champole

K1 Russian fiance cannot travel to Poland for interview

42 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Can you fly directly to a Schengen country from Russia, I assumed you would need to go through a third country.

If you are talking about next year well who knows what the situation will be.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

17 minutes ago, Boiler said:

Can you fly directly to a Schengen country from Russia, I assumed you would need to go through a third country.

If you are talking about next year well who knows what the situation will be.

You are correct, you would need to fly to another country first like Turkey or Dubai for example then go to Schengen country where visa approved, then fly to Warsaw

21 hours ago, powerpuff said:

I mentioned other countries, not Poland. I imagine Poland is not a #1 tourist destination in Europe 

Do you know of any Russian citizens who have gotten a Schengen Visa recently (to any Schengen country)? I would like to touch base with them and find out about details, specifically what is the maximum length of time the Visa would be valid for that a Russian citizen can reasonably expect to get. 

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
On 8/9/2022 at 1:14 PM, ChristopherG said:

With U.S. Embassy in Moscow closed and Poland not issuing visa's to Russian nationals, is there any way to get the U.S. Government to change interview locations to another country that is accepting Russian nationals?
This portion of the K1 visa process for Russian nationals is broken, it needs direct and immediate action to provide services to U.S. Citizens trying to bring their family members and loved ones home!

Any updates on your case? We still can’t schedule an interview date, it always says no appointments available, we can’t even see the calendar, I emailed Traveldocs and got an email saying very limited openings for non Poland residents 

9 minutes ago, Mike20090622 said:

Any updates on your case? We still can’t schedule an interview date, it always says no appointments available, we can’t even see the calendar, I emailed Traveldocs and got an email saying very limited openings for non Poland residents 

No updates from my end. Still waiting on noa2

Timeline
5 hours ago, Mike20090622 said:

Hello folks, I hope you all are well !

NOA1 is 221 days no change. 

Edited by ChristopherG

Timeline
On 8/9/2022 at 8:37 PM, champole said:

Do you know of any Russian citizens who have gotten a Schengen Visa recently (to any Schengen country)? I would like to touch base with them and find out about details, specifically what is the maximum length of time the Visa would be valid for that a Russian citizen can reasonably expect to get. 

There are numerous chats on Telegram on this very topic.

As long as Admins or anyone else don't mind, I can share invite links. Sending a private message is ok too.

Timeline

My fiancé was just approved for a Schengen visa through Italy. Her friend just got a visa through Spain as well. 

My fiancé has been to Italy once before and Spain once before (both around 5 years ago), we are meeting in Italy in September for 10 days, they approved her for a one month visa. She'll be flying there through Turkey.

On the 30th of this month, the EU will be meeting to discuss the issue of Russian tourists visiting Schengen countries. Many countries such as Germany and Greece have come out against banning Russians, but countries like Poland, Finland and the Baltics are talking about banning Russians regardless of what the EU decides on the 30th.

All we can do is wait and see. If Poland starts banning Russians, I hope some other consulate in another country like Kazakhstan, takes on the Russian visa caseload quickly.

Edited by Cheddy

46 minutes ago, Cheddy said:

My fiancé was just approved for a Schengen visa through Italy. Her friend just got a visa through Spain as well. 

My fiancé has been to Italy once before and Spain once before (both around 5 years ago), we are meeting in Italy in September for 10 days, they approved her for a one month visa. She'll be flying there through Turkey.

On the 30th of this month, the EU will be meeting to discuss the issue of Russian tourists visiting Schengen countries. Many countries such as Germany and Greece have come out against banning Russians, but countries like Poland, Finland and the Baltics are talking about banning Russians regardless of what the EU decides on the 30th.

All we can do is wait and see. If Poland starts banning Russians, I hope some other consulate in another country like Kazakhstan, takes on the Russian visa caseload quickly.

That is very helpful. Thank you. When you applied for the Italian visa, did you need to specify dates and already have travel arrangements made as evidence?

Timeline
48 minutes ago, champole said:

That is very helpful. Thank you. When you applied for the Italian visa, did you need to specify dates and already have travel arrangements made as evidence?

She needed to show a ton of proof. 

We specified the exact dates of our trip. She needed proof of employment, proof of funds, proof of hotel reservation, proof of plane tix, and more. 

Timeline
On 8/23/2022 at 10:14 AM, Cheddy said:

I hope Poland will ban Russian entry then department of state has to change the interview embassy for Russian, Poland mostly will announce in am week and then we can email traveldocs to change the embassy 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
On 8/21/2022 at 11:06 PM, Mike20090622 said:

Mike, I thought you and your girl were kaput. Have you reconciled?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.