Blueeyes1989

Montreal embassy EB-2 interview wait time-Part 2

2,675 posts in this topic

According to https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/Statistics/Immigrant-Statistics/WaitingList/WaitingListItem_2021vF.pdf

Montreal had 553 pending EB1 and 559 pending EB2 as of November 1st, 2021.

Since then, Montreal only processed 122 EB1 and 183 EB2.

Even with increasing capacity to 80 cases per month for EB2, it will take a minimum of 5 months just to get to November 2021.

That's without considering they have some sort of prioritization system capturing a share of the EB visas processed.

15 hours ago, miv2331 said:

According to https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/Statistics/Immigrant-Statistics/WaitingList/WaitingListItem_2021vF.pdf

Montreal had 553 pending EB1 and 559 pending EB2 as of November 1st, 2021.

Since then, Montreal only processed 122 EB1 and 183 EB2.

Even with increasing capacity to 80 cases per month for EB2, it will take a minimum of 5 months just to get to November 2021.

That's without considering they have some sort of prioritization system capturing a share of the EB visas processed.

Yes but non-EB processing is gradually being reduced so assumption is EB will see more than 80 cases being resolved in the coming months.

Fingers crossed.

13 hours ago, Leeching Spouse said:

Do Consulates get the two weeks of Winter holidays too?

I hope not but general holiday slowdown will hit everything at that time.

"We urge any visa applicant who can travel to another embassy or consulate with shorter wait times to consider doing so.  There is no penalty for applying anywhere appointments are available, even outside your home country.  For the latest information about wait times, see https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas.html."

Was there ever any further information on this status about going to other consulates with shorter wait times?

39 minutes ago, Froozion said:

"We urge any visa applicant who can travel to another embassy or consulate with shorter wait times to consider doing so.  There is no penalty for applying anywhere appointments are available, even outside your home country.  For the latest information about wait times, see https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas.html."

Was there ever any further information on this status about going to other consulates with shorter wait times?

you can't. this is only for NIVs.

3 hours ago, can_do said:

Yes but non-EB processing is gradually being reduced so assumption is EB will see more than 80 cases being resolved in the coming months.

Fingers crossed.

I was assuming 80 per month only for EB2 (Based on equal split between EB1, 2 and 3 of ~250 EB total). That would be a jump from 10 EB2s last month.

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
4 hours ago, miv2331 said:

I was assuming 80 per month only for EB2 (Based on equal split between EB1, 2 and 3 of ~250 EB total). That would be a jump from 10 EB2s last month.

I don't think the split will ever be equal based on past trends. The number of EB3s approved is significantly higher than EB1 + EB2 combined. 

EB1 average = 15/month

EB2 average = 20/month

EB3 average = 70/month

hi everyone, 

I had a quick question:

Can we apply for a B1/B2 visa or a H4 visa (if spouse is in the US on H1) while awaiting IV interview at the Montreal Consulate?

Has anyone here applied for either of the visas, and entered the US while awaiting for the interview? Is there anything we need to keep in mind while doing so, or any issues that we may face while doing this?

Thanks!

Edited by New_123

1 hour ago, New_123 said:

hi everyone, 

I had a quick question:

Can we apply for a B1/B2 visa or a H4 visa (if spouse is in the US on H1) while awaiting IV interview at the Montreal Consulate?

Has anyone here applied for either of the visas, and entered the US while awaiting for the interview? Is there anything we need to keep in mind while doing so, or any issues that we may face while doing this?

Thanks!

I applied for a B visa after I have had an approved I-140, and had traveled on B status both before and after DQ'ed, never an issue (I also have NEXUS, not sure if that made a difference). 

My understanding is by going the IVP route, you actually demonstrate that you don't have an immigrant intent since you are applying for an IV and then again applying for admission at the border once you are issued an IV. 

Good luck getting an appointment for those type of visas before the end of 2023 though!

Edited by ALC

16 hours ago, Leeching Spouse said:

I don't think the split will ever be equal based on past trends. The number of EB3s approved is significantly higher than EB1 + EB2 combined. 

EB1 average = 15/month

EB2 average = 20/month

EB3 average = 70/month

I believe the average for Montreal in 2022 regarding EB3 is 55.7/month

image.png.abd65a65cc47b241ed65becd1908a41e.png

16 hours ago, ALC said:

I applied for a B visa after I have had an approved I-140, and had traveled on B status both before and after DQ'ed, never an issue (I also have NEXUS, not sure if that made a difference). 

My understanding is by going the IVP route, you actually demonstrate that you don't have an immigrant intent since you are applying for an IV and then again applying for admission at the border once you are issued an IV. 

Good luck getting an appointment for those type of visas before the end of 2023 though!

Thanks, @ALC :) Good to know we can enter the US on non immigrant visa even though we are awaiting IV here. 

I think dependent visa is quicker at the moment. I'll try that and see. Will check B visa after that. H
opefully, it works out!

17 hours ago, ALC said:

Has anyone without NEXUS in this forum applied for B or H4 visa while awaiting their IV interview?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.