular Processing: Montreal

Chargeability: ROW( current)

I have a few questions and hoping if someone can provide some guidance

1) For interview it mentions we need to provide latest employment letter. Currently I am on TN working for the same employer that filed my perm. The roles and responsibilities of my current job matches with that filed on the PERM. So how is this new employment letter going to be any different? Also because I work in the IT workspace, do we also need to show a client letter. I had to show that for TN interview.

2) Question pertaining to Intent due to administrative processing - One of the issues with TN is to not having dual intent. That was the reason why I opted for Consular processing. Unlike AP, in CP one shows intent when they actually go for the interview. So if the outcome of the interview is Admin processing, will I be able to enter the US with the current TN because now I have shown intent to migrate

3) My TN is valid till October 2023. Considering Montreal is processing Oct 2020 EB, I am not hopeful of getting an interview invite before my TN expires. Is it advisable to renew at the border or via I-129 with USCIS. I am a frequent traveler, if I-129 is filed, can I leave the US when the application is pending

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.